[Analysis] "Balance" Why WWrend nerf?

They obviously didn’t take into account that the guy did a high clear on a ww rend barb had 10k paragon.

1 Like

Who cares if a Barb player had 20000 paragon, full primal perfect items with all 150 augments and 150 rank legendary gems.

They don’t deserve to compete against the strongest DPS classes in game.

Anytime they come close to 140 GR they break the balance and are OP…

Their purpose is to serve as a ZDPS slave for METAs only nothing else…

That’s what the nerf bandwagon thinks and I guess Devs too, cause they always leave barbs with pretty much nothing and take away anything that could make barbs great again

4 Likes

Definetly not. And as I already wrote I’m not looking at the best of the best with their 10.000 botted Paragon. I was looking at the phase where imho players spend the most of the playtime. Speedfarming and Paragon grinding.

Go find my other analyser which consider clear time etc. This one is a reaction to micro’s tabblers :slight_smile:)

3 Likes

@kitcmann Here. You can find all my past work:

I can compare all classes by normalizing their clears with paragon etc…

This thread here is just a statistics about how many player is clearing what. And a “genious” troll named MicroRNA was using such metrics to make claims. This is me showing all a more general look.

Of course I always stated that one cannot directly compare GRs to decide buff numbers. This is a statistics of players only.

Please check my older posts. You will see what I mean. My past buff estimatiins matched developers’ well. It is an approximate approach.

5 Likes

Prokahn’s era 11/non-season analysis is here and you can see the comments.

I’m really sorry but someone who wants DHs to be nerfed according to his own fake numbers … I cannot take you serious bro.

If you look at the current season DH did a 132 and Barb a 130. So it’s only 2 GR difference. Not really much and I could say that Barb doesn’t need a buff at all. But I don’t. Why? Because I also PLAY a Barb and know especially the WW build just feels weak and not fun at all. Barb definetly DESERVES a buff but I also don’t want him to be OP. What he was imho in the first PTR iteration.

Hey there,

• These are not data generated by me. This is the normal distribution of the NS Era 11 clears. It is basic statistics. If the reality is not enlightening you, I suggest going back to school to learn some basic statistics.

• Also the buff numbers are not accurate as I explained. The reality is crueler than this. If they choose to balance about the top performers, they have to buff every class to Wizard levels.

• You cannot show seasonal clears as a justification for balance. Seasonal clears benefit from seasonal themes. I suggest you to have a look at the NS clears.

• I don’t care whether you believe in my numbers or not. Apparently Don Vu and many other community members appreciated my approaches in the past. You are just too new around here I guess.

Imgur

Also this one:

Go to 3:58

And this one:

Go to 8:37 (my reddit username is barbnut)

Now enough with self gratification :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

We are missing Don Vu, aren’t we?

Big high five to Don for his work. I did an ERA 11 work and put the results out there in another thread, but I am too busy to come up with set buff numbers etc as this patch is about legendary item introduction (the 2nd step of fixing the barbarian class).

I am sure developers will figure the problems out nicely without my feedback this time around.

1 Like

I have been thinking about your analysis. Your greater rift efficiency analysis makes intuitive sense to me in the context of the limitations of the dataset. This one I worry about a couple things that relate to how many are playing each class. I will use an example to illustrate my apprehension.

There are two populations where for a certain characteristic that have identical average of 200 and standard deviation of 30. One population has 5,000 individuals while the other has 10,000. If we base our numbers on the top 1,000, one is essential average the top 20% of one group while the top 10% of the other group. One would see that the group where only the top 10% were interrogated had more of the interrogated characteristic than the group where it was the top 20%. Also, I question if “normal distribution” is an appropriate statistics to analyze the tails of a population.

And that my friend, what we have been telling you in the last couple of months. Comparing GR clears with averages will not make sense to identify buff values. Good thing you are seeing that now. You cannot average different GRs for the sake of proving buff values or weaknesses.

The best we could do is to normalize the clears using duration and paragon (as these are the only available variables). And it gives an approximate view to us.

If you notice this thread is not about buffing or nerfing a specific class, I am simply showing what % of the player population exists in which GR interval. So buffing or nerfing considering very minor part of the 1% of the player base is extremely unreasonable. I am sarcastic with the buff numbers as I know they are no where near what they should be. For that people need to refer to my other post regarding the buff amounts.

Power curve shows a great deviation at higher GRs.

Buffs and nerfs must be done considering the class averages. Don Vu did this job very well. Let’s hope this new dev understands these facts as well.

2 Likes

I agree that your other analysis is much better. In your greater rift analysis, it is more solid because it minimizes the player number confounder. The analysis in the OP is less informative in my mind.

This is just about the player distribution. they should not nerf just because 0.1% of the playerbase cleared a 140 or even higher. I think rend still needs a buff for the sake of average players.

2 Likes

Honestly, I do not know how many play each class. At one point, I could see at least 2,000 players on the leaderboard API and the bottom clears were not super low. If there is 5,000 players per class in a region, I am not sure that we can really assess accurately the average or median player.

If Wizards can do 148 GRs and Necros can do 147 GRs than what’s the big deal with barbs barely doing 140 GR with perfect items and over 10500 paragon?!

Wizards and Necros can clear over 145 GRs, but when Barbs clear a 140 GR he’s breaking the balance of the game or are OP…

Support Free’s Thread:

From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

Also check, to see how barbs were treated over years:

By Three They Come

3 Likes

“This is just about the player distribution. they should not nerf just because 0.1% of the playerbase cleared a 140 or even higher. I think rend still needs a buff for the sake of average players.”

You’re not the only one to say this, but you’re still right - - and still ignored by Blizz devs, which is unfortunate. If the game doesn’t appeal to the average player in terms of what can be accomplished, then what is the game about? At this point it seems that nerf trolls and bots control this game and every reaction from Blizz is to cater to one or the other. I’m tired of it.
Anyways, thanks for the work you’ve done.

3 Likes

And this I see different. Especially NS the Paragon has so much influence on the GR clears that it is nearly impossible to do a proper comparison imo.
In a fresh season on the other hand you can see the potential of a build clearer. Especially in the beginning.

But I will stop discussing here because other opinions are not accepted and get flagged so they are deleted. Doesn’t make sense to me. Hope you all get the OP Barb you want.

So you say angels one shotting 150 RG will be a very good measure for balance. It is ok no problem by me.

I like you. You funny.

Where the hell did I say this? Nowhere. I think it was yourself who wrote one shouldn’t only look at the highest GR clears. And in nerly every single one of my threads I’m talking about early and mid-game. And there the RG ist mostly one shot anyway. So the season theme doesn’t really matter.

That’s why it is useless to discuss here.

Simple fact is Blizz has been doing this every ptr for Barb. Make them OP then knock them back. Im not surprised at all. Core barb needs a fix not just one build. Ill leave the math to you guys. Just fix single target dps lol:)

1 Like