Why aren't you playing ladder?

I personally didnt see any reason to start over. The new “Ladder only” items suck.
there i said it.
they suck.

6 Likes

Hey there!
I personally don’t want the reset on Expansion, I don’t see a point in doing everything again, the same way in a proportion of 95%.
The new runewords are for mid-game, I wouldn’t say that they suck in this role.
I actually started a Classic (pre-expansion) character. It’s another experience! That, I like. Things are so different. I am excited for almost everything that drops as it might be good…no runewords help with this feeling but it’s harder!

4 Likes

I’m just here for the market reset tbh. and admittedly it was a lil fun to start from scratch, but I got 2 hell chars now
and also wanna try out hydra orb w/ flickering flame eventually :wink:
Blizz did say these are mid-range runewords to fill in some gaps, so you can’t expect high end stats on them. They didn’t wanna give us another set of powercreep runewords that we’ll all go towards in endgame. Woulda been pointless
but it’s mostly the trading aspect that interests me (not on the forum though lmao, since it’s a mess)

2 Likes

I only started playing online 2 months ago, so that’s already a good enough reset for me.

I also don’t see me playing D2R for real much in the next month so doing ladder now would be rather pointless.

2 Likes

I finally got into pvp and finding end game in ladder seemed redundant. I started a char and got to level 4 and just went back to NL to keep working on my current lineup or planning a new fun build. The beginning grind and stuff was fun but after running a bow zon with 200frw and 6k dmg or a dream + beast pally the grind was tough and so slow and not worth it. Maybe for the next ladder season but like what Onadroig said I don’t think I started soon enough to want it to reset.
And especially since I basically only trade here and one other place the profits aren’t as important as just finding the specific gear and stats I need for my current build.

4 Likes

Ya i only play when i have time too, but since my hammerdin is at 60 now and hell mode i might as well continue. plus i been getting some upgrade here and there :smiley:

2 Likes

Non-Ladder guy here. Never liked the idea of starting over completely after months and months of working towards my characters. Then again I’m not in it for the market trading either. I’m not out to make in-game profits, I’m here to enjoy the game, PvM style. Everyone has their reasoning which is what makes D2 cool, lots of ways to enjoy it. I will say though, NL is pretty dead right now as trading has been rough.

I always said I would play Ladder if they did a little more with the presentation and had rewards. I’m all for grinding and working towards something but they should really offer some trophies or something. Disappointed with that approach but that’s always been the stance.

3 Likes

I took me quite some time to aquire the ‘wealth’ I have NL. I want to try lots of builds that require end game gear & Hrs.
Making a Auradin now and after I beat the game with him (probably tonight) I’m building a Spearzon. I like to get all the gear before I start leveling.
Don’t have a lot of playtime so I don’t feel like starting over again with zero gear / runes.

Only trading in NL is terrible now. I have made a couple of seemingly great deals only to find out people didn’t state correctly that it was a ladder item.

4 Likes

I actually have knee and leg problem thats why i cannot climb the ladder. I prefer non ladder like escalator or elevator. :smiley: . Thats the reason i stay in non ladder.

4 Likes

Let’s face the fact:
Ladder has its meaning, a lot of meaning. The activities in this forum proves it.

We need accept the result first, then try to figure out why.

Of course, ladder isn’t for everyone. Ladder is not for me, for example. Nothing fits everyone. The main reason stopped me to be a ladder player is simple: I do not have enough free time for this game , the season will end before I get my first enigma.

4 Likes

The only thing i cannot imagine is how the price of items will fluctuate either drop or rise due to ladder and non ladder combine after the season end. Maybe things that are very expensive can become cheaper due to too much supply and drop in demand.

1 Like

I gave it a try. Got my Necro to Hell on my own but stuck in act 4. I get to the steps to where Izzy lives but I cannot make it any further. The Black Souls one shot me before I can make it up the Stairs. Makes me want to stop playing all together. I try to spam my golem to lure the Souls but he runs back too fast and my Dim Vision is to low in level to be effective.

I need to tele up the stairs and I cannot find the required Amulet with a tele charge. A staff won’t work because I need the resists to tank the Souls. I got to Level 76 trying to farm in NM with Gull dagger and 2 piece Tancreds but I have only found ViperMagi armor, nothing else. I get I am supposed to spend months in NM trying to find a teleport amulet but too frustrated.

Game over, Diablo wins. Now I remember why I quit years before D2R.

Just FYI, reset and start a new game until you don’t get souls in second area of act 4, might take couple of tries but game only spawns 3 monsters in an area out of a given set, you will get one eventually without souls. But if you are quitting anyways, GL!

2 Likes

while i respect everyones reason to play ladder or nonladder as they choose they REALLY need to separate ladder and non ladder trading. having one link for both benefits no one.

2 Likes

Ceebs starting from scratch…

Took me ages, but I finally upgraded my Furyzon to what i consider is pretty much end game for her:

• 2/20 gloves with fire resist
  • grand charms from plains to lifers/FHR
  • her small charms, so now I’m rocking perfect resistances (75/80/75/75) <3
  • 2x SOJ

All I need is:

• ETH Titans
  • ETH Vamp Gaze
  • 40ED and 15min/max/ias (?) jewel

Don’t think I can go through the grind all over again :exploding_head:

1 Like

There are a couple of reasons for me not to play ladder.

1. There is really no new thing to play in the ladder. Maybe there are some mid-game runeword, but that doesn’t beat Sorc and Pal in the early games.
  2. There is no trophy to play the ladder. Even if Blizzard can make a super hard challenge in the ladder only and offer 1 single extra skill point, I may have more interests to play.
  3. As to the trade thing, I remembered that some players already had Infinity on Ladder at day 2, let alone several Dclones events in one weeks that means around 500 SOJs. So I have no confidence to have a similar MF efficiency and I still have no SOJ from Non-ladder.
  4. In non-ladder, I have all char played with several builds I am interested. Still, no new things for me in the ladder. Maybe hardcore or other mode will be more interesting than the ladder; however, I have reached the char limits to store my collections.
3 Likes

I have some gear stashed to sell to you for 20 Jah :rofl::rofl:

This isn’t the time for NL to debate about playing ladder or not. This is the time for you to start spending up that wealth that you been working for and build a GG Char to duel in forum/1.

Ladder always been a side chick and NL main chick since day 1.

4 Likes

I can put a down payment of 1 Jah and make 20 consecutive monthly payments. Or one foot scrub and spa day from the soft hands of your friendly fake masseuse :kissing::kissing_smiling_eyes:

however, I have reached the char limits to store my collections.

Ding ding ding. It’s one thing to start all over again, it’s another to force you to delete characters you’ve built up just to have the free slots to play.

1 Like