Whirlwind is more limited and nerf

hello all my brother barbarain

today is a very sad time for the tribe

every Two-handed Whirlwind just have a massive nerf all information from blizzard patch use to be false slow weapon end to be a lot slower because the ias requirements is so hight now also a other issue the 4 frame Two-handed Whirlwind break point feel about 200ias for a base 0 weapon , hard to say accurately

about 1 hand expect more ias to reach your break point

easy way to FIX all this mess just remove the basic attack restriction this make any sense and no worry barb will not be op i already calculate everything

i think is a very sad day for barb a class already weak after 1,10 and this show the incompétence thank you

be ready to buy some jewel 40/15ias $$$ :frowning:

1 Like

As far as I know this is not true. The 4 frame breakpoint is not hard to reach and it can’t be exceeded as it is hard coded in the game. There are videos about the new changes already and testing has already happened. You shouldn’t need more than 40ias on gear to reach the breakpoint. Unless you are using an extremely trash slow weapon with no ias on gear. Correct me if I’m wrong though.

I’ve seen this guy spamming absolutely anywhere regarding whirlwind or the 2.4.3 patch, talking about testing and 200 IAS requirements or such.

Everything I’ve seen from testing and videos seems to me that the attack speeds are negligible, but the damage nerf is concerning. The most concerning thing, to me, is the other side of “allowing IAS from all sources” where slows also affect WW attack speeds now. This means you whirl a distance slower AND attack slower. This could be a huge nerf in PvP.

1 Like

It’s working better for me and I have just 40% speed , pVM anyhow , grief and azure wrath all I have atm , so GG devs

1 Like

Well if the Grief is in a pb you wouldn’t notice much of an attack speed issue anyway with 40 IAS.

this expose you dont know anything about barb and d2 and are casual

sure you will dont feel the change using a fast weapon -30 phase blade and with Grief on the top
but playing with a zerker axe or other slower weapon you will feel the bad change ,
exposing you are noob , you are suppose to know and understand what basic attack ias table mean
also playing a 2 hand weapon base speed 0 ask crap load of ias

so just continue to be cluess and juge that have more knowlege of you and play your phase blade Grief lol

1 Like

Clean that up and repost please. I want to take you seriously, but it’s hard to.

1 Like

dont look so sure now :rofl: :rofl:

Quoting me now? Jesus get a life, you are pathetic lol.

Yeah… no. I only use Zerker axes and I’m killing considerably faster since the update. The use of LoH and Highlords is plenty IAS and The skill dmg Nerf is negligable compared to them fixing the hit check mechanic and fixing the short WW mechanic.

just too helping you too understand , playing with 2 hand weapon is a massive nerf you lost 30 to 50% damage this is prove already mean 2 hand weapon just there pole axe and spear mastery are dead also all mastery having two hand , mean 58% of the barb mastery just die ,

ok this out of the way

only left are 1 hand weapon ,

ok let go all slower weapon from +20 +10 also no match ,

0 base weapon are playable but you will need around 63% ias compare before only 35% ias also the other issue

you need to be over cap for holy freez and decrepify dont affect you so you are stuck with some item that need ias compare before NOT ,

yes you are allow to use 0 weapon but with more restriction , if you want to feel a buff from this patch you have to be a frenzy whirlwind hybrid something not all barbarian like ,

so too dont get debuff is better or a lot more easy too use -30 weapon

i hope this answer your question :v:

I consent with the author. This is a massive nurf. They even nurfed the ww on cold damage and decripify. Sure, you can now add ias from armors. But to reach 4 frame ww, you need to add significant amount of ias from armors (different total ias requirement from before the patch). This makes Colossus Blade Grief a trash and your choice is left with ugly looking Berserker Axe and Zweihander for BvB duel. Let me elaborate more here. For BvB, you basically need cham’ed armor to get away from losing a ton of frame (the cold damage). You also need 35% more ias from armor when using 40%ias CB grief (39ias CB grief is now unusable only 40ias one does). So YES, this is a massive nurf whether they intended or not. To be clear, this was not clearly addressed in the official patch note (if you read carefully, it only states good things lmao). They really should revert the patch on Whirlwind back to what is was unless they just want to make barb useless char in this game.

4 Likes

They destroyed PvP now they destroy barb. So dumb imo

1 Like