A Barb Response to the Lamentation Nerf

The same thing WW Barb has received for years.

It sucks. :frowning:

1 Like

Giving us the 200% back will not take the take the spotlight off the new sets, if thats that’st Dev are worried about.

2 Likes

Did Blizz screw up and nerf Barbs based off a few botters NS paragon lvl?
Shouldn’t we address the real issue here, and ban the botting accounts first, then we can actually look at the PTR for balance ideas.
Lamentation felt fine in PTR but did not feel as OP coming from a legit top tier player.

1 Like

Well I’m sure there is still legit players that have 8k+ paragons on ns from the multitude of ended seasons stacking paragon on them. Just basing anything from 10k paragon is asinine to me. Majority of players do not have this but because a few do, and they don’t want someone hitting the 150, they have to use them in their calculations.

1 Like

DO NOT REPLY (FEED) THE TROLL. You guys never learn. Shame really.

1 Like

What? Fat?

She’s ready to compete in Nationals, mah dude. Look at her abs. You cray-zee.

@ Pro: Dang, look at my abs. Impressive!

Speaking of Rend, Ulma and I were comparing notes and we both feel that there may be a bug or problem with the new Rend items. Personally, I notice stacked detonations on hard-cast Rends, but not Ambos, and some WW ticks don’t seem to apply Rend at all. I suspect that Ambo Rends may not be stacking with Lamentation, or that Ambos is failing to apply Rends in certain circumstances.

I’ve asked Ulma to record some video testing footage, but I’m asking y’all to do the same. If you’re able, please re-test Lamentation, hard-cast Rends, and Ambo Rends thoroughly. I have to take a day or two away from D3 and don’t have recording software at the moment, but I’ll chip in where and when I can.

Post your results here or in the Barb forum.

2 Likes

Some guy fount out the Fjord Cutter’s 150% does buff all your skills instead of just SS. sVr tested and confirmed it. So basically Rend now has 150% back lol.

Well, not exactly. It forces us into the inferior Mutilate rune, and there are other problems with fitting Fjord into the build. Ulma did some testing with it, and while low 130s are smoother, it still doesn’t give us the juice to do 138.

I’m starting to feel like something is very wrong with some of the Rend items, and I don’t just mean that they’re weak.

1 Like

Are you sure? :wink:

Yes. I also ran it on 138 with Fjord and the damage is atrocious even with an artificial 150% boost.

The presence of one bug doesn’t invalidate the possibility of another.

Please never go into game design.

5 Likes

Thank you for correcting Table Fest 9000. Someone left the gate open and he got out in the yard.

2 Likes

Relative to seismic slam, you posted:

Seismic Slam is not Whirlwind Rend.

You’re talking about two different things.

1 Like

I know that SS and ww/rend are different. I was simply commenting on the ability to clear 138 as a barb.

Personally, I am waiting for darkpatator to push barbarian to see what GR he can clear.

Just to flag for anyone reading thinking this guy’s making a point - all he did is post dissect and remove this passage from the context of the overall post made.

This is the very definition of ‘chit posting’ - i.e., playing an internet forum and not a game. Your post added nothing to this discussion, per the rest of Ulma’s post.

2 Likes

But clearing a 138 with Slam is not the same as clearing 138 with a bugged interaction between Fjord and Whirlwind, which is not intended. The true number for Whirlwind is much lower.

The full context of what you quoted, which you edited out, is:

It’s unfortunate to see you’re still lying to users here just like you did during the PTR.

11 Likes

Lol, she has Type 2 Diabetes :rofl:

1 Like

2.6.7 “Balance”

How OP (sarcasm) Barb are and were in Seasons…

Check it out…

2 Likes

Rend feels really underwhelming now on live.
In NS I expect only few 130+ clears by some dudes with extreme paragon - so kind of pointless to push with this.

For Speedfarming (Bounties, Keys, Gems) I can do better with my Multi DH, WoL Monk, Singularity Necro, Vyr Wiz.

I hope the Dev’s use this chance to revert/rework the nerf considering the amount of positive feedback.

1 Like