[2.7.0] List of GoD DH Rework Ideas

is irelevant, at 115 with good GOD build dh one shot everything, so the n pierce nerf does not even matter.

So what you’re saying is that you stand firm behind the devs decision on the nerf of GoD6 (because of missile dampening) even if there would be other sets that would make this build more viable and piercing a ton of times missile dampening still, right?
I mean you do understand that the changes on 2 quivers, 2 weapons and 1 belt happened in order to give this new set power, but then they miscalculated that actually with only those items you could actually make other builds that have the potential and its proven already that can out perform GoD6 set.
To conclude idk how you think that the pierce nerf doesn’t matter when you have created something specific for that and then it becomes not viable anymore with that specific set but with others is actually performing way better.

And no. It’s only GoD6 that was nerfed. I believe M6 HA and UE HA are still the same, and can currently push higher than GoD6 on PTR. So UE HA and M6 HA can still abuse and exploit the missile dampening effect.

So that was my point. Having to learn how to stutterstep while using UE/M6 HA because you’re left without strafe. The build is just automatically hard and still less popular…The ceiling is high in terms of skill level and mechanics.

So very much like UE Multishot (talkin moreso back in S13-S20), The build had one of the highest potentials to by rank 1 on the leaderboards…But very few people could pull it off because of the build being very squishy but you need to learn to properly and effectively stutterstep to avoid the massive amounts of AoE dmg.

Are we watching the same video? the pierces just pierces the first target not anything else. When he got a big pack of mobs it’s doing nothing to them. He couldn’t even complete the 115.

2 Likes

Best vid I’ve seen in a while. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Wudijo put up another video in high description.
I’m unsure how to properly post videos on the forum.
If someone could help me out on that video post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW43qggXDdU&ab_channel=wudijo

2 Likes

Here’s the video:

5 Likes

It’s a good video.

It’s good to see his “TL/DW” bullet list is pretty much what has been discussed in this thread and picked apart in Iria’s original post. We’re mostly on the same page :slight_smile:

Gotcha thanks, I just figured I’d show it explaining things in video format.

1 Like

Absolutely. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

A post from August last year with another suggestion; a variation on Solution 8.

3 Likes

I know it’s beating a dead horse to suggest other solutions but if they wanted to just slap a band aid on the missile dampening + hungering arrow interaction without ruining GoD they could say, “hungering arrow is unaffected by missile dampening” and be done with it

3 Likes

Yeah pretty much my thoughts on it as well. I’m getting tiresome just hoping for a new patch or blizz update on all of our feed back and mass amount of youtube videos made, and posts.

2 Likes

Yep, I was expecting at least some sort of comment from Blizz today. We still have a couple hours before they close up shop for the day, so it is still possible.

3 Likes

server is restarting for new patch just FYI I just checked.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s just another variation of solution 8. But depending on how Hungering Arrow is coded it could be a lot of work to do that.

The technical issue is that Hungering Arrow is a possibly a class which inherits properties from a “projectile object” class which is affected by missile dampening, dervish reflect, etc. Thus it could be tricky to change certain class attributes and methods without possibly introducing larger bugs: shooting through solid walls into other rooms, having broken AI (arrow gets stuck or targets something too far), and so forth.

Which will release first, PTR update (maybe today) or Pyra/Mythra for Smash Ultimate (releases today likely around 8PM EST).

1 Like

Well… the PTR is down right now, so the race is on.

PTR updated! Cap moved to NCS, increased 3. GoD 6p buff increased to 15000%.

Well then, it seems we got something between solution 1 and 2. They increased the pierce cap AND buffed the GoD 6-bonus but not quite to the extent I imagined.

My initial prediction is that this should help a bit in mid level GRs without over-buffing the low GRs. However, I think that the top GRs are still slightly overnerfed. Maybe with some evidence of slightly overnerf, we can get the cap extended to say 5.

Shattershot was also “fixed”, so that was short lived, as expected.