90% of D3 Endgame is just Leveling Gems

Already seen more than enough gear and skills to know your one button, one build though is not even remotely close to reality.

1 Like

That depends. If all skills are. Item DPs * main stat… Then it is.

DPs?

Look I’ve already made like six Barb builds just based on the skills alone. Not one is a sparm one button build like my templar in PoE.

To be honest, I am surprised you even bother to augment your ancients. You don’t need to do that anymore to get to GR 100. Now if you want to climb the GR 100 ladder, say GR 120+, that is a different story.

D3 has main stat, armor, and resist stat too.

As I remembered, you need to use one button to build up your momentum, one button to use strafe, one button for each defensive, and one button for utility. How is that one build one button again? In fact, you can’t even Strafe all the way thru anything with one button. You are being disingenuous here.

Also, let’s ignore that Diablo 3 also has more than 1 build that good in different situations. For example, ZDPS DH for a moment.

Then why do people bot in D2 then since it doesn’t have Weapon*hours played =damage?

3 Likes

To be fair doing rifts at or near to the max level can handle all the time is a horrible way to progress your levels and gear. I think a good middle ground is setting up a second character once the first one can speed farm T16 and 80ish GR’s and then constantly push with the second one that you basically self boost with the high level XP and gems and bloodshards.

Left click every few seconds to keep up stacks (and paying attention to when stacks drop), 1 to activate shadow power constantly so you don’t die, 2 to get that discipline up with preparation, 3 for Companion and 4 for Vengeance when they are off cooldown or you got your nice pull going. Sure it is not the most intricate build but it is more intricate than WhirlRend Barb (Spam Rend and buffs and whatever your damage reduction is and higher levels that many people don’t even reach chain to pull), Frenzy Barb and on par with many others I believe.

Although more intricate builds would be great.

i have suggest creating some super rare item to make farming more rewarding.

Technically, lvling gems is a tiny fraction compared to key farming and climbing leaderboards. Infinite scaling and rng needs to be met with something in order to reach objectives and goals. Most assume that it is botting.

Is it still debatable? I’d like to appreciate the money, time & business I put into D3.

Theoretically the term endgame is more often applied to games like chess. In D3, also theoretically, the endgame is where you kill Malthael in campaign mode.
Adventure mode I believe has no real endgame. I do not think it was ever intended to.

If you mean the constant repetitive grind of levelling it is an open-ended game. If I was to suggest an endgame in adventure mode, then it would be every single quest and achievement completed, every gem to 150, perfect rolls on every piece of gear also imbued to 150 and every character in your login has beaten GR150.
I am not even sure that is possible unless the player has a minimum of 10K paragons and even then, perfect rolls and perfect stats (not near perfect) on every character is some feat.

It just wasn’t but considering they were picking up a lot of pieces from the mess that D3 vanilla was and attempting to understand how to make an ARPG AFTER the game had released I can say its not too bad considering. But yes that’s really the end game is just arbitrary number grinding, there’s no excitement in finding an item you don’t actually have because the items themselves drop 10 times over within a few days of farming so the “depth” in “item hunting” they gave us is they just make everyone grind for a better stat’d version of that item which to an extent yes D2 had variability in its elite uniques stats but it was not as volatile as D3’s which just inflate s item progression more than D2. There’s no “holy grail” items to find in D3 like there are in D2 as far as items that are extremely rare such as deaths web, tyraels might, mang songs etc, jah rune ber rune.

I think D3 is the mistake that had to happen in order for D4 to be the game that truly delivers a very in depth experience and vast world for us to explore. I think they’ll have a lot of fresh ideas to make an end game better than D2 or D3’s.

You know exactly what is meant for endgame. It has been a term in video games regarding post leveling, or post final boss activities for over 2 decades now.

The more power has crept, the bigger part of D3 has become a braindead chore. I didn’t mind this endgame so much when solo GR 60-70 was a fair achievement.

5 Likes

It’s not about just Bosses in Diablo II.

It is about farming lvl 85 maps or areas.

https://www.reddit.com/r/slashdiablo/comments/2c3n0t/list_of_alvl_85_areas/

1 Like

I hear what you are saying, but the thing is ‘endgame’ has been in Chess and other more timeless games for over a Century and still will be when Diablo has faded into obscurity in another century’s time. And no, I know no other accurate meaning because my life does not revolve around video games even though I purchased D1 and D2 when they were released…

Yeah, as Shivan said D2 is not about farming the bosses for the “end game”. Farming bosses is really the “mid game”. As a player moves towards end game farming, more emphasis is on killing speed than stacking magic find. This is how D2 finds its balance between magic find with killing power/speed since runes are not affected by magic find, so magic find becomes less important towards end game farming since runewords are technically “end game” items. This means that boss farming is not ideal and that farming high level mob areas is instead.

1 Like

Yeah I agree. For a whole lot of easier GR’s you are doing it for items and XP and just the idea of doing GR’s as well, combined with gem levels. Getting those ones you don’t need for the build, leveling the ones you want as far as they can with your current GR level and then even after that you don’t only do the GR’s to level until a bit later on. Heck even now that I spent tons of time leveling 12 gems to 100 just for augmenting I am also doing it for XP and gear. Those speed 100ish GR’s give significant XP when you are around 1 000 and you tend to need the shards and drops for gear before augments are the next big thing.

In other words GR’s where basically the only reason is for augments are a significant amount of hours into the character.

2 big differences.
D2 has a questing line, which is fun, unless youre playing online and a group member is way better geared or overgeared, ruining the content you paid for and are willing to spend your free time on. D3 doesnt even have a quest line, it’s forgettable as is so it minus well not be there.

D2 is about farming rare items, some very, very, very rare items.
Addiction or not, it’s what the LT plan for the game is.
D3 doesnt have very very very rare and different items, so there is nothing to chase that’s different, except butterfly wings, a cosmetic. Let alone a cool environment like D2’s, to hunt for those items, with engaging combat, instead of affix-battling combat only, and so on.

So D2 isnt about bland grinding, you’re hunting for those rare items, the whole time. Not in a random rift simulator either. It’s completely different, even tho on paper it can sound like they’re somewhat the same, when they’re not. Random elites, not bosses, can drop the hardest to find items. A very, very, very common miscon about D2 is it’s about boss farming, when it’s about area farming. Boss farm is just there for the min/maxers who want exp, and yes, boosting exp in groups to encourage baal chaos repeats in groups is one of d2’s problems, and D3 just made that the entire endgame unfortunately. Youtube a metabuild bro n grind goups? Ewww sounds like a “ok we have to encourage group play people want to play in groups” mindset, pretty 2012 or so. They think ppl love meta groups. That was cool for like a 1/2 month.

And that grind is just boring, tedious… I can tolerate grinds but this kind of grinds? But since everyone knows that d3 has no further development of content it’s all there is now.

D3 has no endgame content, gems grind isnt something worth to becalled "endgame " and “content” in the same sentence.

1 Like

and ironically, as you keep leveling your gems you can do higher difficulty GR. but the difficulty isnt actually higher, its about the same difficulty as before only now the numbers on your gems and paragon level is a bit higher.
you grind more to allow yourself to clear higher GR, and grind some more gem and paragon levels, then clear next level GR to grind more gem levels.

its like they designed the system to make you think you arent doing the exact thing over and over, cause after all you can manage higher and higher difficulty. but in reality its just a rise and repeat with a few numbers changing as you go up.

2 Likes