Yo big respect to ceo Bobby Kotick

Interestingly enough this doesn’t include his bonus, which was ALWAYS higher than his total annual earnings.

Why does anyone care about this? I’ll use this analogy: When it comes to all aspects of job opportunities, the BEST candidate for the job should be chosen. I DO NOT want my AIRPLANE PILOT chosen by their gender, or by the color of their skin. That’s CRAZY talk.

14 Likes

Sounds like worthless pandering that will lead to discrimination when they hire based on gender. Thank god D2R was the last Blizzard game I wanted doubt they are going to make very many good games when they hire based on whats in your pants or what you “feel” like.

10 Likes

I’ll take hyperbole for 600 Alex!

6 Likes

This is not how it works–or how it is supposed to work anyway. The idea is that if the hiring process comes down to two candidates that are highly qualified, you’d lean towards making the diversified hire.

So discriminate because the other person hits your quota? sounds like a garbage idea.

12 Likes

When it comes to all aspects of job opportunities, the BEST candidate for the job should be chosen. I DO NOT want my AIRPLANE PILOT chosen by their gender, or by the color of their skin. That’s CRAZY talk.

Believe it or not, there was a time in our Country’s history where the BEST candidate was NOT chosen BECAUSE of the COLOR of their SKIN, or because of their GENDER. Actually, it still happens now…

1 Like

NO THANKS. Put the people that DESERVE to be there based on qualifications. Sorry, I believe your sentiment to be flat out disgusting. All we’ll end up with at the end of the day is roughly HALF of all jobs pandering to underqualified, most likely also underperforming people. NO.

6 Likes

Yes more tar and feathers for the white male.

3 Likes

Not the point I was making. Everyone who’s ever picked up a history book, or knows anyone over the age of 50 would’ve heard of this. Not sure of your point.

Way to completely ignore the first part of my statement.

They think past discrimination means current discrimination is a good thing. its gonna be hilarious and kinda scary if/when the pendulum swings back the other way.

3 Likes

It’s not the point you’re making, it’s the point you’re choosing to ignore.

This? It’s NOT relevant, no two people are identical in criteria necessary for hiring. It doesn’t exist. The fact that you’d lean toward a minority is also the R-word at BEST. Disgusting.

6 Likes

How can I ignore my OWN point? I know what I’m saying. I’ll post it again for you.

2 Likes

Not the point I was making. Everyone who’s ever picked up a history book, or knows anyone over the age of 50 would’ve heard of this. Not sure of your point.

Let me clarify since you missed the point. Companies do not always hire the best candidate still to this day and this is generally because of, 1) Appearance, 2) Gender.

1 Like

Never said they didn’t. I clearly stated I disagree with this, and think it’s disgusting. It goes both ways. Whether you’re hiring men because you want men, or because you want it “diverse” doesn’t make it any less wrong.

3 Likes

So not harassing your employees is great, but this other stuff is ridiculous, people should be hired based on qualifications not protected class.

You guys are already pissed at this game now. Imagine how bad it’s gonna be if 40% of the server team don’t even have networking backgrounds and instead got the job because they don’t identify as male or female. I don’t want to hear anymore complaining about queues, you get what you deserve.

The whole point of anti discrimination is to eliminate race, background, and sex from the decision making process. Not to turn around and only target people based on their race, background, or sex.

This is the very definition of discrimination. Why can’t people understand this?

19 Likes

No. They are specifically hiring based on sex now. Men and women choose different paths in life. Imagine if construction companies wanted to do this as well? Nothing would ever get done. The field of work at Blizzard is generally chosen by men. That’s just how it is. This isn’t a sexist thing, it’s merely choice. This is exactly discrimination.

5 Likes

Imagine if Bobby’s $250 million bonuses for this year was allocated on resources for the development and improvement of Blizzard’s games like D2R instead of for his Yacht collection.

2 Likes

Being annoyingly legalistic, how do we prove non-binary? Can’t you just say you are to get the job? do you have do dress a specific way or be overweight? Do I need to just annoy people about pronouns? What happens if someone says ‘you guys’ and you don’t make a scene do you get fired for faking non-binary?

8 Likes