What's up with bnet queues? This sucks

I try to stay positive in this forum, I really do. But these queues suck man.
20-30 minutes to log into battle.net is waaaay too long of a wait.

So what’s the problem? Is this a new standard thing that we should expect to keep seeing? Or is this just a problem with servers? Is it going to be fixed? I’m curious as to what’s going on here because it has been going on for nearly a week now.

9 Likes

They are in the process of fixing the issue. Obviously it won’t happen over night since it takes time.

Apparently not by the end of the week either. This has been going on for awhile now.

All I know is that I’m hitting a 20 minute marker for my queue, it started at 105, and it’s only at 64 now as I make this post.

Hell of a wait time.

4 Likes

All I know is they need to do a damn region lock, as a player in North America working graveyard shift all I want to do is come home in the morning and be able to jump on some D2R, but being greeted by a queue of 170 or more is ridiculous… come on blizzard. There should not be a queue in North America at 7:00am unless players from other regions are overloading the servers.

7 Likes

Leave your game running 24/7 in the background. You won’t have a queue again until the game decides to crash on you.

It hasn’t been mentioned by Blizz, but there have been a many attempts at duping items, and DDoS attacks are a primary way of doing that.

It really sucks, and it’s put a damper on my desire to play, but they have to gate login attempts to prevent that type of thing. That’s why there’s a queue at 7am in the US. It’s not demand from legitimate players.

So about 20 minutes until you gotta sit in que again.

I’ve been in the queue for 25 minutes myself and will probably have to wait another 15. A 40 minute queue is ridiculous.

2 Likes

This is prime time for people over in Asia. South Korea has a TON of people that play this game.

That equates to about 1 hour. LOL

I’ve been in queue for 1 hour 30 minutes.

The queue popped twice but it failed to connect and put me back at the beginning of the queue.

I’m still in queue.

1 Like

gotta supply all those 3rd party sites somehow huh.

In my experience the queue is worst in the morning (US) and pretty much disappears around 9AM PST / noon EST.

It’s a global authentication server that has the bottleneck causing the queue. Region locks won’t help because people connecting to their regions server and you connecting to yours still have to go through this same global system. It’s not an ideal setup but blizzard did it this way and here we are stuck waiting in line.

1 Like

love that ya poof and now waiting in queue bye bye all that stuff you had and or dropped momentarily, rip any ubers that poof I never do them alone now thanks blizzard.

I don’t presume to know what their setup is, but if that is truly the case seems like an idiotic way to have it setup. But what do I know.

I read that it was already being worked on and that the queues on Friday afternoon or evening should hopefully disappear again. If that’s not the case, I’m really pissed off. have all the programmers left and are programming Gobol again?

What I don’t understand is how the authentication server is possibly this slow. I’ve played many games with queues before - even in just dime a dozen Korean grind MMOs if you’re like number 30,000 in the queue you’ll be logged in in like a few minutes. The D2 queue seems to be able to process like 6 people a minute. Is there someone manually validating each request? lol

The only thing I can think of is maybe there’s really thousands of queues used as a weird psychological trick to make it look like you’re sooner in line than you really are. Say queue 0 - 20,000 and it slots you into one queue then goes queue by queue doing like maybe 10 logins per queue.

I am at 90 minutes here, this is not acceptable. I have nothing useful, I am just pissed and needed to rant.

1 Like

Yeah, last night I had two occurrences where I was in-game playing, then got random DC’d and had to wait in a queue AGAIN, TWICE, to be able to log back in and play.

lol

It just needs to be fixed man ^^