2 out of 7 classes are getting love!?

Title…

2 out of 7 classes are getting love

They will need at least two more seasons to give requested love to the rest.

Means 8 months AFTER the patch, which will be finally released in December?

So, whoever will be the unlucky pig, there might be 2 classes that have to wait for the NEXT SUMMER, to get their requested love.

I really don’t understand why they chose this way to release content…

Why not simply do it like this:

1. Classwide item changes
  2. Classwide skill/passive changes
  3. Classwide release of new sets + slight item adjustments

The class by class release makes 0 sense to me.

There are five classes that will have to wait for 1-2 seasons, maybe more. which means 8 months, at best.

I really would like to know who’s idea that was.

You wanna support a PC game isntead of a mobile game? Fine!
But then, do it correctly!

3 Likes

Especially since this will obviously lead to very lopsided group set-ups, when only two classes get meaningful changes…
Well, as long as there’ll even be enough players to make a group anyway :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This may come as shock to you but D3 is in the hands of the Classic Games team. They may have rather limited resources/manpower to do substansial patches at one time. It is better for them to do new things gradually. It is also easier to test and balance the new things gradually.

Would you rather have waited entire year to get everything at once?

17 Likes

I thought of that too, while waiting for buffs for barb & monk but I kind of realized it’s a lot much easier to balance & generally think about a subset of classes rather than for all.

Yes, ideally it would be nice to provide something for every class but as the resources are rather limited right now, I think it’s not feasible.

What did I do? I only play NS monk, crusader, dh and barb but last night I started to play wizz & necro.

Because I want in every patch to have something new to play.

1 Like

Can’t you read, or didn’t you read?

I would like to see a much more organized rollout of content.

They get a single set, that barely support a wide range of skills.
They didn’t touch any skill/rune mechanic.
They added/adjusted items that just for these classes.

Do you think it is more logical to support 2 out of 7 classes?
Is it fair to leave 70% with nothing added to their favourite class?

Really? Is my mindset behind my opening post so hard to get?

For the next, at least 2, seasoncycles, it will just be a new season theme and nothing more. If you are not a barb/monk fan, this update brings nothing, NOTHING.

Vacuum pick for GR keys? Really? :joy:

1 Like

Not too surprising, I mean the same thing had happened when we first got the Delsere, Unhallowed Essence, Wastes, Seekers of Lights, Uliana, and Arachyr Sets. Blizzard didn’t release all of those sets at once then, so I wouldn’t expect them to do it now either.

6 Likes

Because whole new sets need a lot more testing and meta balance than a couple of new item changes? It’s not illogical that they are focusing different classes each season. PoE also is doing the same thing, new leagues, new class archetypes being revamped/introduced.

1 Like

Me, on the contrary, I am rather happy to see more content being released now than in a while! :wink:

5 Likes

I hope your prediction comes true and that this little piggy realizes that its been staring into a mirror all this time.

Let me guess, you are also one of those people that likes to address themselves as,

“us demon hunters”
“us wizards”
“us witch doctors”
“us necros”
“us barbs”

because reasons.

What if I switched to one of these classes, can I join your club too?

3 Likes

As they say in the business world, people need to level-set their expectations.

Blizzard is simply not going to devote a lot of resources to a game that is 7 years old. They are not going to do that and develop Diablo Immortal and develop D4, and develop and maintain other Blizzard games.

I am happy that they are still doing things to upgrade the game after their revenues from it have long since crested.

To be clear: I absolutely agree that it would be better to have more sets come out more often. I agree that merely buffing up one or two skills, and not changing game mechanics in an interesting way, is not the best way to improve the game.

But for a game that’s clearly in maintenance mode, and not charging for updates, this is probably as good as it gets. It’s a frustrating reality, to be sure. As Darkseid once said, life, at best, is bittersweet.

5 Likes

which one are the two? pls don’t tell you mean monk, the set is absolutely useless and none of any requested change got into the patch notes.

2 Likes

Guess you didn’t read any of the patch notes.

