I've figured out the whirlwind breakpoints for slow bases

you’re not hitting 4 BP, 5 is max

Using a ghost spear or greater poleaxe? Thought I read in your post that you need 81 ias to reach the 4 frame breakpoint. Is 4 unattainable now completely? And it’s actually 5 you reach?

Using botd gs or gpa?? Can you edit your post? Post Says you hit 4.

why you think blizzard hide the new formula :slight_smile:

The answer is in the table at the very beginning of the post

Can 1h reach 4 frames? Or are they capped at 5 also?

lmao yea big expert you look funny now dont look too sure

yes you reach 4 frame with 1 hand :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy:

I never said I was an expert, learn to English. Yes it’s 5 instead of 4, I said 40ias instead of 41ias. Testing is testing. Don’t be so butthurt over a post Charley boy.

Where did you extract it from?

Additional tests, fanatism works in WW now. I checked whether you could do huge damage by getting free hits using a BOTD Thundermaul with very short wws with 125ias in total. Then I let an act1 faith merc accelerate Ebotd with a level 15 fana aura:

It seems like the first two hits at frame 4 and 9 are free, independent from weapon speed. With faith merc my longer WWs became better but I didn’t clear much faster than before.

On a side note, WW sin is back with a bang:

She is viable now.

This is disingenuous. You are actually 25% slower (5 frames vs 4 frames). You only needed an additional 30 IAS in IK maul to reach 4 frames. This means you would use two ed/ias jewels to max WW damage or go 2 ias jewels or shael runes if you couldn’t afford some ed/ias to reach max frame.

You are actually picking up Bleed at a cost of 25% DPS (not counting the weapon damage loss from ED/IAS jewels) .

The other issue is that IK lacks survival to run Ubers. The set barely gives you max resistance with just a single point in natural resistance (8 with BC and +skills from IK set). You are effectively at uncapped resistance of 98 fire, 70 cold, 101 lightning, and 80 poison. The DR on the set is only 20% and the armor defense is barely equivalent to a 117% ED on a sacred armor.

Wisp is rare but is exponentially cheaper than a Um + Lo/Ber. In fact you can get 2x 35% ed/15 IAS jewels + a Wisp for less than either a Lo or Ber…

i`m not butt hurt i just smile of you , you come too other topic too discredit them showing you know the answer ,and after showing you dont have a clue of what you talking ,and looking for answer

Beast is garbage. The weapon damage can’t even come close to BOTD or Grief.

Going with A1 Faith merc over A2 might merc with Pride is also a major damage loss.

Where exactly are the gains?

1 Like

Dude, why are you attacking me? WTF is your problem? I am testing setups with the new change. I am not the one making those changes. Did I say those changes are good or should be kept?
Learn English and some manners first. Go to feedback forum and cry to blizzard employees. I AM NOT ONE OF THEM.
I won’t answer to you ever again.

3 Likes

What you have quoted is raw analysis. Please refrain from using words like “disingenuous”. I specifically wanted to examine the case with open wounds, because that is what I was excited for in this change.

I don’t understand what is the rest of your post is trying to say. Just picking on unrelated details here. I’ve already concluded that IK barb became arguably worse.

IK barb is garbage tier now, not just worse.

Than base your analysis on 4 frames that every WW build with IK actually reached instead of the 6 frames. In 2.4 and before, there was no logical reason why anyone wouldn’t want the 50% DPS increase through the 30% IAS in weapon. You also can improve the weapon ED up to an additional 80%.

UBERS in IK is a fools errand. At least in HC :sunglasses:

this will be 110 % so much easy blizzard just have too give us a update on the change compare to hide this is just so unprofessional with the lack of communication with the community

so plz my brother barb stop fighting each other he all find he getting nerf for 2 hand and slower weapon

I have corrected one of the breakpoints (0 base, 5 frame). Figured that it was impossible when trying to crack the code due to how rounding works (80=81 in some forumla). Correct breakpoint for 5 frame attacks on 0-speed base is 89.

1- just to be in 5 frame is inacceptable the dps lost is so huge
2- all the ias gear requirements is also to much and end with dps lost

mean two hand is dead probelme fix

about 1 hand -30 and -10 weapon will rule not sure about 0 base weapon zerker

For the sake of clarity, would you mind including a frame table for what it used to be in the OP for those not versed in the nuance?