90% of D3 Endgame is just Leveling Gems

“It’s all 'bout the money! All 'bout the dum dum dum dum dum…
I think we got it all wrong anyway…”

/Meja

i don’t:
-it’s just giving the game features, like fun mobblasting, a goal, np.

the forté of D3 is having an endless mobblasting endgame for me.
-the goals are gone, ‘walking the road stays fun and becomes the goal’. :statue_of_liberty:

Having a game with depth allows players to decide how deep they want to go whereas having a shallow game means there’s nothing there for players that want to go deep.

3 Likes

we have: the campaign.

skip adventure mode. :statue_of_liberty:

Here’s the best player in the world at Skip Adventure.

Which doesn’t really have that much depth to it either. Also, I believe that people want more depth in character building and meaningful game activity, which Diablo 3 doesn’t have much of in either adventure or campaign.

Or provide more depth.

with MP boosting and metabuilds, we will never have any depth, challenge-wise.
-np for Solo players, like me. :statue_of_liberty:

If you don’t have enemies scale properly with the number of players, then sure there won’t be a challenge. But if you do, then you can provide challenge to both solo players and multiplayer, which is how it should be.

Regardless even if Diablo 4 has proper depth and challenge, you can still play it like a mob blaster at lower difficulty contents; while players wanting challenge and depth can play at the appropriate difficulty.

A win for both sides honestly.

yes and that is the current D3 T and GR system i like:
-in Normal mode, all content is there to beat at an optional level. :statue_of_liberty:

I’m sorry to inform you that it doesn’t look like the torment difficulty slider will make a return in Diablo 4. Regarding GR, there will be the Key dungeons amongst other dungeons, but no clue on if their similar to greater rifts.

i wonder what will be the endgame then, in D4;
-atm, in D3, for me, it’s arcade mobblasting.
-maybe there’s intent to make D4 short but extendable and with MTX. :statue_of_liberty:

Who’s to say?
I’m guessing mtx will mostly be cosmetics with some other things like stash space. Adding to game content would likely be done via free updates, dlcs, and expansions.

after reading that console-couch gameplay will get attention, i fear the worst.
-but D3 will still be there, if the marketeers let it. :statue_of_liberty:

Lol.

So who has been determining that it’s been fun for the players? Just because ppl still play doesn’t mean that it reflects a consensus.

A new season recently equates out to:

• try new build
  • play for primals
  • run it next season for better pieces or augment off-season

Otherwise, you’re here trying to figure out wtf is going on.

1 Like

Since you have started a “Complain” post, you should know “Complain” is also a Endgame of D3.

Oh, another Endgame is “D2 vs D3 discussion”. :slight_smile:

Diablo 3 has plenty of game modes. The problem is all except one of them are so unrewarding they’re counterproductive to play.

2 Likes

You don’t need great gear to PvP grief players. You can do that with Tal Rasha if you wanted, because 90%+ of PvE players will get too scared to fight back.

You do want to farm up good gear to PvP DUEL however. When you are fighting another PvP dueler, you need every little advantage you can get.

Also, merchanting and building wealth is a viable end game for many MMORPG games, like RuneScape lol. If it’s not your cup of tea, you don’t have to do it, but it’s one of the options you have in D2 that you don’t have in D3.

D3 has new potential with each new season. IIRC some kind of “infinite dungeon” was a popular request; I’m guessing what most had in mind was a place where monsters get endlessly stronger until you get inevitably overrun.

Holy cow… another Necromancer.

2 Likes

Oh !@#$.

What else might be good is to make a menu to access previous seasons, or maybe a way to play with certain parameters like a “D3 workshop” if there’s not too many complications apart from a new UI or something. And “workshop heroes” are separated from the non-user defined characters obviously.