10 WD GR 150, 3 Crusaders GR 150 in Non-Season

Check their paragon level bro top 100 is like 6-7k ish and top 10 is above 10k paragon.

Before whining about nerfing this and that LOOK AT THE PARAGON LEVEL ! a non botting avegage player I think can get to 1.5k in one season let’s say the season lasts three months. If you can clear 140+ with 1500paragon then we talk about nerfing. I can tell you this S20 with out S19s pandemonium buff GL with clearing 130-135. S19 how many bosses did you really kill in high GRs? The 400 kill streak completely killed everything on the screen. Not to mention the other damage dealing prior to 400 you fish for a good map and good mobs gather everything have a few good places pylons you kill at max 50 white mobs the rest is the season themes job. 500 streak angels were killing RG like stealing a candy from a kid, with out all that you think you can clear 150 this season I personally don’t think so

3 Likes

Please check Blizzard’s game balance blog post. They do not balance around seasons.
https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23290575/[d3]-developer-insights-balancing-class-set-design-1-28-2020

Here I have quoted it:

None of that data should be taken in a vacuum; it all comes together to paint a much bigger, constantly shifting picture. Here are a couple things we consider:

• Individual performers and their Paragon Level
    • Paragon level directly impacts a player’s long-term progress; it’s important that this is accounted for when comparing different points of data
  • The intended design and in-practice functionality of each class set
    • What does this set do best? Does it clear a lot of smaller monsters, or is it a good Rift Guardian killer? Does it serve a support role? Is it better in group play over solo? Does it need to be doing something different?

And here are a couple things we specifically avoid when considering overall class balance:

• Seasonal buffs and their impact on overall power
    • We want to design fun, engaging Seasonal buffs without worrying about how they might impact class balance
      • Data from non-Seasonal players is especially helpful here
    • Some buffs may be better or worse for different classes, but since Season effects are temporary, we’re okay with this

Let’s not get too crazy here, aov pre shield nerf was a beast of its own, compared to that the wd is not that strong honestly.
Not saying it shouldn’t get nerfed but maybe not as much as aov.

I forget, how long did id take for crusaders to reach GR 147 in non-season after patch 2.6.7a dropped. There were 22 GR 150 crusader clears worldwide in non-season era 12.

Wasn’t 150 done within a couple days ? I’m not sure actually.

But having played aov full power it was stupid. Power, 150, one rotation a yellow if you had stacked for 10 seconds. Without stutter stepping.

Patch 2.6.7a dropped November 20. Here is a post made 8 days later in response to Meteorblade commenting on a crusader clearing GR 146 solo in non-season.

I think that they have a new target (higher than GR 141 for top 10K paragon clears).

Just an observation - The Paragons to achieve high 140’s are not exactly small.

It is a little OP - They could swap about 5-10 GR’s worth of Damage to the equivalent in DR if they want balance.
The bar of testing was set at 5K paragons, not 8K or 11.5K.
Some guy a while back at 10K paragons proved a point with any set, with that many paragons, he did it with a UHE set when the top GR was 128.

If someone with under 5K is getting 145 or higher, yes there is a problem.

3 Likes

Blizzard uses a wide range of parameters when they think about balancing including the 5K paragon. Although there are exceptions, the general trend is that the classes that have the top clears also have the highest GR clears at 5K paragon.

Blizzard wrote in their game balance blog post:

“The “ideal” class set performance for Diablo III is approximately Greater Rift 130, solo, and assumes the character has 5000 Paragon levels .”

Many classes met this GR 130 level when Blizzard analyzed the data at roughly 3 weeks into non-season era 12. I think that the ideal class set is now a couple GRs higher to reflect the maturation of the non-season data.

That is a can of worms, because what is ideal for one person may not be for another - It involves exact rolls on every piece of gear etc etc etc

The point being - If someone under 5K paragons is easily getting over 139 and into 140’s (with 5mins or more to spare), then it is worth looking at.

3 Likes

For clarity, what you quoted was written by Blizzard and not me. I think that it is not anymore GR 130 but a bit higher.

Also, you should think back to the thorns necromancer nerf and wizard nerf in patch 2.6.7. I think it is fair to say that the current WD clearly will exceed these.

1 Like

AoV (HF) took 2 nerff, the last one is what I mean, the first version of AoV could do 150 with 5k paragon

1 Like

Yes I agree that it is a bit higher than 130, that is becoming increasingly evident.
They have however, left themselves with the big task of raising the bar of every other (non-recent) class set to equal it.

2 Likes

Are you guys all shatting me? Except the one or two of you who did check…

The EU 147 WD clear is player Rzeźnik with 11,272 Paragon, and 16,546,400 sheet damage. Probably the same guy Neferteri pointed out.

If I had 11,272 Paragon I could do a GR120 with no gear at all.

Note that every piece of Ancient and Primal gear is Augmented with a 150 stone except for one, and it’s at 126, and every piece of gear is Ancient or Primal except for one, his helm.

Most of you guys need to do a little research as to why these players can do what they do.

You will then achieve perspective.

7 Likes

Looks like he went up a bit since I checked earlier. :laughing:

1 Like

:slight_smile: and you quoted a typo…Funny how you never see those until it’s too late…

1 Like

This again…

Why is it such a problem when another build gets into the 145-150 range?

Just enjoy this 8 year old game you love to bash and act like is pure garbage yet you come and post every week…

Like come on peeps, we see through the facade!

1 Like

Lymph in Asia is under 10K paragon and has cleared GR 147 also.

https://kr.diablo3.com/ko/rankings/era/13/rift-wd

We have not even hit the first weekend since the patch 2.6.8 was released. There will be more and more high clears. For comparison, it took a week or so after patch 2.6.7a dropped to get the first GR 146 crusader. At the end of era 12, 22 crusaders worldwide had cleared GR 150.

Good for him. Doesn’t affect my game one bit.

3 Likes

This parameter is unclear. 5k para is with augment or no augment. Low or 150 augments.

Wd needs watching but lets to be careful how to tune it. Its problem is it kills RG way too efficient for a top tier trash kill build. As best trash killer in group, paragon needed is way higher than star pact. 5k para dont speed 145 as easy as bazooka. You need 8k. Even its NS how many have 8k from those wants a nerf?? Doing it wrongly only promotes botting for paragon. Not say bazooka discourage bots but at least at 5k para, you still can play dps if you know how to at semi high tiers (145).

For solo 147 is a red line, but not to be overly stressed. Priority is up lift dh/necro solo, dh group performance.

2 Likes

I am not sure. You can check Blizzard’s blog.