90 to 99 experience table

In less than a month a team of 6 or 7 guys working together every day for 6 hours or so can all hit 99.

Leave the game as is. Otherwise the game is ruined and noone will play it.

Instead it’s that cool game box on your book self that the occasional person asks about that makes your $40 worth while.

Yeah, even in Classic we used to pre-set games for that 95-99 push.

People will definitely be 99 in 3 months LoD.

I do wonder how high the classic ladder will get though. We will see.

I’m curious about the hard core D2 players (not HC or SC), and if they will just keep playing the regular D2 that they are playing right now, after D2R releases?

Perhaps blizzard will scale down the D2 servers world wide after D2R is released.

l love D2, and will have to accept whatever happens.

I talk to a fair number of old schoolers, players that played it to the level of a quite serious gaming-addiction level (I include myself here)

All of them have stated they only intend to play private PvP on the old servers, at least until enough gear is on D2R, and if pvp remains very similar.

I don’t think old d2 will have many Pvm players, I really don’t.

1 Like

Because you are simply wrong.
On the last ladder reset I know a group of 3-4 people who helped eachother and one of them got to level 99 in 18 days entirely on their own. (Nonstop grinding with their friends helping to run Nihlathak/Diablo/Baal nonstop)

No bots, not even bot-ran baal runs. Entirely on their own.
If you are dedicated, efficient, and know the best tactics, it is supremely possible in less than ONE month, let alone 3.

In D2 LOD 1.09 and before or was very easy to get 99. A change was necessary and came with 1.10.

“* Increased the Experience penalty for Character level 70+ as follows: Character level 1 - 69: 100% Experience Character level 70 - 99: 85% - 0.8% Experience (approximately exponential decaying)”

But imho this was exaggerated. Would also wish that in a future patch after release they would tune it down a bit.

I am sorry, but people have lives. I’d love to get to 99, but I also have a wife and 3 kids plus deployed. Why should I be punished because of it? I feel like the monsters should be harder and you get more experience from them. Example ubers, getting the body parts the monsters level are 120 and you don’t get any experience from it. Why should Baal runz be better at getting experience than minions that are 20+ levels higher than you are? I feel like there should be a median when it comes to this.

2 Likes

You’re not being punished.

When I play MTGA I don’t feel I’m being punished for not getting 4 of every Mythic every set.

I have kids and a life too, probably will never hit 99 again, but I’ll still have fun @90,95 … XP table is fine.

1 Like

I literally just noticed your account name…pretty sure I just got trolled successfully. Good job.

1 Like

I don’t know …I feel like there are 5 acts and 3 modes (Normal, Nightmare, Hell). Why can’t we just progress 30-35 levels per mode and when you finish all 3 modes you are at level 99 or close to it?

D2 is already an existing game they are just remastering it. 99 Isn’t something everyone can get and that’s okay.

1 Like

I understand they are remastering it, but they can make it where you don’t have to do 4500 Baal runz for 1 level. I am sorry, there are other ways like actually getting experience from ubers. Make hell cows harder. Its not that hard to do. You could change the rate of growth when you hit XX level.

1 Like

The gameplay difference between 99 and 95 are very slim, and only matter in Gg pvp.

If you’re not a top lvl pvp 99 means nothing. If you are, then you won’t care how long 99 takes anyways.

1 Like

Lol. Youre not being punished for anything. There is no downside to not being 99, and no real gains from 92-99.

You simply arent getting spoon-fed what you didn’t earn. And there is a form of recognition for those that do.

“WHY AM I BEING PUNISHED BY NOT BEING GIVEN AN ENIGMA, AND GRIFFONS WHEN I MAKE A ZON AND BEAT BAAL?” I DONT HAVE TIME TO GRIND! GRR"

1 Like

Then maybe if you cant play game frequently enough, it is not for you. You are not punished by game.

Also you dont need 99.

1 Like

it is fine the way it is
i am turning 51 soon
have 4 kids
work on average 50 hours a week
usually like 6am-4pm 5 days a week
and watch my grand son 5 days a week, i pick him up after work
then drop him off on the way to work

i dont sleep alot
maybe 5-6 hours a day

and i still will hit 99 the first season
because thats what i want to do

other people will choose other things and spend more time doing other things
and not hit 99
and thats ok also

3 Likes

Nope, 99 Is supposed to be prestigious, not something that you can casually grind

no thank you :slight_smile: its a grind game^^ so…lets grind a little bit ^^

you have 4 kids and still time to play? Holy cow :smiley:

Sorry but, no because hardcore 99 reward is a softcore character in hardcore. Also just because you don’t have time does not mean it should be changed. Lvl99 should take stupid time because it is not required for anything. Lvl 93 is the highest you need to go for crafting and gambling.

Gambling is actually 95, imbue is 94. But yeah 99 is only really useful in melee pvp.

2 Likes