2.6.8 PTR wizard changes - thoughts?

That means Magistrate is getting nerfed. Prob down to 300%. The 6 set is predictably bad, and the 2 piece basically irrelevant. It was pretty apparent LoD was going to be superior.

1 Like

Maybe the Sigil + Deathwish changes didn’t take properly and those buffs are being applied twice multiplicatively?

My napkin math says there’s no way it should be doing that much damage. Something is bugged.

EDIT: That might be the case?

Although SVR specifically references Arcane Torrent double-dipping, not hydras. Shrugs.

4 Likes

Just got in and picked up the new set… The set’s visual appearance looks like it belongs to the WD’s. The Green and tree limb motif, with the WoW flimsy halloween mask just doesn’t fit with the 4 elements and venom hydra was removed back in vanilla. It looks like it belongs to the WD’s as an alternative Arachy set graphic. We need sexy ice-blue motif (frost).

1 Like

Gotta admit I was hoping for the appearance to be similar to the demon hunter’s shadow set, but more serpentine-like.

1 Like

Right-on Obliv. The DH Shadow set is slick and has that snake-skin motif going on.

…And… of course the new set doesn’t function with Mammoth Hydra.
:angry:

I’m not sure we are getting any benefit from the 4p bonus or they have the toughness calculation out of whack?

• 19.4mill toughness with double unity in play. If I un-equip my unity (leave the follower’s unity equipped) it only goes down to 19.1mill toughness. Casting 2x arcane hydras (10 heads) has no effect on the toughness value in the inventory view.
  • If I un-equip 1 of the set items and then select RoRG in the cube the toughness value does not change in the inventory view.

Thought I’d link / share: Created a focused feedback for Typhon’s Veil and Hydra related items and builds.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/12175

Also a rough mechanics list below. A good start for anyone wanting to put together a build on the PTR.

Note the shielding issue is likely to be fixed, as well as the Channeling bug.

3 Likes

So is the legacy gem going to get this one nerfed or not :confused:

No, Deathwish and etched sigil are bugged and giving more damage than should

1 Like

I just hope that LoD channeling Hydra survives in some fashion. I don’t want to be able to do 150’s, but I think the playstyle looks sweet and I want it to be semi-competitive.

well considering how everyone on console is running the Tempest Rush POJ set and doing 130’s is my main reason. console doesnt loose Tempest Rush stacks like the PC did (not sure if they fixed this).

What does this mean post-nerf? how many GR’s is 4.25x damage? 10GRs?

It’s Deathwish, Etched Sigil, and Mantle of Channeling. At least from what I’ve read.

So 4.25*2.5*1.25 =13.28x damage

ln(13.28)/ln(1.17) = ~16.5 GRs.

Keep in mind that 150 likely isn’t the ceiling. The 150 clear video was in a very mediocre rift, so the build in all likelihood can clear well over 150 with the bugged channeling multipliers.

3 Likes

That’s about right, puts Wizards about 138. that’s a fair ball.

Completely fair. Chants beats it then by 1-2 GR’s which it should, more solo oriented. This one is more group oriented utilizing Area damage, and to replace Bazooka with.

However this still leaves the actual Set pretty behind, it’s 6pc will need to be buffed.

Very likely. The obvious bugs are of course a factor. The main hindrance of the set is you can’t get T&T without sacrificing a ring slot for Royal Grandeur. That’s a fair ball, too, choosing between a ring and T&T. The six piece bonus will have to likely increase to compensate for the fluctuating hydra count. Perhaps…1100% per?

Well in seasons you can :slight_smile: But yes if they’re basing the power on NS then yah there’s much sacrifice between the two with the set.
1500% puts it slightly ahead of LoN Mammoth, which shows how crazy Mammoth is compared to every other rune lol.

In a perfect patch world it would be:
LoN Mammoth slow 4p group meta push
Typhon Set Frost mid GR / solo
Typhon Set Lightning speed rift / GR
Blazing lol (give us back Venom!)

I think they should make this new set, a pet set for Wiz, they should improve Mirror images to cast the same spell you do and hydras to follow you (while they are alive) and (hydras and the images) focus the enemy you target (something similar to Necro’s skeletons.
I also think this set should not be using channeling skills, it’s time to buff skills like Magic Missile and other primaries.

Also, I don’t understand why they give a Wizard a Spider appearance set, I thought Wiz hate spiders (in story mode when you go to Araneae cave, they say it, they hate and fear Spiders, also it make no sense, Spiders represent Poison (Wiz doesn’t have poison, they even removed Poison Hydra long ago) also, I thought they will make this set more Draconic or snake appearance.
Don’t get me wrong, the desing it’s cool (I hope they make and HD texture patch for all sets, it’s 2019 and they keep making low resolution textures) the shoulders with spider legs looks amazing, It’s just that it doesn’t feel like a Wizard set, it looks more like Witch Doctor.

I posted this on the PTR forum:

Pls support or add more ideas, let’s make devs fix our class now.

2 Likes

Normally these ideas are absolutely awful, and unfortunately yours arent much better, but your idea of Aether Walker increasing damage is solid. You’d probably want to do it after casting teleport though.

Say increase damage for X seconds by 100-200% after casting Teleport.

Those numbers needs to be tweaked.

As it stands, your version of hydra would deal 3 to 4x less damage than channeled hydra.

Mirror Ball should affect all non-channeled arcane spenders including hydra.