[Analysis] "Balance" Why WWrend nerf?

It is a nice chart and I respect that you put all this work into it.

But I have one question that I need to better understand your graphs;
I see that the the further you move to the right it refers to the GR level, but what does the pillar mean when you go up?

This here is GR, I understand that:
----> GR

But what is the arrow up referring to:
^
|
|

???

ty

Thanks blizzard now we have ANOTHER season of rats! Nobody is going to play.

I am posting a cumulative normal distribution chart as well. You will understand it better. It is statistics.

1 Like

Just spam tablets and you will get your will… Apparently works for others.

1 Like

Diablo 3 will never be good. Just give it up already lol. The mentality of the developers on D3 is horrendous.

If you think D4 will be different than brace yourself for a big let down.

Don’t worry D4 will probably be great for the first few months until they start to balance the game…

2 Likes

I have some hope, but we’ll see. The dev that was on Rhykker’s stream actually seemed to enjoy D2 and its systems. He preferred the chars from D2 over the chars from D3 also. It seems like since they shoehorned themselves into sets on D3 and racing the timer on rifts, they really screwed up the design of the game. It’s been a constant nerfing and buffing cycle.

I applaud you guys for trying to get the barb to be great again, but at its core, itemization and rift times in D3 are whack.

Here go my plans for S19. I was going to spin the hell out of it, but apparently not. :unamused:

I think he just acted like that to appeal all the hardcore D2 LoD fans, so they might get more interested in buying the game…

Yeah, we’ll see. I’m definitely not pre ordering it or anything. They really need to deliver this time around.

I doubt I’ll buy D4, after all the nerfs in D3 I don’t think D4 will be any different, so I say no thank you to nerfing my favourite class or build I like to play the most, cause this can also happen in D4…

I will wait a year or two before I decide to whether buy the game or not…

If I notice any buff or nerf rollercoaster in the D4 I will stay away from the game.

1 Like

I think I would understand your current two charts as well if they would mention what the other axis is referring to.

The axis from the left to right is referring to GR level, but what is the other axis referring to? It does not mention it in your graph.

ty

Yeah the whole buffing and nerfing cycle in D3 drives me insane. I just wish they’d go back to D2’s ways to increase damage. It was perfect imo. Sadly, it seems like the D4 devs are already focusing on legendaries too much also. I miss the days of finding nice rare circlets that were best in slot for certain builds. I miss the days of + to skills and increasing damage types based on elements etc. I honestly wish they would have just remastered D2 or overhauled D3 completely.

OT: Buff Barbs!

Ok if you want to know, it is the density of probability. However, you don’t have to worry about Y axis. For our purposes what matters is the bell curve shape and location. It is too much statistics.

On the other hand, cumulative distribution is more understandable. For example, if you look at the 50% percentile line, it should match the means of all the classes (you can read the GR numbers it will match the mean)

1 Like

Yepp, man i was so hyped for d4, awesome cinematic and the barb look great in those gameplay vids. And then, after i woke up, went to look for new d4 stuff just to see that they nerfed the barb into oblivion. Man this was a huge let down and killed the d4 hype totally. Cuz like you said, i have no doubt that they will continue with this behaviour.

2 Likes

Yep, kinda messed up my positive attitude too!

Ah, okay, now I understand.
ty

================

I am one of those that you called “balance lovers”, however, I was none of those who advocated for a WW/Rend nerf - also not in this one recent thread of yours. Just to make this clear, I just had a problem with the idea of “Never Nerf, Always Buff”.

Now, having said that, then yes, I would agree that DH’s and Wizards (or at least some of their builds) should get nerfed (assuming your calculations are correct) - and I am saying this as a DH main.

1 Like

Thanks man, as long as there is a civil communication, I am cool with everybody. Of course these are real numbers and real values. Otherwise, matching normal dist curve, cumulative normal dist curve and them matching with the class means would be a pain.

FYI: I actually meant to say table lovers lol. I know your nerf intentions are different . It is about bringing everybody to close clearing capability: can be done in two ways: by nerfing very strong builds or bringing weaker builds to the very strong category. Somehow, this patch did not do much in both category. Maybe only for Crusaders’ buff.

But the other dude had an agenda in his messages so his place is different.

1 Like

right, okay, ty back to you as well.

And of course there is a third way: by doing both, nerfing the very strong and buffing the weaker builds.

But in order to do that we first have to establish what the appropriate GR shall be that shall be balanced around (or better said: the devs have to do that). If it is GR120 than all/most builds should be balanced around that, but it also could be GR120 or just GR100 (although I think that at this point in time a balance around GR100 is unlikely to happen).

In my opinion, 130 is that level. If you look at the distribution, the top performers will cap out at 150s then, which is the hard cap they envisioned.