Where do you buy your gear?

i trade on the website that has single handed keeping diablo 2 alive and has been for over a decade, d2jsp.

there are different ways to accumulate wealth in D2

1. Grinding relentlessly by having no life and increasing your odds to get big drops
  2. sheer luck
  3. trading up
  4. Having an Uber farming team
  5. Having tons of FG on jsp from botting and exploiting in original LOD

So for me 1,2,4,5 was not an option, so I can only get my wealth from 3.
Although i grinded about 100 meph runs a day in the first week (when servers were not down at least), but I didnā€™t find any of those items at that time, only a viper :smiley:

The highstest things I found so far:
2 Gul runes
1 Ohm runes
1 Ist
2 Mal

2 Shako
1 Tal amu
1 Tal armor
2 Occu
1 WT
1 Arach

My current gear value is about 7-8 Ber Runes. The above things are definitely not worth 7 Ber runes.

1 Like

you forgot one method of acquiring gear. which was the topic of my post i believe.

I play so much that I donā€™t need to buy stuff.
just play with what I loot.

Donā€™t need end game gear to play the game normally lol

1 Like

Jspā€™er: We donā€™t ruin the economy of a new ladder because someone has to find the items first.
Also Jspā€™er: Check this out Enigma in 24 hours.

If you watched the video he traded purely in-game and he plays non-ladder.
Get easily rekt Mith :sunglasses:

The argument you make is there are no items to buy until people have found them. But then thereā€™s Enigma is 24 hours. Youā€™re trash.

1 Like

I know JSP has its cons and drawbacks but can you help me understand how that person getting enigma in 24 hours somehow ruin the economy?

Affording an enigma through JSP at the beginning of ladder is so expensive that even among jspā€™ers, only the super rich can afford the high runes in the inflated price or someone with a lot of real life money.

He may have gotten enigma in the first 24 hours but itā€™s absolutely true that someone ā€˜hadā€™ to find the runes in the game for him. They werenā€™t massively dupedā€¦ so how does a few jspers getting items early on ruin the economy for all??

Although gaining such items early does a lot for his personal flexing, what other advantages does he have? Maybe farming a bit more efficiently?? Gearing up for pvp much early? The huge part of this game is about mfā€™ing to get the bis items. He missed all of that. So he is only much closer to losing interest in the game or ā€˜current ladderā€™.

Again, I know JSP has its flaws but I really want to know how the economy was ruinedā€¦ itā€™s not like they duped the items massively to sell to jsper. All items had to be found in game by someone.

This is different thread ? Are you confused ? Have fever ? :slight_smile:

Thousands of players frequent JSP website to sell their found items ASAP in the beginning of ladder because good items are at inflated price. Of those thousands, there is someone lucky enough to find Jah or Ber in the first 24 hours of game. Rich jsper buys them off of those lucky players.

One person building enigma in 24 hours = obviously there are more people finding the components to Enigma and other high end items right off the bat. Thereā€™s no lag time to items appearing in a fresh economy.

Now someone from JSP comes along and, without having to find any items of value on their own, buys gear with previously earned forum gold.

Negates the idea that everyone starts over and is on a level playing field.

Do you have multiple personalities that your opinions differ from thread to thread? Or is troll your only personality.

I agreed with that sentiment. They donā€™t truly start from zero. So in a sense it ruins the spirit of competition.

How does it ruin the economy though??

In a barter economy such as D2R is, players taking items out of the supply without contributing their own items to the supply, by using a currency that exists outside the game, has no function in the game, cannot be acquired within the game, carries over from previous ladders (and other games), and exists in stockpile (see ā€œrich jspersā€), compromises the bartering system by shifting it to a currency system and is a barrier of entry for new players who do not have a stockpile of said currency and must start from scratch.

Triggered that much that you spam unrelated topic ? I like it you smell desperate Mithie.

Out of some tens of thousands of people that play d2r (I donā€™t know the exact figure), people that afford Enigma on JSP so early in the game is very few. Even if they consumed some Jah or Ber runes in the first 24 hours, the overall supply of the high runes isnā€™t impacted significantly. In other words, the overall supply and demand of items arenā€™t impacted in a significant way to inconvenience the players that donā€™t use JSP.

If people duped items to supply the items, that would be a different story. That would impact the economy in a significant way. Same with bots running 24/7 to farm items. No evidence that jspers obtained the items this way although the website has some history with bots and hacks in the past (That was a long time ago).

Bro, this you? 20spams

Jspers tout that they have this many users in and of themselves, and theyā€™re not far from the mark. Their community is large, active, and for better or worse (the answer is worse) has a significant impact on the general economy.

Ok, if you are talking about the whole JSP community and not only the ones rich enough in real life or in fg to afford enigma in the first 24 hours of game starting, then yes we are talking about a lot of players.

The fact that so many players flock to JSP probably means that itā€™s not the JSP thatā€™s flawed but rather itā€™s Blizzard.