Yo big respect to ceo Bobby Kotick

just read an article… " As Activision Blizzard continues to grapple with lawsuits over sexual harassment and discrimination claims, CEO Bobby Kotick announced a series of reform efforts in a letter to employees including a “zero-tolerance” harassment policy and requesting the company board to slash his total compensation to $62,500, the lowest allowed by California law, Activision Blizzard has also pledged to increase the number of women and non-binary employees in the company by 50% and invest $250 million “to accelerate opportunities for diverse talent… … yall are moving in the right direction u have my respect… now fix these d2 servers lolol

6 Likes

The main news release for his statement is here

It seems they are meeting most of the worker’s demands.

Of note because they word it oddly. The current number of women/non binary folks in the ATVI workforce across all units (Blizzard, King, Activision, ATVI corporate) is currently 23%. Their goal is to raise that over 5 years to 33%. That is what “raise by 50%” means. Half of 23% is 11.5% (or 50%). 23% + 11.5% = aprox the 33% they are going for. They are not adding 50% women which is what the first post sounds like unless you read the whole thing for context.

We will increase the percentage of women and non-binary people in our workforce by 50% and will invest $250 million to accelerate opportunities for diverse talent –Today, approximately 23% of our global employee population identifies as women or non-binary. Building on the success that King and other business units have achieved, we will seek to increase our percentage of women and non-binary professionals by approximately 50% – to more than one-third across the entire company – within the next five years and hopefully faster. Each franchise team, business unit, and functional area will be expected to have plans to help fulfill this ambition.

6 Likes

Non-binary? Increase the number of female employees? I’d expect nothing less from the progressive liberal cesspool that is California. I can’t even believe this is real. What a joke.

68 Likes

Respect?! LOL!!! So you respect someone who does the right thing only because they are under fire of the press due to a law suit? If it wasn’t for the law suit, Bloddy would never have changed his pay. Infact he probably would have increased it.

27 Likes

They are now including zero-tolerance harassment?

Progressive insurance, indeed.

3 Likes

I had to use the thought-forming engine (google) to define “non-binary.”

As per the thought-forming engine, “A spectrum of gender identities that are not exclusively masculine or feminine”

I think companies should just focus on qualifications, not gender. IMO this is a bad approach, to focus on gender. :man_facepalming:

46 Likes

Why aren’t people just hired based on their talent? Why is everything about race or gender. This planet needs a reset.

64 Likes

This is exactly why we are fighting against this as a country. Instead of hiring on character and credentials, they now want to hire you based on sex or race. Very, very dangerous territory.
Non-binary is the term people want to use when they don’t ‘‘feel’’ like being what they were born as.

20 Likes

Are you fighting as hard against hiring based on race/gender when people are discriminated against because of that or is it only when people are promoting diversity and inclusion?

3 Likes

it’s the first time in a while that bobby is painted in a good light

good for him

“Hiring more women” doesn’t necessarily mean that someone will be hired because they are a woman. Instead, it could lead to policies and procedures that result in less discrimination against women (of which there is plenty in many business environments).

5 Likes

LOL so the games are going to be even worse? What a joke of a company, hire talented game developers regardless of their gender or “non-binary” status you clowns.

22 Likes

Exactly. Even in some organizations that are highly focused on diversity and fairness, there can be MASSIVE discrepancies as far as where that actually sits.

I know a female developer that was being paid approximately 40% less than her male cohorts but was smarter and better at her job than all of them put together.

4 Likes

Blizzard: So what are your qualifications?
Applicant: I’m not white.
Blizzard: You’re hired!

27 Likes

Your ignorance is showing.

2 Likes

It got your attention, which is exactly why I pulled the ole’ cpt kirk was the best jedi botch job so adhds would rush to correct me.

The absurdity of it all is the point. Loud and clear :slight_smile:

I enjoy threads like this. It allows me to see who I should ignore. :clap:

4 Likes

So in other words, you’re trolling.

Got it.

1 Like

Yes, much respect to Bobby Kotick, even though he has already received $155 million in bonuses this year. :joy:

3 Likes

hes just trying to do the right thing… if uve done wrong in the past and u admit and try to do better u get nothing but respect from me just my ideology didnt mean to start a ruckus… im just glad even if the past isnt so beautiful atleast the future will be