Why Economy Arguments are Utter Garbage (in regards to P8)

Oh boy. This guy actually believes the non-changes are the majority LOL.

Does anyone want to tell him to wake him up to reality?

The for-changes people ARE the majority and the anti-changes people are the vocal minority.

The new difficulty mode with p8 (or even better) exp and p10 (or even better) loot would be ideal, yeah.

I feel like this option gives both pro and anti P8 people what they want. More difficulty, better rewards, more reason for group play but still some areas that can be solo farmed.

1 Like

I mean, the whole point of Player 8 is difficulty scroll. So yeah.

1 Like

Yet another brilliant example of how this game’s drop system rewards effort :clap: shut these p8 fools up danggg

Actually seeing as you kept pointing out how pretty much everyone wants p8 on bnet… I went through the entirely of this thread, reread opinions and made lists for you.

Players in support of p8 on bnet:
1. Vechain
2. Lumpus
3. Bodach
4. Vvin
5. Revenant309
6. Frostraven
7. MicroRNA
8. Reinami
9. Mith
10. ckhoho
11. Hanz
12. MrK9
13. Zahramar

Players opposed to p8 on bnet
1. Firetail
2. Bugles
3. blizzkid
4. Jhaerik
5. swagman
6. KisekNecro
7. Zax
8. Sue
9. TheViking
10. SudianX
11. Deathbourne
12. SalveWarsong
13. Lastai
14. Horky
15. Pede
16. TheHexedOne
17. Alecta
18. SwiftKitten

Neutral or unclear opinions
1. MEDIC
2. Rasalom
3. DarkMaster
4. Kevin28
5. Dstrukd
6. spectr3

13 - Supporting
18 - Opposed
6 - Neutral

That’s hardly an overwhelming majority. And considering the people on the forums are more likely to represent people with problems WITH the state of the game than the average player… it’s not looking good for your argument.

4 Likes

The issue is the definition of effort in a game should not be how LONG you spend doing something. It should be how HARD it was to complete something that rewards the most loot.

Totally reliable list.

1 Like

I mean you are welcome to reread it yourself. I mean you ARE posting here to see others opinions right? I’d assuming reading them would be part of that.

1 Like

Maybe I misunderstood, but it sounded like he joined a Baal game and while they were in the Throne of Destruction he was walking level 2/3 for MF. Which I think is quite a challenge and he got rewarded for it.

I was just trying to say I think this is a good example of how the game does not need changed, people can attain a p8 loot rate by doing things like this and it certainly doesn’t hurt the people who are in that room for the xp

It’s really not difficult (there is pretty much a build for every single class that allows them to solo the game on P8 efficiently). Again, the biggest challenge in the game is having enough time to spend playing it that something will drop of value for you because the actual challenge of killing monsters in the game is non-existant past a certain point (end-game).

2 Likes

Actually, the D2R forum is overrepresented by the no/few changes group who are driven by nostalgia. That is fine to be nostalgic.

Also, it does not need to be a majotity if it is a selectable option. You can simply choose not to use it.

1 Like

Well I 1000% agree that we need more end-game content, something like a 50 level dungeon would be nice that gets harder each level and has enough varied immunities and monster types that we need a full party to effectively reach the end. Just one thought.

More so for some builds/classes than others but I can mostly agree with that. I do think some builds ARE more limited to doing places like Pits/AT than others to effectively farm at p8… and some classes can farm those on P8 at much lower gear levels than others.

To be honest sometimes on my pally I have to manually check to see if I’m on hell or not lol. I’ve did a couple runs on NM before and didn’t even notice until the boss.

Your memory certainly has failed you in your old age.

Oh looks whose back to derail the conversation again.

2 Likes

You forgot that you’re the one who first compared the game to a job, sorry you’re offended for pointing that out. 🤷

You have anything to say about D2?

Yeah, I think comparing D2 to a job and loot to a wage is nuts and indicative of diminished mental ability.

1 Like

What analogy would you like me to use? Weight gain? Mud on boots? Cat’s in a sack? Wheels on a car? Hat’s on a head? Money was just an easy to understand one for most people. I thought…

You’re missing the point. The point being a 2.5x increase isn’t a minor change.