3 Shared stash tabs is terrible decision

But we didnt talk about stash slots… this is about stash tabs vs number of character per account.

2 Likes

I am thrilled we got Shared stash tab at all. Then they tripled it. I am good with that. I had not expected anything at all, so I really have no reason to complain. This is way better than standard D2.

If feasible, who knows, they might add more down the road.

Still curious how many char slots per game license we get. Right now it is one license per Bnet account as well, so a person would need a second Bnet and second license for a mule account and that mule could not use the shared stash from the other account, of course.

17 Likes

Yea, duh, and today there are only 48 slots per character. The changes they are proposing allow 100 per character, plus 300 shared. Today there are only 384 slots per account. This is WAY less than the D2:R changes (1100 per 8 chars). You asked why I’m happy about the changes? This is why.

1 Like

yeah, like I have said, I really want to know character slots per game license before I get annoyed about anything with stash. 3 double sized stash sized are pretty descent specially compared to normal D2 closed Bnet.

I hope we get an answer before the beta about character slot total.

2 Likes

Well I am definitely not, I dont want shared tabs instead of normal ones because it removes additional space on characters. One shared stash would be completely enough.

8 Likes

Its not enough, even 2 normal+2 shared would be a lot better instead of 1+3

4 Likes

Wait - just so i understand - there are only THREE shared stash tabs. And there IS a limit on the characters you can make?

This should be close to infinite in the first place. Otherwise muling is just better.

This sounds like an incredibly bad decision - i can’t tell if its done to make people buy more copies if true.

2 Likes

you know, I think 2personal+2shared for stashes would be nice. Good idea.

I think the danger of people forgetting to check their 2nd and 3rd tab before deleting a character is real.

I would prefer 1 per char with like 20 shared. Or unlimited. Yeah, unlimited.

But yeah, I believe 1 per char is better design, for the accidental deletion problem.

Well that was my thought too sadly. I fear it might be the case.

No, its not better than standard d2. In d2, you can do infinite accounts, so infinite space. And thats in battlenet.

4 Likes

Exactly. I dont even honestly udnerstand why would anyone need more than 1-2 shared tabs.

4 Likes

Okay on actually reading the latest article - three shared stash tabs is fine(ish) - its plenty of space. Obviously more shared space is better.

Where it becomes an issue is if you don’t have the ability to make infinite characters for additional space. If there is a cap on what you can make - that shared stash space will become regular storage - and it won’t ever be enough.

This will almost certainly become an issue on non-ladder.

4 Likes

I think the devs should grab an intern off a coffee run, have them figure out how much storage is required to complete a grail of uniques, sets, runes twice (SC/HC) then enough for item bases, rares, gems…and then determine the character limit off of that. I think there are around 500 or so set/uniques, so that’s about 30-35 mules off the bat. Now add 2-3 for gems and runes, 2-3 for item bases, 2-3 for rares, 2-3 for miscellaneous…a 50 character limit would be a good start I think. Still not enough for collector’s, but it’s something. And that’s the same limit WoW has, so there is precedent there.

7 Likes

As I have said in the other topic:
Honestly I dont mind 1 stash per character (more is NOT needed at all).
What IS needed is more shared stash, like 15 at the minimum.

I understand that there would be a limit cause servers and that, but three definitely is way way short, not even the minimum standard for the average player in a game like diablo2, if you plan on playingmore than 1 character after finishing the game.

I would even accept an option of buying more stash for real money (like in PoE), something like 10 more shared tabs for 5-10$? Im for it, I dont mind, call me crazy but it would be a nice option and you can monetize, you provide decent amount of 10 for everyone and then extra for collectors if you want to pay for that.

The other option we wil lalways have is buying another account, which I dont mind for the price, but rather for commodity. Would be a pain open 2 pcs, and dividing things, etc. A big shared stash would be awesome.

Learn from Path of Exile. A huge part of their success is the trading, like it was in diablo2. And the insane amount of stashes you can have in both games. Please don’t make the worst mistake you can do and listen to our feedback.

If you wont do it we wont have other option rather than buying more games. And it looks like a milky thing honestly.

1 Like

I always remind myself, D2 does not have that space. D2/LoD has ONE personal tab. That is it. There is nothing to remove.

They gave us 1 personal + 3 shared. That is more than the 1 single tab we would get if they made no changes.

4 Likes

This is not true tho, you can have unlimited space in d2 with free account with just one cd-key.

It is true - there is one stash tab per character. You want more than one stash tab per char.

My point is they did not take away the personal stash space from your char AND they added 3 shared.

Yes, with one key you could make unlimited old Bnet 1 accounts each with a slew of mules. That meant you could mule forever, but each mule still was limited to one tab.

I am curious to see what, if any, char limit we have for D2R per game license. That is going to make all the difference in the world.

Rather than complain that they did not change the 1 personal tab per char, maybe be concerned about how many char slots we get?

12 Likes

I’m convinced that until Blizzard gives the equivalent of what Plugy gives to single player, there will always be complaints about limited stash space.

9 Likes

I am on the tell me character slot number train as I see that as a more important issue.

I wana do Sc, Hc, Non Ladder, Ladder, Classic Sc, Classic Hc. I want to know how many character slots I have, other wise I might have to drop some areas of the game I want to have characters in.

3 Likes