2.6.6 and Barbs: A Measured Response

Attacking Nev and the developers will only hurt our cause.

It’s unfortunate we get nothing again. But we’ll have to make do with what we have.

Test and get data with the new items and the new patch. Meet back up and repeat our analysis and proposals.

3 Likes

The proposal to end all proposals has been up for a while. And the current crop of items, well, there isn’t much to be done with them. It’s obvious, and reliable tester have already proven as much.

Even if the devs ignore our solutions, the data is still there–how much we need, what it means, etc.

8 Likes

Nev, if you check my account you’ll see I’ve played barb since the initial release of Diablo 3. I tried Necro this last season and just don’t love it like my barb! Please grant us lifelong barb players this single buff so we can love S18. I’m been waiting so long and just basically begging for this one ask as a Diablo 3 player :blush:

1 Like

A lot of crying on these boards from grown men/women.
Yes Barbs suck, so what.
Barbs sucked for so long I forgot they even existed.
Why do you expect a fix from a company that has gone mobile
last Blizzcon.
Hey, if they balance classes more, great, but in reality, most likely
not.

It’s almost August again which means I’m looking forward to the second instalment of the “Forges burning hot” video series in an attempt to sell more BlizzCon tickets.

Also, baring what was said on stage last year, I find it the height of irony that people can’t even get into BlizzCon without a mobile phone this year.

Oh, and the “We hear you” thread on the old forums mentioned that you’d definitely have some Diablo news for us within a year of that post being made. Nothing so far, so the clock’s ticking on that too.

18 Likes

You have to read between the lines I guess :slight_smile:
"The forges are burning hot, for all games but Diablo. "

“We hear you, and choose to ignore you instantly”

10 Likes

People complain and got the right to do so. Maybe you should have spent some time reading up on, what people actually write instead of being condescending.

2 Likes

You think people have the right to complain, fine.
And I have the right to call you out about your complaints.
I think there is to much drama on these boards, and a lot of crying
going on.
You can call it condescending, I have a different opinion than you.

1 Like

Every one here know that you are doing your best but…

For the barb state, we dont discuss for tiny tweaks. Barb is 4 GR behind the AVERAGE other classes. It’s HALF the damage needed… on top builds. We dont even compare to wizard, who are 11 GR above !

It’s like make a race between a skateboard and a muscle car.

You (the “devs”, blizzard, whoever, Nothing personnal here) implemented a bunch of legendaries who are completely useless, or more precisly inusables, because of this silly multipliers mechanics.

I play to your games since diablo 2. I’m still waiting like a lot of barbs for a single Frenzy build who actually work. You (blizz) introduced items like Oathkeeper, The Undisputed Champion, Vambraces, DEpht diggers and more. And if we equip all of this stuff, we still do maybe 20 times less damage than a competitive build ?

What’s the point of a game design with this kind of gaps ? Even intra builds, we have a ton of legendaries or gems who make XX % weapon damage and all of this stuff do 300 times less than our multiplicated spells…

It’s the same story every season, i take a look. I play casually a Barb, cause… i just want to play this class, Nothing more. And after about 2 hours, my mate who just rolled wizard burn mobs in 2 seconds when i do the same in 2 minutes.

It cant be serious for a company like blizzard who have worldwide ambitions…

6 Likes

There is a difference in complaining and being childish, like you are.

If you even knew anything you wouldn’t have that opinion. You have shown, you don’t read anything. Saying people are crying is condescending.

3 Likes

Surely modifying some numbers on exist gears with numbers can’t be hard right. It’s like 20 mins work. Let players test, & you can readjust the values before LIVE.

Some examples:

Blade of the warload.

Bash deal 400-500% increased damage. Surely, you can bump this number to say 2000-2500% (just example)

Dishonored Legacy

Cleave deal 300-400% damage base on missing Fury
Surely its 5 mins work to bump this to 2000-2500% damage.

Oathkeeper

Primary skills attack 50% faster & deals 150-200% damage
Again, 5 mins work to bump it to 1500-2000% damage.

Note, all these only requires number change, & barely any significant amount of work at all.

2 Likes

I keep waking up and checking, expecting that bliss would realize that it might be good for the game to give barbs some buffs. Mind boggling that even after all this negative feedback they still aren’t.

I was at the very least hoping for a change or a fix for R6 so we didn’t have to “ wall slam” anymore and we didn’t even get that. To say I’m let down is a understatement. I have been a long time diablo fan and a equally as long Barbarian fan. I started playing diablo back sometime after D2lod came out and fell in love with WW and the open wounds affix. My friends gave me a hard time saying “ I don’t know how you play barb all the time” and my answer was always the same seeing plops of blood fall as I WW through mobs it’s the best thing ever. I don’t think it’s to much to ask that barbs get the real fixes that they need like Free showed in this post we gave gotten little to nothing and that’s truly sad and bad game design. Bump for barb buffs. FYI- I’m posting from my :phone: So I’m sorry for the wall of text.

3 Likes

Why you want to be above Wizards at GRs again? I doubt that’s “equal treatment”. I’m looking at numbers suggested in thread and I hope you people pulling these numbers ironically.
It’s hard to split barbarians from zdps roles and solve technical stuff like tickrates that still persists in this old engine.

Why don’t you just agree that it would take time? If you want a solution this would come within’ heavy nerfs to some lag inducing ussues or redesigns for overhauls. On either case, it takes time. Your message was clear, tapping your foot or complaining like a kid doesn’t solve any issues, nor make developers act any faster.

1 Like

Keep trash talking and not knowing what you talk about is more of an offense than anything else on here.
It is all calculated so Barbarians wont get above any other class, but on par.
Seriously, you are told multiple times to go read and again AND again proven you are dead wrong in all your nay sayings…

Seriously, go read and get some info… Instead of spending time bringing down others just cause you can’t see past your own nose.

8 Likes

Straw man argument.

No Barbarian is asking to be above Wizards

None of Free’s proposed changes would put any Barb build in situation above a Vyr or LON Wiz, ever.

This is looking like yet another situation where you’re posting errornoue opinions about Barbs because you don’t understand mechanics or math—much like you did not know what the hell you were talking about with regards to Slaughter and Mortick’s Bracer where you ignorantly thought Slaughter was super awesome.

Stay out of game mechanics discussions unless you understand and play the game.

8 Likes

If I had one hour to spare and do nothing else I’d do it. Alas that “holy” proposal you praised are miles away from technical issues that servers and engine suffers. Adding more DoT does not solve issues stemmed from DoT.

1 Like

Numbers I read in this thread about 2000% dmg multiplier was ironic then? And I still don’t see any mention of technical issues. If someone doesn’t see before them. I’m sorry but that’s you all.

In a last ditch effort Blizzard may even have to upgrade servers but that won’t be cost effective for a huge company.

1 Like

Never once was Free or Rage stating anywhere in that proposal (which you clearly haven’t read) that they and the rest of the Barb community want to be above any class. We wish to be on par with others and be able to clear solo GRs at an equivalent level that other classes can. We would also potentially like a spot at the group dps table not necessarily for the most meta groups but at least in off meta groups so we can do something else other than buff the dps and spam IP. Please refrain from just attacking others here when you have admitted yourself that you haven’t read the proposal to truly understand what we are asking for. Not superiority…equality.

9 Likes

Mortick’s only meant for area damage for IK that is already meant for an underperforming spec. Instead of taking this as a promise you chose to open a chain of threads all complaining about barbs, not pushing hard enough. You have no idea how many mutual skills different specs may have and it would be hard to separate them.

Let along I see huge damage numbers in this thread thrown around.

1 Like