28 Changes In D2: Resurrected [+More Post-Launch]

i am starting to think you are just trolling… the additional ways to respec is absoluterly horrifying
charm inventory and advanced spell bar for keyboard jebus christ

dramatic much? You probably assume they automatically mean unlimited respecs like D3, when in reality they just mean a few more. Having only 1 per difficulty really scews over new people to the game. I personally think they should add a couple more respecs to normal, but keep NM-Hell the same with just 1.

this is an awesome change. im so sick of charms taking up all the space and not being able to pick up anything. It was a dumb system to begin with.

? this doesn’t effect you at all in any negative way. The keyboard and mouse SHOULD have an actual skill bar JUST like the controller does. It makes the game play so much better.

2 Likes

TCP/IP again was a great way for players that want to play mods in multiplayer.

The issue with taking out TCP/IP is this gives hackers a reason to reverse engineer the Battle.Net API to create rogue servers for multiplayer mods; knock on effects being other types of hacks being developed a long the way that will hurt gameplay for others.

This… isn’t going to happen. lol. And if anyone successfully creates one, itll be instantly taken down and the hackers sued into oblivion. Blizzard ignored a couple private servers in the past, but then they took down the WoW servers and now they aren’t going to support any for D2. So no, there won’t be private servers by hackers somehow messing with the main game lol.

1 Like

Battle.net is only a match making service(put players in games hosted by players). WoW servers deliver a lot more then matchmaking(gameplay logic, etc). Comparing the two different types of servers is just apples and oranges.

Your delusional if you think giving hackers one more reason to create a emulator is a good idea.

That’s why I think they need to put back TCP/IP.

guys do we have any info regarding the mana burn bug, if it will be fixed or not? I am talking about the mana burn that does 255x damage. cheers.

it really isn’t. Its an illegal server that can easily be taken down.

they have less incentive to mod or hack anything without TCP/IP. not more. Hackers are gonna hack either way. removing TCP/IP made it harder, not easier. lol

No confirmation, but considering they fixed major bugs like the WSG and Ebug, im 100% positive they will fix that bug as well as many other annoying ones.

1 Like

How do you figure that one? Care to elaborate?

Are you pretending to be ignorant or something to keep this pointless conversation going?

+Blizzard removed TCP/IP… for security reasons. aka hacking.
+the entire modding community is saying mods are DOA due to TCP/IP removal.
+blizzard has sent cease & desist letters to hackers for the Alpha, implying they will do the same to anyone trying to emulate the game.
= less incentive to mod/hack

What exactly isn’t clear enough here?

1 Like
  1. Blizzard removed TCP/IP for piracy reasons. If you crack the battle.net out of D2R, you get singleplayer only, rather then singleplayer and multiplayer. That’s the reason.
  2. Yes the mod community is complaining because they removed TCP/IP, which furthers my point above.
  3. Blizzard has been sending C&D’s out to individuals for years across multiple games, multiple different teams developing hacks, and yet it still continues.

I don’t see your point here. None of what you said points to hackers just packing up shop and walking away.

Removing TCP/IP gives hackers yet another reason to want to reverse engineer the game to add back in a feature that was removed by Blizzard for piracy reasons.

1 Like

there are people on youtube playing d2r with lvl 99 chars on hell.
from that point to a private server mod there’s very little distance to cover.
mods will be fine, even without tcp/ip or official support, even if it takes years to get them going, they will be fine. relax.

All of what i said points to hackers having less incentive. Which is the argument here. Hackers will always try to hack. Removing TCP/IP and standing firm on piracy significantly reduces potential hackers because most won’t risk it, some always do. Can’t stop them all.

No. it doesn’t. Just because you say it does, doesn’t automatically make it reality. Hackers won’t have any direct effect on peoples gameplay any more than they would’ve with TCP/IP still in tact. They have less incentive to hack now, so thats good.

1 Like

People that reverse engineer games like to solve and crack problems. Your argument assumes people who are smart have wisdom; that is very seldom the case.

This is the most vague nothing-argument i’ve ever heard about anything in these forums. bravo. lol.

My argument assumes a billion dollar company threatening lawsuits as well as taking out an obvious security risk will lower the risk of hacks and piracy. This is a very safe assumption because people don’t want to get sued and it’ll make it harder. So only the most skilled and the most stupid would even attempt it. Not sure why you think the opposite is true, its not.

Are you just extra mad about TCP/IP removal because you wanted mods and are trying to invent an argument to support bringing it back? Because i agree they should bring it back. im just pointing out why they did what they did.

1 Like

Then you are delusional my friend; and no amount of logical retort will change your belief.

In my opinion, removing TCP/IP will create a demand for emulators, noble efforts by the community to provide a mechanism for multiplayer mods, will have knock on effects and expose security flaws in the network pipeline for people with no life to ruin the D2R experience for others. People with that much intelligence, have no wisdom, and aren’t thinking or caring about a lawsuit.

I’m not your friend, buddy. :smirk:

unfounded opinion based on very weird assumptions. but sure man. :+1:

Those emulators will be taken down very shortly after they come up. If you think them being hosted in a “non extraditing country” helps, it doesn’t. Activision is owned by China and blizzard is an american subsidiary, meaning both the Chinese government as well as the US government can put pressure on any country hosting those hackers and force them to make an exception. Its been done many times in the past when hackers pirate the wrong thing and think they are safe in another country.

1 Like

How many games of legal whack-a-mole happen before Blizzard moves on and only cares about Diablo 4?

It’s just easier to put back TCP/IP, accept some percent of piracy hit, and move on to D4.

1 Like

hmm. True. Hope they do man. Hackers ruin everything.

PS Ill probably ironically drop D2R like a bad habit when D4 comes out and then also stop caring. :laughing: :joy: (shhh don’t tell the purists)

2 Likes

if that is the only reason for them taking out tcp/ip maybe but i am not so sure that’s the only reason.

1 Like

TCP/IP is not a magical different game flow, its basically the same as joining through battle net, just you supply the hosts ip and your character isn’t stored on the cloud. It’s not a magically different game flow. So yeah anti-piracy is the only reason.