Yeah, imma stick with D2R

I take back everything I’ve ever said against you and I’m sorry. This game is a masterpiece in every aspect, compared to D4. The only entry in the Diablo franchise worth playing

10 Likes

There’s only so much “new” that can be added to an isometric ARPG before it starts feeling “recycled”. It’s even harder for a new iteration of Diablo to succeed when a game as good as Diablo 2 is reining supreme in the minds of long time players of the Diablo franchise. Perhaps new and younger players to the franchise are the primary target audience for Diablo 4.

My guess is depending on the reviews, there may be some significant changes to Diablo 4, just like what happened with Diablo 3. Diablo 3 is a completely different game versus what it was when it originally released.

1 Like

I’m sure there’ll be plenty of changes along the way. But maybe you’re right and I am not the target audience.

3 Likes

How did you make a conclusion that D4 is a bad game? It has not been released yet.

D4 isn’t even out yet.

The first of the two beta weekends is going on right now for those that pre-purchased. There are many streaming the gameplay right now. And first impressions are everything.

2 Likes

The beta is out and it’s pretty much the finished product at this point. I don’t like it. It’s ok if you do

1 Like

Did you play it or just watch?

…does it matter? 20chars

Well I’d say yes, you can watch a movie, listen to music but game should be played before making a review. If you don’t like what you see it’s fine but doesn’t yet mean game is bad. Maybe just not your taste.

I don’t completely agree with this. As beta testers can only play up to 25 lvl its hard to evaluate the endgame right now.

I have no intention of buying this, especially when others took this bullet for me, for free.
Besides, when something looks and smells like a turd, I don’t have to taste it to confirm that it’s turd.

9 Likes

You will be able to try it for free next weekend but well if you already don’t like it good for you. Money saved and you can still play D2R, it isn’t going anywhere. I am interested simply because D4 looks much better than D3 so that’s an improvement at least. I’m not preordering, waiting for release.

1 Like

Pretty much saw the Asmongold D3 /D4 side by side comparison.

I think I lost what little faith I had left in humanity…

1 Like

Is it just me or did they really remove merc’s in D4?? That is one of the best parts of D2 imo. I love gearing a helper that synergize with my character. Can anyone confirm D4 has no personal hireling?

1 Like

The problem is not D4 but that we are all 40+ and gaming for us as a whole is reaching the end of it’s lifetime.

We can play things like D2 because there’s such huge nostalgia and memories for us but it’s hard to really get ambitious about newer games.

Same goes for the other way around, a while ago I was watching a video were they made some teens play D2 and they just laughed and quit after 5 min, like they didn’t even make it to blood raven.

And maybe it’s for the better because essentially video games are a waste of time, you learn nothing, you get no skills, you don’t train anything. It’s just another form of drug that only makes the provider rich but doesn’t really do anything for you, other than perceived gains which are not real.

2 Likes

Or they can stop casualizing their games.

Path of Exile hasn’t had an issue, nor has D2.

Problem is the creative development team. Their ideas suck. Dogwater.

They need to stick a bunch of dudes in a basement while they’re high and say “come up with some weird ideas” . I’m willing to bet you that you will have a fun interesting game in the making by the end of the week.

Being in an office with Activi$ion breathing over your shoulder there’s ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you can come up with anything cool.

5 Likes

You can see core game play in beat and its dog water

4 Likes

snap snap well said

1 Like

I just don’t like the graphics, I like D2r more. D3 felt like a cartoon and d4 doesn’t look any different.

3 Likes