When can we expect Terror Zones in SP?

Iv been looking forward to playing the new patch. How long till i can expect it on single player. SP has a lot of people putting in hard work to earn items themselves and now cant play the long anticipated new patch. Will it be when season two ends or anytime sooner?

7 Likes

And for Classic too, I am not sure if it is available there?

1 Like

Yes. Probably after Ladder2.

2 Likes

If you want the new charms i can send them to you on offline save file. If you want to increase area level, it has to be done with some modding. But i could send you file again and explain how to do it manualy.

The lack of updates on this has been disheartening. Terror Zones and Sunder charms are two of the smartest game design decisions ever for D2, and not allowing them to be experienced by all the solo/offline players is a huge shame.

When they was announced I was so hyped to get back into the game after burning out on running the same couple areas (and finding zero high runes, like always). Sunder charms and Terror Zones would add so much variety to how I play the game (enabling me to find zero high runes in new and exciting ways, lol). But preventing offline players from experiencing these cool new features is a real motivation killer.

I have read their rationale for not implementing this online-only initially, where they also said that they’re “considering” or “looking into” adding them to single player. But it was phrased in a very non-committal way, which I have to say doesn’t inspire a ton of confidence.

As far as I know, we haven’t heard anything since then. I’m dying to hear some kind of update from the devs on this. I sincerely hope there will be a patch in the next couple weeks to fully implement these features for everyone.

3 Likes

Looking at how long it took them to give us Dclone and Ubers I’d say about… 17 years? give or take a month >.>

Sure, but at they did give us those in D2R, which is great. Though that’s also why I was surprised that offline got left out this time. I thought we’d finally progressed to a point where both offline and online would be updated in unison for major new features like this.

1 Like

make a private game.

Yeah we need this on sp!!!

2 Likes

This is, of course, not a replacement for a feature being implemented offline. If you don’t play offline, that’s fine… but just telling people “lol play online then” is meaningless.

3 Likes

Not really. Devs should waste zero time with baddies who play SP. Not that I care if you get TZ or the charm or whatever, but still coddling lames isn’t worth it.

The way people manage to get all bizarrely elitist about playing online is so wild. Just the most unfathomably clownish behavior.

5 Likes

I think this is a big part of why you got the kind of response you did. not so much the online aspect

They explicitly reacted to the offline aspect. The mere existence of offline gets some people incredibly worked up, even though it’s been part of the game since launch.

As for the charms and terror zones, whether you like them or not is irrelevant to whether online and offline should have the same features. And if disliking the features makes people think it’s fine to troll a thread about online vs offline implementation of new mechanics, that’s… incredibly goofy.

2 Likes

Could easily argue that playing offline is for clowns as well. It isn’t about being elite. Why spend any time on trash sub-game mode of the actual game? Honestly would have been nice if they deleted SP for remastered tbh.

This is exactly what I’m talking about with how viciously irrational some people get about offline literally just existing, even when it has zero impact on you. It’s… fascinating.

4 Likes

But it does. Devs wasting time on an irrelevant subsect of the game, delays better changes overall because they have to worry about the 5 idiots playing SP. It isn’t irrationality, I’m fine if they get TZ/Charms/whatever, just think they should ignore SP until online play is finished and stop coddling idiots. But pretending like SP isn’t negative impact is even more amusing than me not giving a F about the 4 of you.

When I can ./playersX for a challenge when leveling in HC or so I can increase drop and difficulty when jumping on at 1am MST then we can talk about gutting SP

Until then, I’ll continue to have fun leveling on player difficulty in HC :wink:

Do you. I’m all for it, see he thinks it is some crazy viewpoint. I personally don’t care if SP gets TZ or gets deleted. I think the game mode is a waste of effort, but it is what it is. If you’re having fun, keep on rocking in the free world.

My man, I’m sorry to inform you that the devs have spent way more time over the last two decades adjusting features to be limited to online only than they ever have implementing something for single player that already existed for online. Surely you understand that it’s the same base game? Right? You must know this, right?

If they got rid of the idea of restricting content to one mode or the other entirely, it would be less work overall.

Whatever features or bugfixes you believe aren’t happening because of the existence of single player… simply don’t exist. That’s never been the reason something hasn’t gotten done. You’re angry about a fantasy.

1 Like