Activision pulled in house studios to work on COD

Yeah, Heard this from Angry Joe’s news video they do on Monday’s every week. This is the current one of the two videos. Angry joe usually does two videos of these every Monday. They mentioned that all in house dev studios were pulled to work on COD. They mentioned VV but they didn’t go in detail fully if they were one of them.
Does anyone know if Vicarious Visions were pulled to do Call of Duty installments?
It wasn’t long ago Vicarious Visions were working on Diablo IV.
Is this information from Twitter or something?

that would be pretty bull if they were… then again its activation soo, BS is to be expected.

its why i don’t trust them to touch a damn thing balance wise

2 Likes

how exactly is this relevant to D2:r? You realize they wouldn’t literally pull devs that are finishing up a game entering Beta a couple months before release for a game releasing later, right? Their studio can be “contracted” to work on it right now but they are currently finishing D2:R, at least the Devs who are assigned to D2:R still are. CoD is releasing Q4, D2:R is releasing end of Q2-Q3. Studios can work with a lot of different games at once, doesn’t make this the “vicarious visions” forum. lol

2 Likes

Isn’t VV now under Blizzard and not Activision?

See:
Blizzard is gobbling up Vicarious Visions (yahoo.com)

Besides your speculation, do you have any support from a media report or interview that stated D2R is coming out Q2-Q3?

2 Likes

All anyone can do is speculate. Obviously if they said anything to an official date i wouldve been the first one to link it. lol. But to me its pretty clear this is what they are aiming for.

-D:I is releasing Q4 this year. they said “end of” so this is certain.
-They also stated D2:R will release “prior” to D:I and will “have time to play the storyline” since they are connected. meaning they aren’t releasing super close together.
-The game is only a remaster and only has to fix graphical bugs. also considering they made statements saying they are purposfully leaving in the majority of bugs, so not a lot of work there either.
-The alpha was literally only 4 days long and then they instantly changed to “beta” instead of “open alpha” like they previously stated. implying things are moving even faster than they thought.
-Perfect release date of either June 27th-29th being the 20 and 21st anniversaries of their OG release.

Still speculation. but its speculation based on a lot of factors. I would be genuinely shocked if it doesn’t release on June 27-29th. or at the very very latest, August.

Taking bets anyone? :stuck_out_tongue:

Again, do you have a source for this? Blizzard to my knowledge never said anything about an “open alpha”. Blizzrd said that the plan was for a single player alpha and then multiplayer alpha.

See:
Diablo 2: Resurrected Producer Confirms Second, Multiplayer Alpha | SegmentNext

Please provide a source for this.

You seem to ignore Rob’s and Chris’s full post-alpha interviews as well as a wealth of other Blizzard communication.

yea thats what i meant. multiplayer, not open.

nah. you can easily google this yourself as i did. ive talked about this to death.

you aren’t giving anything besides a vague “you seem to ignore”, ignore what statements specifically? no clue what you’re talking about.

ive already given my reasoning. if you disagree, oh well. id literally bet money its coming out end of June or summer for sure. Better hope im right.

Give your list of detailed reasons (and links if you want) of why YOU think its going to be later.

I did. I can find no such Blizzard statement that has explicitly stated that D:i is coming out prior to D2R.

Maybe because I have already provided you~15 blizzard and media links and multiple direct quotes. In this thread, I have already linked two media reports to confirm what I have claimed.

wasn’t an official blizzard statement. It was one of the developers at blizzard mentioned it during some talk. cant remember which one. Again, its not a big deal. but yes D2: r is 100% releasing prior to D:I because of the storyline as well. They could both release Q4 this year, but im positive that won’t happen.

you always provide links and just say “this proves my point”. Or 1-2 quotes that literally dont support your argument, lol. im also not going to click 15 links. If you want to lay out your reasons of why D2R is releasing later and why, as i did, id love to read it. we dont have to pick eachothers reasons apart or demand empirical evidence for every reason. Just state your reasons.

1 Like

Why does the storyline have to do with anything. The story line of D2 was established 20 years ago. Are you claiming that D2R will change the D2 storyline?

I am not sure when D2R will release. To date, Blizzard has kept the release date vague as in 2021 or by 12/31/2021. Tomorrow, the ATVI report may give a clue.

Are you an auditory learner? I have noticed that you gravitate to information that is spoken rather than written.

yes. this is just a factual statement. whats your OPINION man. based upon your own personal reasoning, or interpretation of certain interviews, has led you to believe D2R will release later this year instead of June-Aug? Or did you not disagree with what i said you were just picking it apart for the sake of argument? Thats not constructive.

1 Like

My opinion is that it will be Q4 to capitalize on holiday sales. In addition, it still sounds like Blizzard is still deciding what additional features to include in D2R in light of the post-technical alpha Blizzard survey.

1 Like

that is your one and only reasoning?

You’re a “i go on facts and make zero assumptions without absolute proof” kinda guy, aren’t you? Have to be 100% certain to state anything?

there we go. 2 reasons. They are strong reasons, i won’t downplay them. Blizzard is a multi billion dollar corp that always wants to capitalize on holidays and that survey also had me worried. lel

How is this relevant to D2R?
Have you been paying attention to what’s been happening with Blizzard lately overall?
Not long ago, Jeff Kaplan left the Overwatch team.
WOW has been bleeding talent since Warlords of Draneor.
It seems like Activision finally may just be involved more in Blizzard IP than they ever have before.

its relevant to blizzard and company in general. But not really relevant to be posted in the D2:R forum since theres nothing that is actually effecting the game itself.

Isn’t VV now under Blizzard and not Activision?
Well Activision is Blizzard. Though lately, given other recent events, it may just be purely Activision.
But yes, they were sent to a Blizzard IP but, they were an Activision Studio first.

Not exactly.

Activision, Blizzard, and King are separate, but all fall under the ATVI umbrella.

Blizzard is gobbling up Vicarious Visions (yahoo.com)

It could effect D2 R later down the road. Like the possibility if this is true means the possibility for patches after release or additional content would have even less a chance because Activision/Blizzard will be allocating resources to different projects.

VV is supposedly already helping out with Diablo IV as illustrated by a recent job posting.

Diablo 2 Resurrected dev Vicarious Visions to help with Diablo 4 | TweakTown

1 Like

That’s to old though. Considering this current information is from May 3rd if it turns out to be true.