2.7.5 PTR Notes are up

Here they are, I’m just about to start reading, I’ll put any notes I have in this thread.

Haha, ok!

Notes for Barbs:

Barbarian

• Horde of the Ninety Savages (6-piece bonus):
    • Frenzy deals 1,000% increased damage per stack.
    • Frenzy deals 2,000% increased damage per stack.

That’s it.

But, that is certainly a positive change for Frenzy. On the “adjusted clear” board, we’ve currently got H90 Frenzy at 143.5 peak / 141.2 average of top 10. So with the doubled damage, those numbers would move up to 147.9 and 145.6. That’ll put the build just below Wastes Rend and IK HotA, though it could make up the remaining distance if more people start playing it.

This buff is probably not enough to make Frenzy a compelling RGK, especially since the build has significant problems with bosses who spawn adds. If they did want to make Frenzy a bit more competitive as an RGK, they could push the bonus up to 2500%, which would give about 2 more tiers of damage. That would probably make the build about even with Arachyr as an RGK- it would probably be a hair better at killing single targets, while still being considerably worse vs bosses with adds. In terms of solo pushing, 2 more tiers of damage would take those numbers to 149.9 and 147.8, which would make Frenzy the 2nd best Barb build, just a hair above LoD HotA.

Sadly, my beloved MOTE is now going to be unchallenged for “worst Barb set”.

4 Likes

Nice to see frenzy get something. It would be interesting if they made a change to one of the stacker legendaries, though, to add +5 stacks. Or both, to get +10.

I think the only item that adds stacks to Frenzy is Bastion’s Revered. And sure, if they wanted to add a bit more damage still, increasing the stack limit on Bastion’s would be a fine way to do it.

Yeah, I think you’re right. For some reason, I had in my head that the Undisputed Champion added stacks. It does not.

Many thanks for the maths, Rage!

1 Like

Yep, just gives all runes.

Still waiting for that extra 50% to get added back to Lamentation . . .

7 Likes

I have some crazy sick savages gear. I never really played it because it hit like a wet noodle. Lookin forward to the patch going live and pushing it before the season starts.

The greatest challenge of playing frenzybarb is staying awake while holding down the frenzy button for minutes on end. I suppose you also have to keep up BOM with charge.

Kind of like WW. I have literally fallen asleep running a rift, just to wake up drooling with a dead character. :drooling_face:

Umm can I stand in your line to wait? Oh wait I am already in this line.

So with my ability to farm gear efficiently I can honestly say I will utterly abuse
this primal crafting crap. I will be in perfect gear in a month. Gonna post some
very fun speeds for this theme.

No you won’t, if the board rumors are true and you can only equip one crafted Primal.

If they are not true, then yay, I guess. Seems silly to require a bunch of Ash and then have several powers unlock by spending them, especially if, like me, you’re lucky to get 2 or three Primals to drop in a season.

You obviously don’t know me and my play so id politely say you are very wrong.

Really 2 or 3 primals? This is where I point out I currently have 10 perfect primals on my push build alone in season 27. With the other 3 slot basically being perfect ancients. On top of that I have 14k bounty mats I have yet to use to complete the set. Doing some quick math I would say Ive found around 500 primals this season alone.

Good for you.

It is not, specifically, abut you.

But, I am not impressed. In fact, it saddens me you have so much Diablo 3.

Then don’t say

I was posting about what I can do with the season theme

Kind of underwelming changes for barbarian. Meanwhile demon hunters get a lot of changes.

Not necessarily good changes tho, other than UE of course.

WHAT? they reworked the Natalya into a entirelly new build! i wanted to play my last diablo 3 season with my beloved barbarian, the VERY SAME barbarian that i made when i bought the game in 2012, the same that i rebirth into a lot of seasons… but after this changes, i think im going DH for sure… i mean… 2000% on the savage set? thats it? thats pure BS to me…

It ain’t a rumor anymore. They updated the patch notes to include that info.