15 Stash Tab Minimum & Item Balance

1. Can we at least get 15 tabs? With the new sets coming, stash space is going to be a problem unless you use mules. Character inventory wasn’t designed for this purpose. I personally believe 5 tabs max per class is ideal though; 1 tab for gems, 1 tab for set items, 1 tab for legendaries, 1 tab for extra set/legendary items, and 1 tab for yellow items/bounty chests/unidentified items. This would make organizing stash space at the end of the season much more enjoyable and less frustrating.

2. Item changes please, either remove or buff useless or underused items. Simple number changes for some of them and creative powers for the rest, please. All these unused/underpowered items just take up space and make getting decent loot much more frustrating, an example would be getting a useless primal.

• If point 2 gets addressed, I personally think D3 should allow 9 cube powers max instead of 3. All these new powers will be locked behind the cube unless we get 3 weapon powers, 3 armor powers, and 3 jewelry powers. We would probably need a torment difficulty redesign at this point, making TX (torment 10) equivalent to greater rift 100 would be a start.

These are my top two requests for Diablo 3. If they don’t get addressed, I won’t discuss the other less major flaws.

15 Likes

There should be no limit to stash tabs. The limitation has something to do with the way they designed the game which is either an excuse or just very poor game design. I hope they are smart enough tho not repeat that issue since other modern ARPGs that even play on console have unlimited stash you can earn or buy.

9 Likes

Tabs are only really needed for hoarders. There is really no reason to hold on to that much stuff. At least none that I can think off logically.

Useless items keep the game with a realistic feel. There will always be things in the world that are useless.

1 Like

One doesn’t need to hoard to run out of space. What if one plays all classes, has at least two characters from each class, each character has multiple builds and each build requires its own set of gear? Builds have different requirements and you can’t always just simply use same gear on different builds while expecing them to work.

14 characters with 2-3 builds each, with each build having their own gear doesn’t that much free space in the stash, even with max 13 tabs.

16 Likes

New wizard set : The Return of Bazooka

Bonuses
2pc : Starpact gains 8,000,000% damage for every point of mana spent
4pc : Multiplies 2pc bonus by 80,000,000%
6pc : Gains 1,000% damage reduction and multiplies 4pc bonus by 800,000,000%

3 Likes

Turn this record over and play a new song already.
How many times have they said no new stash tabs.
Learn how to manage your gear.

By the time they finish adding a new set for each class, they will have added more than an entire new stash tab of sets. A stash tab is 35 double slot items. 7 new 6-piece sets is 42 additional double-slot items.

I try my best to trim down on excess supporting items, especially ones that are likely to see non-retroactive upgrades and become obsolete. But I like to keep one of each set for each class so I test out new changes when sets are updated.

It’s manageable right now, but they will be adding an entire stash tab of new sets in the next couple patches. One additional stash tab for the new sets they are adding would go a long way. And I don’t think that’s an unreasonable request (assuming they can get over the technical issues).

6 Likes

I only have the ones you van buy with gold and one extra from that one season I did the extra chapters to get one. I horde a bit on the class I play for that season and have yet to use the second page.

However I do agree, there should be a large amount of stash tabs available through gold instead of seasonal challenges.

2 Likes

I agree, but I’d prefer more character slots. No way in hell would I actually play all 35 / 42 / 49 mainstream builds available, but a few more could be nice.

We already have the storage in terms of bytes - the wardrobe has a snapshot of my character including gear and skills. Allowing us to level new characters would take a bit of effort to gain the slots, while remove the need to swap builds all the time. (Plus, gems…)

Depends on how you play.

If you’re committed to a very single build per class, say, Marauder DH with the standard accessories, then you don’t need but a single stash tab to exchange goods between your characters. You don’t even need to store gems, once you’re covered.

In another thread people are frowning on “noobs who cannot even conjure a proper build, so just stick to a set” - a couple logical steps, and you are supposed to keep a lot of legendaries (and possibly some with multiple power variations) so that you can experiment and optimise. Or just play it for fun - and accessories do vary, so 2 tabs per class are a technical minimum requirement. We don’t even have one (8 -1 for mats -1 for fresh loot exchange = 6).

For a typical season-only player picking 2-3 characters to play and experiment with some sets, and then literally destroying the mail, it’s fine. Especially if you are conqueror material.

I can totally live with how it is, but I see how it isn’t great.

1 Like

It is nice that we are getting 7 (now 5) new 6-piece class sets; however, this has increased the needs relative to storage space especially considering that there are unique supporting legendaries that are worthwhile to keep. It would make sense to increase the stash space or the number of character slots.

5 Likes

And yet they gave us more on multiple occasions.

1 Like

we know everybody wants more … and if we gave you more you want more … and you want more … and then eventually all the internet would just be your items.

Josh Mosqueira

If you take people who main a specific class, they will have a recommended gear list that you should keep.

If you take that recommended gear list and remove duplicates, you basically don’t have enough space on the current stash tabs to make it work.

Depending on the rolls, you do need different equipment with skill bonus etc for certain sets. And some sets have multiple skill multipliers and thus multiple viable builds.

So while there is enough space if you use mules, there really isn’t enough space in the actual stash tabs where you are supposed to manage your gear.

For example your post.

(Sigh) There is a problem with their old game engine.
What they could do easily though is

• 5 shared tabs
  • 5 tabs per character individual

This way you could store everything you need for a class on your char.
And get rid of the depressing end-season stash tetris.

4 Likes

Agreed. It is all a matter of why you play. I have a build for each class normally and the stash amount is ok for the most part.

Coming from you, now that is funny. Now normally I would have no issues roasting you for that comment but we agree on a few things so ill let it go.

It’s all a matter of how you play. I’m not interested in non seasonal play. I don’t use all of the stash tabs I have. I don’t even use all of the seasonal stash tabs.

1 Like

Try playing Hardcore and Softcore.
Cant even play Crusader because no stash or character tabs.
There is no server issue, that is a LIE.
They only want you to play season, but after 15 tabs there is no reason.

4 Likes

I got 13 tabs! :stuck_out_tongue:
But yeah, stash space is the biggest incentive to play season. No stash space worries in season ^^

Also, give followers some inventory space to carry gear.

5 Likes

What if instead of more stash tabs give us a way purchase back gear we delete like you can in destiny via a Collections area. This will give players a way to clear some of their clutter without worrying about if they can get it back once it more usable at a later time. once the item has been deleted you can view your connection but can not use it until you repurchase it with some in game currency like gold or gems