Wind druid DPS is terrible and all hybrid builds are a useless joke

Fire sorc with endgame gear and fire charm, lvl 46 fireball and 105 fcr = over 95k fireball dps vs everything in the game (meteor is … wait for it … 170k dps).
Blizzard sorc with endgame gear and cold charm, lvl 46 blizzard (doesn’t even need infinity) = over 55k aoe dps vs everything in the game.
Wind druid with the best conceivable 163 fcr gear = 9k tornado dps, 16k if your merc applies Decripify.

Numbers from Maxroll, vs Uber Baal. Long live build diversity, single elements are now unstoppable and by FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR the best at EVERYTHING.

10 Likes

Geeze it’s like they balanced the skills with resistances and immunities in mind. But nope let’s just get rid of the immunities without rebalancing the skills at all.

18 Likes

So same as the last 2 decades?

Physical builds don’t scale well. Physical resistance is the highest base resistance in hell. Tornado + Hurricane scales poorer than Blizzard without cold mastery…

Fire Druid has his own set of problems. Next Hit Delay being one of em…

4 Likes

i’m curious about how they reach the 9k numbers

1 Like

Its DPS, not sheet or on screen damage.

Common no Dev team would be THAT stupid…ow wait.

3 Likes

I know. But it still seems curious to me.

Nado on a full gear dudu does about 6.5k and tick 3 time in one sec (not far from 4 time actually).
Dudu in 1 sec should be able to cast 2.5 of them by average
Doesnt rly check out with the 9 k dps to me, should be more, but maybe it depends also the hit box of the target

I met one sad hurricane farmer who owned a phase blade with 6 cold facets.

Shove cold facets in everything. Pretty dumb right?

XD, yeah kinda.

We were talking about tornadoes tho, not huricane

Devs don’t see an issue as they stated in patch notes so good luck. :smiley: Sorcs will nuke next ladder like never before. They’re silencing us and using youtubers which had opposite statements during PTR and when patch hit live as damage control.

I specifically remember Llama saying on ptr Blizz Sorc is broken, compared it to Ice Bowazon saying that’s how it should be but patch goes live and he suddenly says it’s all ok and cuts the topic.

They should nerf damage of those top builds to Wind Druid or Bone Necro level. Instead of Sunder Charms remove immunities as base mechanic, keep them on elite packs. Hell will be much more fun to play and without broken damage of top builds it will be at good pace instead of some PoE whole screen clearing.

4 Likes

But then everybody would cry even more about low drop rates and low xp because of slow kill speed

1 Like

Then solution is to just don’t play certain classes? Sounds broken.

1 Like

Best solution? Caster spells are subjected to AR and block check, same as melee/physical builds.

When 1 type of builds has to go through 3 layers of enemy defense (resist, AR, block) while the other only 1 (resist), you know where this would be heading.

Original dev was definitely not thinking straight when allowing spells to ignore AR and block. And people calling d2 best game of all time? With such a grave mistake? Zero arpg on the market right now has as terrible melee/physical builds as this game, for god’s sake.

4 Likes

Don’t forget “the sork is balanced, no need for buffs” in 2.4 … Then they just gave the sork the biggest buff by removing global cooldowns :slight_smile:

There is a clear caster bias on the dev team. Just shift the meta to melee for 20 years.

1 Like

They probably went with Sunder Charms instead of any better solution from forum for marketing purposes as new ladder only items may bring players to check what’s new in game and keep addiction going as they need to be farmed.

1 Like

If you are going to do a direct comparison you shouldnt leave out key factors

Like the one that has to go through 3 defences can also leech life back, also has high defense, also has a higher health pool, can also deal % of health pool damage, prevent monster heal, can cast on hit like amp damage life tap torch firestorm, can have all types of elemental damage added to the physical.

It’s easy to compare just one thing and make it look one sided when you leave out key points.

Spells are high damage that don’t miss, they get NO modifiers

Melee has MANY modifiers as well as higher defences (for the most part)

I’m not saying it’s perfectly balanced, but don’t cherry pick to make it look one sided

5 Likes

Dang, I need to learn how to get these damages on my Endgame sorc. Never had a 55k blizzard before in dps. Mine only ever got to around 8k+, and with -100 rez, thats still only 20k max. where is the extra 35k damage coming from per second?

1 Like

Just play the game to see how one sided it is, no need to cherry pick anything. :wink:

1 Like

Usually while my casters are strong at dealing damage, my melee characters never die, they are usually tank AF. Javazon, decked out barb, decked out paladin. They can usually clear kills super fast with like no risk of death at all.

2 Likes

Just throw max block on you’re casters. They won’t die.