We NEED gameplay / balance changes. Here is Why

Also, you made a big point of the 45 likes for this post. Do you know what actually Chris Lena said? He said balance changes would be possible if the players want them He never said that. Since you like proof, here you go

Direct quote from:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-2-resurrected/alpha-release-date
Chris Lena is the lead producer of D2R.

OR

Direct quote from
https://www.vg247.com/2021/03/02/diablo-2-resurrected-two-alpha-tests/

OR

Direct quote from

3 Likes

The numbers are different now. As I said, likes are not an appropriate measure to gauge popularity, especially when likes were given for a post where the comments of Chris Lena was misquoted.

3 Likes

Well Alpha is over and considering the latest update it seemed like the feedback was adding an ingame clock and a bigger shared stash.

These are great gameplay changes IMO for everyone - since i haven´t seen a single post of anyone being against these changes.

You must have been sleeping then. Zax immediately started a thread same day as announcement calling it a mistake, and there is a group of players saying it should be 3 personal and 1 shared.

4 Likes

Hes not against more then 1 stash tabs. He just wants them alotted differently. So I wouldnt say hes against improving the stash. He just thinks you should improve it differently.

3 Likes

The thread that TanisGunther refers to is:

3 Shared stash tabs is terrible decision - Diablo II: Resurrected / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

Ironically, the first post in that thread has 37 likes. Again, likes is a suboptimal metric to determine players viewpoints.

3 Likes

He is still against the change as it was presented, which leads to Tuzz’s incorrect statement of no complaints to the change.

1 Like

What Luap said - they are not pro a smaller tab, just a little different change.

But it shows again - its so hard to please everyone with a change, so better keep it simple and avoid them as much as possible.

1 Like

thats not really accurate dude. He doesnt want No Changes to the stash. He wants it improved differently. Thats not the same has hes not wanting stash changes. Your being dishonest here man.

2 Likes

Actually, Zax’s post is explicitly not to increase the size of the shared stash. He wants more personal stash tabs. What TanisGunther said is correct that there were complaints about the implementation of additional shared stash tabs.

2 Likes

It is completely accurate.

Blizzard: Announces 3 shared stash.
Tuzz: Well Alpha is over and considering the latest update it seemed like the feedback was adding an ingame clock and a bigger shared stash.

These are great gameplay changes IMO for everyone - since i haven´t seen a single post of anyone being against these changes.
Zax same day as Blizzard announcement: 3 shared stash is a mistake!

Doesn’t matter if Zax is only against the allocation and not bigger stash, there was still a complaint, hence invalidating the response of Tuzz “seen no complaints”

2 Likes

I will admit however, it is a bit of a jerk response, which I do apologize for the sarcastic jibe (since this is an issue on semantics). But, I did pose the question above to Tuzz if they had actually read through the results of the reddit survey, and posted to another survey. I feel that there is a distinct ignoring of anything that is contrary to the no changer’s beliefs. Does this prove that changes are going to happen? No, however it shows there is strong desire within the community and the devs have heard it and may potentially act on it in the future. They are already listening now.

1 Like

I would like to clarify it here. In old D2 battle net, we had unlimited space because we could create multiple accounts just for mules. Not only i wanted to avoid mule accounts but i fear that there will be limit on how many chars you can create. This will lead to presure on % of player base who were players like me, players who had a lot of stuff to store and played both sc and hc. Or even non ladder on top of that.

Since we will not be able to create more accounts for free and every new account will cost 40 bucks, i want to see as much space as possible on each character.

Keep in mind that i am not against shared tabs. I dont exactly think we need 3 of them, but that wasnt my point. If they would make 50 shared tabs, i would be happy with it as it greatly increase space and basicly count as 50 chars of space.

But since we are having only 3 shared tabs and one personal, it count as like 3 mule chars. Not only we will be forced to make more mules again, but there is real danger that space will be very limited with chat limit with this setup.

That is why i want more personal tabs. And any +personal tab is far more important than shared tab. So if they are willing to give us just limited number of tabs on char screen, i preferably want 3 personal(equivalent of 3 mules) and one shared.

One more thing, i am aware that some people argue against shared tabs for different reason and i understand that. It will virtualy makes for example hc slightly more easier as you can immediately store items in shared stash and also keep anything safe for switching in there. You could not do that without risk of losing gear in diablo 2.

That being said my issue is mostly related to space, i want to more space to avoid muling and using alt accounts.

2 Likes

I think people understood your issue. I don’t agree, but understand. The issue that dragged your name was really of semantics.

2 Likes

Just because D2 is great game, it doesnt mean its perfect, its far from it as it has some ancient features, many bugs and design flaws. Just druid and assassin feel unfinished as they rushed the expansion.

I strongly agree with OP and this is unique opportunity to make D2 a lot better as it deserve it. People are just too afraid of change. I dont see it that way, if VV will communicate with community more many changes can be implemented and even new content added.

I still disagree with op on this:

I think its actualy opposite, i think its mostly people who played game the longest who understand its problems and know what is flawed and need improving. Most of them. And its people who stopped playing ages ago who want to keep it original as possible because thats what they remember. I dont believe they will even stay long again? Like why they should? They left before also years ago and game will most likely be the same. Nobody leaves game for graphic. These purist didnt even play enough to understand how many issues D2 has still even while being great game.

I dont need that much for release, but i expect to see more important changes after first season, not changing core of the game and progress in game, thats virtualy perfect. But i want to see new items locations to farm, changes to skills, bug fixing…

2 Likes

I dont think people even need to be long term players to understand storing loot in a loot game is important lol.

Frankly, I dont see why anyone would not want to be able to store their items.

I am all for more person tabs and I think they should be added, if we dont have enough character slots.

I think the current shown systems fine, if we have hundreds or unlimited character slots available.

But if they are going to only allow us like 20 character slots. Oh boy, Give me more personal tabs Right Now! I wouldnt have room for mules, let alone characters for Sc-Nl, Sc-L, Hc-Nl, Hc-L and Classic. And needing mules for those game mode ranges. Ugh.

I just hope we have a Huge amount of character slots.

1 Like

Exsqueeze me?

I totally left D2 because those graphics became a bit of an eyestrain. I dont want to play legacy because of graphics and network. I am certain there are untold hordes of old D2 fans turned away by its jagged countenance… its roughly pixelated visage… and who look on these new vfx hungrily.

1 Like

I’d say exactly the opposite.
Those new shiny ubiquitous 3D graphics make me leave a game (not just D2R). It causes me eyestrain (or actually “brainstrain”) when I have to differentiate, say, particles from actual missiles or where the explosion range ends from the visual effect (the latter is almost always exaggerated). Dynamic shadows in D2R will only be a distraction. 3D models, which replaced familiar 2D sprites will not make sorting loot easier.
Simple is better than complex.

Don’t say people are dodging when you haven’t responded to my very logical and upvoted post above.

Pot calling kettle.

Back to thread - balance changes.

None of the people who are asking for changes want to change the core gameplay of the game. We are not asking Blizzard to remove an Act, or completely nerf Hammers. We want all that stuff to stay.

Just additions to gameplay would be nice. Corruption mechanic, rune stacking, end-game maps with slightly higher drop rates, buff to underpowered skills. Hell, maybe even a new class.

5 Likes