About the holy point shot change

Do understand what the OP is talking about? He is talking about Quiver not the Dagger. So what is the dagger got to with the change on the Quiver.

What people saying just like me. I have 2 accounts My season account has a primal holy point, my non season has one. My HC non season has one. Over on my other account is almost the same way too.

So we just throw them away and try to get the new one. Blizzard does this all the time. OH we are sorry but we are going make a change. It is To bad to sad but your old one will not re-roll the new stats.

When they make changes to the set pieces. You don’t have to find new ones do you. So why can’t they do the same thing here.

Yes it would not be bad if you did have a PRIMAL !!! You know you go months or years trying get this PRIMALS. Just have them change something and now you have to throw it away RIGHT !!!

2 Likes

so you have 6 primal hps?? then they cant be that hard to get can they? :smiley:

i understand what the op is biaatching about, the reason i mentioned the daggers is this. Normally you would spend lots of bounty mats on getting good weapons but with the impale build you dont have to bcs there are only 2 daggers in the loot pool making upgrade rares insanly effective at getting a good dagger. this means you save lots of mats that you can use to get a good quiver.

this is probably bcs the set powers are coded differently then item powers. item powers are directly related to individual pieces of gear. set powers arent they are related to how many items of a set you are wearing irrispective of the actual item. iow it doesnt matter if you wear a helm and chest or pants and gloves you will get the 2pc power

yes!
i have a few obsolete primals myself it sucks sure but thats just how the game works it has been like this since the introduction of legendary powers so…

deal with it and stop complaining

2 Likes

My concern is buffing HPS at 75 - 100 will only give Impale DH a 4.5 GR boost which is clearly not enough. So you hunt a new HPS. But DH will still be not competitive. By S22 which they brand as over all set balancing will they come for your Dagger next to bring it up to par with other characters?

3 Likes

I understand everyone’s frustration, but the way I see it, I’ll gladly accept that 100% damage buff on MS related item. So Impale DHs can keep their HPS from before, no need to farm a new one, and any MS lover will like it, both side being happy :blush:.

But I do get the 4.5 gr argument. It’s only PTR, but if other class builds are still stronger than DH, the number should be bigger.

3 Likes

I think a more reasonable solution applicable to the entire game is using primals as reagents to reroll ancient items.

something like 85% of the legendary items in game arent usable in any build; allow the exciting primal drop - any primal drop - to be useful for you in some way.

thats what a ptr is for, if it turns out that the dam buff isnt enough maybe they will decide to increase it. and i agree it probably needs to go up but we will see next thursday.

i also liked the suggestion of making chc a guaranteed roll it would make things a bit easier

and buffing items is hardly “coming for your items”

1 Like

HPS should have at least one of those three necessary rolls guaranteed, doesn’t matter if CC, element% or impale dmg. Searching for quiver with 4 good rolls at once is more like punishment, than fun.

4 Likes

Plus remove about 20 of the re-rolls that you never ever use!!! That is one reason it is so hard to re-roll anything on it.

Truthfully, I think the best solution is Impale. I’m a firm believer in cutting down the useless affix rolls on Sources, mojos and quivers. When was the last time a Wizard wanted Primary skill damage on a source?

NEVER. If Mirrorball/Mykens ever became usable, they could simply do the same thing for Magic Missile and Electrocute.

3 Likes

OH

they make retroactive legendary changes. My primal deathwish that ive obtained before the 1 sec. cd nerf can sing you a song about it :slight_smile:

They just dont care if its bad for you. Only if it was good.

I think everyone has had to destroy at least one favorite primal.
While nobody likes it particularly, I think many have grown accustomed that unless it has no RNG involved in the changes, it won’t port across to the existing legendary in your account.

1 Like

Hey, I hear ya. You probably don’t play seasons? From a seasonal player’s perspective, attachment to your gear is pointless, as the longest you will use a piece of gear is 3 months. Then it will just gather dust in your NS stash.

Making you refarm items that have been rendered useless is supposed to add to the “longevity” of the game. I’m not promoting it, just pointing out some other factors to consider.

Maybe devs should just remove any skill% from this quiver and add 15% (or any appropriate number, i don’t know if it’s additive or multiplicative) to its new legendary affix.

I think they should definitely remove some of the more useless item rolls on sources/offhands/quivers. Primary Wizard skills, Life per second are good examples for wizards. socket rolls, too. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone with a socket in their source. if there was ever a legendary gem for weapons/offhands, however…

1 Like

I also say leave HPS alone, what I would also like to see them do is increase Karlei’s Point damage to 600-700% and make another quiver for Impale (And Chakram too) something like:

Increase the damage of Impale by 150-200% on targets over 15 yards away and it has a 25% chance to release Fan of Knives on the first target hit.

For Shadow’s Mantle, they should make it like this:

2pc :
Unchanged but additionally, Bolas, Chakram, Fan of Knives and Impale all cast twice when used. (This replaces the need to buff HPS)

4pc :
Unchanged

6pc :
Bolas, Chakram and Impale deal an additional 100,000% weapon damage to the first enemy they hit. Fan of Knives increases the damage of your next attack by 100%.

Shadow Power > Well of Darkness :
Reduce all resource costs by 30%.

I love when an item gets more juice and instead of being excited the community whines about how hard it is to find a perfectly rolled one.

Do you want more damage or not?

If I were the devs I would just remove the buff altogether and let HPS go live as it is today without the multiplier.

It’s going to be hard to farm… like a great FoT? Or quad gloves? Or Gazing demise? Or the list continues.

Maybe we should just add Dank Meme to the live server and that would solve everyone’s gearing issue.

1 Like

Great idea for a cube recipe.

1 Like

Amulets and gloves don’t roll skill % dmg . I have found several ancient or primal amulets with trifecta and several FoT with good “quad” stats, gloves also, but so far only one HPS with all needed stats in usable range, and it’s non ancient. And while You have several options in which amulet to choose in every build, there is only one quiver for impale build. It sometimes (often) rolls without mainstat but with vit, socket, wrong element and skill , no ctít. I know it´s all rng, but this item in particular is cursed or what. Adding one more roll to the pool makes the probability of getting the one You want even lower. One guaranteed roll would make huge difference.

You realize that 75-100% damage is very little damage and growth? Subtract the maybe 20% off elemental and good rolls and all of a sudden you’re down to 35-50% upgrade? By the time you find a replacement for a good, hard to find item like HPS, paragon might actually bypass the original gain (or character progression with Enchants, other upgrades, etc.)

I hope the Devs don’t upgrade it and they take my suggestion, then it’s actually a win for Impale players.

1 Like

So 30-50% more damage even with garbage rolls is bad?

What about this makes the build less fun to play with a slight increase in damage?

Most non-bottling players don’t make it to the paragon break point where a multiplier increase gets overshadowed by mainstat stacking.

So impale goes from a meh RGK in groups to a slightly less meh RGK in groups.

I don’t think they wanted it to overshadow the new set anyway like LoD Hydra overshadowed Typhon’s.

I guess if your legacy HPS is better than the upgrades keep it and continue using it in non-season play. If the damage boost doesn’t help.

In season you would still have to RNG the right stats and just consider the extra multiplier a boon even if it’s 75%