Crusader: New Set and item changes (admittedly the set is unimaginative)
Monk: New Set and item changes
Barbarian: All kinds of nice updates and changes

2 Likes

Just a note, Blizz did make changes to several Barb items, which Barb fans seem to like. This patch does more than introduce 2 new sets.

It really doesn’t have to take a lot to make to improve things. For the Witch Doctor class, Poison Dart builds dominate the leaderboards right now. Thing is, they were nowhere to be seen early last year. But changes were made to 2 legendary items (DoD knife and Carnival helm), and it was a game changer for the WD class. Basically, it made the Zunimassa set usable again.

I welcome the new sets. But it seems like we can get a lot of bang for the buck by updating a few legendaries per class. I would note that for the WD class, 98% of the leaderboard uses only 2 ceremonial knives (DoD and Soul Harvester). The other knives are just about useless, obsolete. If just half of those knives could be made useful, it would open a lot of possibilities.

1 Like

They have done this before. They don’t owe us anything at this point. Just be glad content is coming. You’re not paying some subscription or needing to buy DLC/expansions.
Who cares whose “idea” it is? You going to get onto your social media and @ them everywhere? Just play one of the 3 classes that are getting something next season. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

4 Likes

Some classes seem to need only easy fixes. I like the crusader and can really tear into groups I think better than the wiz. When the groups get low, like less than 5, then my damage goes into the toilet. The single damage item has way to low of
damage stat on it. That should be fixed so can kill single and small groups like the wiz. Then look out wizard, the crusader is coming to take over your top spot.

bigger question should be where to put all these new sets and items that support it;which could be solved by each item only taking 1 slot instead of two.

Just going to reiterate two major problems here:

1. Not all classes getting their new set sucks, especially for those last in line.
  2. Seasons continuing to delay the release of content is, has, and continues to remain a problem.

Personally, I don’t care if Blizzard ferried the game off the classics team, the janitor, or the guy who delivered their catering. They’re not putting the attention required into the game to satisfy players. No one likes feeling left out. No one wants underwhelming changes. As a multi-billion dollar AAA studio, they have zero excuse for such poor upkeep at this point. And no amount of micro-transaction justification attempt from apologists will cut it, either.

People going to Blizzcon need to be angry. Not just about politics, D:I, or maybe learning that D4 is still years away, but rather in how poorly they have treated D3 players. Because in seeing they can get away with it here, they’ll do it again in their other games.

looks like nobody like this thread.

1. Nev explained in some blue post that they have limited resources. Currently, D3 is in maintenance mode (by classic game team). They can’t bring us 7 sets in this 3 months time limit.

2. They also have to design season mode. New seasonal buff sames more effective than balance change. This will take a lot of dev resources.

3. Another reason, they gonna annouce d4 this year. We have to wait 1-2 years for D4. In the mean time, 7 new sets fill the 1 year gap. Besides new sets, I guess there will be other new content for d3 before d4 release. Just like what 2k did for borderlands 3.

I mean, at this point, why complain? We’ve gotten near 3 expansions worth of content and only had to pay for one (and the Necro DLC). That’s pretty good for a now 7 year old game. I still get shocked when I see plans of any changes at all, I’m not going to complain that I have to wait a few months for them.

5 Likes

This is pretty good summary as to why. We really had two approaches we could have taken to bringing new stuff to the game:

• Release smaller patches that have something for everyone
  • Release larger, more focused (and ideally better balanced) patches for 1-2 classes at a time

We’ve opted for the latter because we think it makes a lot more sense on a lot of levels; we can focus on a particular art style, gameplay is more consolidated, and we’re at less risk of breaking more things at a time while we work. We knew this approach could be divisive, which is why we called it out in the blog from August. We didn’t want it to be a surprise.

Class Sets in Diablo III greatly impact skills and gameplay style. Each needs room to breathe (and be thoroughly tested) as they’re implemented. And if we need to make changes to the ones we’re adding after your feedback, we need time to do that, too.

Trying to juggle seven all at once was just outside scope, especially as supplemental Legendary powers need attention too. I won’t pretend we’re going to get it all right, but pacing ourselves accordingly makes that at least a little more likely. :slight_smile:

22 Likes