Why aren't you playing ladder?

I actually have knee and leg problem thats why i cannot climb the ladder. I prefer non ladder like escalator or elevator. :smiley: . Thats the reason i stay in non ladder.

4 Likes

Let’s face the fact:
Ladder has its meaning, a lot of meaning. The activities in this forum proves it.

We need accept the result first, then try to figure out why.

Of course, ladder isn’t for everyone. Ladder is not for me, for example. Nothing fits everyone. The main reason stopped me to be a ladder player is simple: I do not have enough free time for this game , the season will end before I get my first enigma.

4 Likes

The only thing i cannot imagine is how the price of items will fluctuate either drop or rise due to ladder and non ladder combine after the season end. Maybe things that are very expensive can become cheaper due to too much supply and drop in demand.

1 Like

I gave it a try. Got my Necro to Hell on my own but stuck in act 4. I get to the steps to where Izzy lives but I cannot make it any further. The Black Souls one shot me before I can make it up the Stairs. Makes me want to stop playing all together. I try to spam my golem to lure the Souls but he runs back too fast and my Dim Vision is to low in level to be effective.

I need to tele up the stairs and I cannot find the required Amulet with a tele charge. A staff won’t work because I need the resists to tank the Souls. I got to Level 76 trying to farm in NM with Gull dagger and 2 piece Tancreds but I have only found ViperMagi armor, nothing else. I get I am supposed to spend months in NM trying to find a teleport amulet but too frustrated.

Game over, Diablo wins. Now I remember why I quit years before D2R.

Just FYI, reset and start a new game until you don’t get souls in second area of act 4, might take couple of tries but game only spawns 3 monsters in an area out of a given set, you will get one eventually without souls. But if you are quitting anyways, GL!

2 Likes

while i respect everyones reason to play ladder or nonladder as they choose they REALLY need to separate ladder and non ladder trading. having one link for both benefits no one.

2 Likes

Ceebs starting from scratch…

Took me ages, but I finally upgraded my Furyzon to what i consider is pretty much end game for her:

• 2/20 gloves with fire resist
  • grand charms from plains to lifers/FHR
  • her small charms, so now I’m rocking perfect resistances (75/80/75/75) <3
  • 2x SOJ

All I need is:

• ETH Titans
  • ETH Vamp Gaze
  • 40ED and 15min/max/ias (?) jewel

Don’t think I can go through the grind all over again :exploding_head:

1 Like

There are a couple of reasons for me not to play ladder.

1. There is really no new thing to play in the ladder. Maybe there are some mid-game runeword, but that doesn’t beat Sorc and Pal in the early games.
  2. There is no trophy to play the ladder. Even if Blizzard can make a super hard challenge in the ladder only and offer 1 single extra skill point, I may have more interests to play.
  3. As to the trade thing, I remembered that some players already had Infinity on Ladder at day 2, let alone several Dclones events in one weeks that means around 500 SOJs. So I have no confidence to have a similar MF efficiency and I still have no SOJ from Non-ladder.
  4. In non-ladder, I have all char played with several builds I am interested. Still, no new things for me in the ladder. Maybe hardcore or other mode will be more interesting than the ladder; however, I have reached the char limits to store my collections.
3 Likes

I have some gear stashed to sell to you for 20 Jah :rofl::rofl:

This isn’t the time for NL to debate about playing ladder or not. This is the time for you to start spending up that wealth that you been working for and build a GG Char to duel in forum/1.

Ladder always been a side chick and NL main chick since day 1.

4 Likes

I can put a down payment of 1 Jah and make 20 consecutive monthly payments. Or one foot scrub and spa day from the soft hands of your friendly fake masseuse :kissing::kissing_smiling_eyes:

however, I have reached the char limits to store my collections.

Ding ding ding. It’s one thing to start all over again, it’s another to force you to delete characters you’ve built up just to have the free slots to play.

1 Like

I posted about this under Site Feedback - let blizzard know your thoughts there :slight_smile:

4 Likes
  • my wealth doesnt carry over, and i need it for all the different builds i want to play

• i dont care about racing or laddering (unless ur in the top 10, who cares - the way the current UI displays it, no one actually selects the 2nd page to read names alone, w/e is displayed on page 1 at a glance is all the is seen by 99% who arent just looking for their own name) - the UI sucks.

• economy resets suck except for ppl for whom that is the game (its always been an annoyance to me)

• i just want more character slots (to play more builds w/o overwriting current ones) and for chat lobby to get fixed so we can modify what we can see…

2 Likes

Started a HC Ladder Sorceress since there are actual HC players there. She will die eventually anyway so I won’t take her seriously nor I will farm for anything.

I have done enough farming since release, I am NOT doing it again for a new character that will expire in 4 months.

1 Like

That is the route I had to take. Thanks.

I never play non-ladder on both D2 and D3. Just losing motivation when geared.

1 Like

wdym expires? Characters switch to non-ladder once ladder season is over and you can upgrade/use them as much as you want on non-ladder afterwards.

I think this is the major reason for ladder .

Ladder = new challenge
And it is fair apply to all the players.

If solo players could use the “P#” command I would be quicker to agree.