3 Shared stash tabs is terrible decision

Honestly? I dont really like it and I think devs kind of missunderstood what players wanted and this decision will only support creating more mule characters or possibly force people to buy alt account for more mules. Decision to make 1 normal stash + 3 shared stash is not good at all and I will explain why.

We dont need 3 shared tabs, we need 3+ normal tabs per character and then we can talk about how many shared ones there will be.

Under current update you have 1 personal stash + 3 shared tabs. So if you have 2 characters you have 2+3 tabs to store items. If you have 10 characters, you will have 10+3 tabs of space. 3 shared stash tab space is basicly just 3 mule characters. Thats not enough.

Now imagine character will have 3 personal tabs+1 shared. If you have 4 characters you will have 4x3 +4 tabs of space so 16, more space than with 10! characters under current update.

So yeah with this decisions we will have mule characters or mule accounts again and since new accounts arent free anymore…

50 Likes

This is worrying, unless they announce we get like 40 character slots.

I want to know character limit before I get to annoyed by only 3 tabs.

18 Likes

I think it will be 18 character slots.

2 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly, but at least they’re listening in the first place. Might be able to get something out of this during beta or shortly after launch. But the fact they even listened is a good sign they’re willing to try things.

7 Likes

They maybe listened but they dont understand issue of mulling obviously since they made this decision.

7 Likes

I’m def happy with the change, but the stash limits in general don’t make much sense. The only reason I can think of to limit stash space is to prevent bots from stashing everything on one character, but then again…stash limits have never stopped botters in the past anyway. And clearly, stash limits have never prevented any player from holding as many items as they want - it just made it harder to transfer and store items across multiple accounts.

It makes no sense to limit stash space, at all, for legit players.

9 Likes

I think they under estimated how much people have muling accounts.

But, if we have a zillion character slots then I think tehy get it. With no need for unique names, everyone will have Sword Mule, Shield Mule, etc.

4 Likes

Why tho? They only gave you 3 mule characters basicly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Because today we have 48 stash slots and NO shared stash…

100 slots in the main stash and 300 slots in shared is plenty to store the core items for a single character. However, if there is no shared stash in single player, then it’s still not enough. It’s basically impossible to build multiple Sets in SP with the current stash, and would still be very difficult with just 100 slots.

1 Like

Well rip , with this design decision, we will be forced to buy more account if we want to story items.

2 Likes

Indeed, but it’s still early, so we’ll see if the feedback at beta/launch will help lead them in the right direction. For now, we can at least revel in the fact that they care. :grin:

3 Likes

Yeah I’d like to see a few regular stash tabs also. Otherwise they better have a high limit of characters on an account.

9 Likes

Why 48? YOu can make 48 characters on one account?

Except for a few more slots in each characters stash and 3 extra tabs per account nothing has changed with character saves since the original game, they are still very small, especially compared to how much cheaper storage space has become.

I see no reason we can’t all get plenty of character slots, hopefully Blizzard sees it the same way.

1 Like

I don’t imagine there are many items I need to stash between characters, so three sounds good to me.

3 Likes

Who’s to say they don’t add additional shared tabs and/or character slots later on? Just because a game releases with x slots or x tabs doesn’t mean it’s set in stone, done, never will change. Lets not jump the gun here.

Have you never played D2? A D2 character has 48 stash slots…

Not tabs - slots

1 Like

You didnt get it, I dont need more shared ones, even one would be enough. I want more normal ones.

7 Likes

and this will be the case for many a people. Then there’s people like me - and there’s a LOT of us, haha - that like to just store every single individual unique item we find, 1 of each. Grailer glory!

5 Likes

The vast majority of players keep all runes, gems, many uniques, jewelry, set items, etc. 300 slots shared will fill up fast for most people.

6 Likes