90 to 99 experience table

Nobody is forcing you to level up to 99. Why should game be more easy just because you dont have time to play?

3 Likes

Getting to level 99 is end-game stuff and shouldn’t be for everybody.
It is a very hard experience grind since it’s something that you need to invest countless hours into.
Compared to how Diablo 3 is, where you can get to max level within a couple of hours (or the endless paragon level grind, they added for something similar as end-game content)

So I also don’t agree to making it easier to get to level 99 with making a change to experience required.

1 Like

You are honestly not even required to level up above like 92 its just few stats and skill points which will not do such a big difference.

I myself never bothered to level up more than lvl 97.

Honestly only reason to level up to 99 would be for gamble+crafting.

1 Like

I never reached 99 myself and never intend to but I see this as one of the main pillars that make people play the game and I thus believe it should remain the way it is. It is a goal to achieve. Just like equipping your characters with the best items is. Or creating different characters with different skill builds that cannot be changed without second thought. Games nowadays tend to create some sort of rift/endless portal whatever endgame content as the only motivation to keep playing the game… which I personally find boring to no avail as it is about nothing but stat-smashing. Diablo 2 was able to work without that… which is what makes this game so great.
And yes, doing mass baal runs or whatsoever can also be boring but at least it is not as frustating as getting 1-shot in portal #4000.

4 Likes

And not everyone should get to 99. 99 is not something that is supposed to be attainable by everybody. It is supposed to be rare.

If it was made easier to attain, the number of 99s would skyrocket and then it wouldn’t have much significance anymore would it?

1 Like

no. leveling is fine. there’s no rush to get 99, its just a few extra skillpoints. it should be a nice capstone on a character after a bunch of MF’ing to get.

imagine how it was in classic d2 before lod, having to feed diablo kills to a sorc to try to level to 99 as diablo was the best exp. We had a crew 2-3 pk’ers that would join public games, go hostile to everyone and tell them to stay out of diablo sanct, we’d clear up to diablo, spawn him and then have our sorc join the game, kill diablo ungrouped while we stopped people from interfering, then he’d leave game. lol

2 Likes

If anything it should be toned up abit. The grind from 1-99 is easy.

1. I was 28 when this game came out. Not everyone is playing this again as an adult. We were already adults.

2. Just because YOU no longer have time for something does not mean the standards should be changed.

If you no longer have time to get to level 99 then guess what? You no longer get to 99. Don’t dumb an activity down to suit your level of commitment. Instead, accept the fact that you are no longer able to experience certain things that others will.

I no longer have the twitch reflexes to play fighting games with the best of them anymore, but I don’t go crying to game manufacturers to make the combos easier and slow down the action a little bit.

People made it to 99 all the time back then. People still do. It’s just that people like you will no longer be among them, and that is fine.

1 Like

I’d be okay with it, but I don’t really see the point. It’s easier for you to reach 99, but it’s also easier for everyone else.

That being said, it’s a trivial matter for bots, so maybe it would level the playing field a little bit.

Right out of the gate, I’m saying I’ll be level 93, ever, tops.

NO, if anything we need too start out at level 0, and have to gain 2 more levels till 100. Many will try, most of will fail.

So I would keep the experience as it it now, however, making it a 3 months ladder reset will cause problems reaching 99, therefore the table will need to be change.

TLDR; Change exp table if reset is 3months
Don’t change exp table if reset is 6months.

I made 99 alot years ago.

I do not care to invest the time to do that again.

It is easy and fast to get to 90 lvl.

When it begins time intensive you stop at lvl 95.

That is not hard to get to, but after 95/96 it is another whole thing.

I have no desire what so ever to change getting to 99 easy.

That is just plain ridiculous.

no, you’re not supposed to reach 99 if you have a life… i know i have reach 97 before and i think maybe 98 one season… but i never remember reaching 99, and i played for over 10 years.

2 Likes

No one said it should be changed to ‘easy’ I’m not sure why people keep using that word.

The race to 99 should be hard, yes. But it should also be POSSIBLE. No one can hit 99 with a 3 or 4 month ladder. Probably not 98. Probably not even 97. That was the entire core of this discussion.

Not sure why people are having such a hard time seeing this issue.

In less than a month a team of 6 or 7 guys working together every day for 6 hours or so can all hit 99.

Leave the game as is. Otherwise the game is ruined and noone will play it.

Instead it’s that cool game box on your book self that the occasional person asks about that makes your $40 worth while.

Yeah, even in Classic we used to pre-set games for that 95-99 push.

People will definitely be 99 in 3 months LoD.

I do wonder how high the classic ladder will get though. We will see.

I’m curious about the hard core D2 players (not HC or SC), and if they will just keep playing the regular D2 that they are playing right now, after D2R releases?

Perhaps blizzard will scale down the D2 servers world wide after D2R is released.

l love D2, and will have to accept whatever happens.

I talk to a fair number of old schoolers, players that played it to the level of a quite serious gaming-addiction level (I include myself here)

All of them have stated they only intend to play private PvP on the old servers, at least until enough gear is on D2R, and if pvp remains very similar.

I don’t think old d2 will have many Pvm players, I really don’t.

1 Like

Because you are simply wrong.
On the last ladder reset I know a group of 3-4 people who helped eachother and one of them got to level 99 in 18 days entirely on their own. (Nonstop grinding with their friends helping to run Nihlathak/Diablo/Baal nonstop)

No bots, not even bot-ran baal runs. Entirely on their own.
If you are dedicated, efficient, and know the best tactics, it is supremely possible in less than ONE month, let alone 3.

In D2 LOD 1.09 and before or was very easy to get 99. A change was necessary and came with 1.10.

“* Increased the Experience penalty for Character level 70+ as follows: Character level 1 - 69: 100% Experience Character level 70 - 99: 85% - 0.8% Experience (approximately exponential decaying)”

But imho this was exaggerated. Would also wish that in a future patch after release they would tune it down a bit.