Amazon Won't Be Viable In PvP Due to 21:9 & Beyond Targeting

If nothing is done to fix the problem detailed in this thread: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/report-extended-screen-range/32107 Amazon will be knocked out of pvp viability due to a certain handful of skills. Pretty much the ones that can activate instantly on top of the zon’s head at extreme range. Zon frw and the low maximum breakpoints with Zon fast cast rate using teleport, will not be able to keep up with guys using skills like this at 21:9 or beyond target range:

1. FoH
  2. Blizzard
  3. Light Sentry / Mind Blast
  4. Farcast CS

As a long time zon main, I’m quite disappointed in this really.

Here is a quote of a post I made in that thread that I had linked, better detailing this issue as well as how it will effect pvm:

Its’ not only the amazon, allowing such field of view will completely break the game.
Anyone without 32:9 screen will have a huge disadvantage in both PvP and PvM and even if everyone will buy 32:9 screen just because of this, it will still totally break balance between classes/builds, amazon being just one example as you described.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m actually getting kind of worried about it.

I was super stoked to play D2r. This was the first game release in about 15-20 years that I was actually truly excited to see. But if this problem is not fixed, it will ruin the game for people who play for the pvp.

This is a huge game breaking issue that needs to be fixed or it will ruin all competitive aspects of the game, as well as cheese up the pvm to where it is too easy.

1 Like

Guided arrow has one of the longest range in the game. It can home in and hit pvp targets off screen without a name lock if shot in their general direction.

Why would the amazon not be played in pvp?

Hard to explain unless you were deep into the D2 pvp scene.

But there is no reason to keep responding in this thread, as they have already began to take measures to tend to this issue.

Actually, one other thing I’ve noticed during beta which is probably the bigger issue at this point, is that WSG is quite sticky in the middle of attacks in D2r and isn’t working as fluidly as it once did. This will make many problems for Amazons in higher tier play.