Alter of Rites missing

I have tried to find the alter in the Festering woods 3 times; with 2 reg. chars and 1 Season char. I have looked over and thru the Festering Woods several times with no luck.
I used my PTR login I created before and hit PTR copy to get my latest set of Chars. Did not need to create a new one as have done PTR before and could log in with my original credentials. HELP

The Altar is in Tristram, behind Cain’s house. It’s on that little alley leading to the fence merchant.

The festering woods bit was only backstory, you don’t have to go there to get the altar.

2 Likes

Fence merchant? Alley? My char is a Lvl 70, There is no Cain’s house in Tristram now. Do I have to go in as a Lvl. 1? Or change from adventure mode to Campaign?
I may be dumb, blind or just dense but I don’t see the Alter in either location.
Thanks for your help

1 Like

Go down the path to the left of the Inn. Season only

2 Likes

I’ve got same problem about missing Altar of Rites too.
Having install, uninstall even scan and repair. They don’t work at all.
As latest INFO said it’s locate behind The Slaughtered Calf Inn at New Tristam (not Festering Wood). I don’t see anything. I quit now cause PTR is too short for this session.

Verify you are on a seasonal character.

1 Like

I have 2 Seasonal chars and still no luck.

1 Like

Where are you looking for this Alter at?

It’s not in the Festering Woods, it’s in New Tristram…

The altar is seasonal only, so it doesn’t exist for non-seasonal heroes.

4 Likes

Thanks for the pic - it really nails it down. However, when my Seasonal char. goes to that spot it is occupied by the Mystic. Do I have to be a certain level for it to be there? I know they said a Lvl. 1 can use it but there is no way he/she could get to it for several levels for it is initially blocked. Something is wrong in my game - - or me. I even tried it with a 2nd Seasonal - rebirthed not made. ??

You have to be in Adventure Mode, not the campaign.

7 Likes

It’s NOT in Act 1! Behind ANYONE’S house. I have 3 seasonal characters, and none of them could find it. It’s not in adventure or campaign. Tried everything.

1 Like

Are you 100% certain you are in the PTR? It is not the same log in as normal, and you need to have downloaded the client.

1 Like

I showed a screenshot of exactly where it is a couple of posts ago.
Heck, I even completed all nodes of the Altar yesterday…

Playing European server and I dont find the Alter anywhere either :face_with_raised_eyebrow: checked the area where the screenshot shows… nothing… :pensive:

Are you on the PTR, on a seasonal hero, and in adventure mode?

1 Like

The Altar only exists in Season 28 and, right now, that means it’s only available on the PTR server. If you are playing on the EU server, that means you’re playing on live where Season 27 hasn’t even ended yet, let alone Season 28 having started.

If you want to test this, you have to play on the PTR (Public Test Realm) server.

2 Likes

I am on the PTR site, downloaded the 2.7.5 patch and no Alter

Scroll up to where I posted a screenshot of exactly where the Altar is.

• You have to be on the PTR
  • You have to be on a seasonal hero
  • You have to be playing in Adventure Mode, not Campaign Mode

I am in PTR, I have a seasonal character, and I did go look where you showed on the screenshot, still just a blank spot