What Else to Expect Season 6?

I actually skimmed through/rewatched the video. The answer to the funding question was basically he couldn’t say, but it was a balancing act since D2 was created as a boxed game, and in today’s world, live service is expected (obviously, modern games can still be boxed games, but this is not usually so for games with online play). He said it would be easy to throw a battle pass system into the game, but then it wouldn’t feel like D2 and be accepted by the players.

While not said outright, the plan was for seasonal updates. He mentions this during the Druid wereform attack speed change where if they found most players hated it, it’s a live service game and that they could change it next season.

Anyways, thinking of playing a Skele Warrior and Bonespear Necro for season 6. Have not played Necro since pre-season, and I enjoyed playing my Summon/Bonespear Necro in D4 this season. Won’t play but a week until FF7 Rebirth comes out, but it will be a good break from D4 until Season 4.

i told you from season 3
i guess you start too understand now

I was hoping maybe they would move Cain back by the waypoint in act 5 at least.
:older_man:

7 Likes

:thinking: :roll_eyes: you make my day :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: , d2 and d4 are just sad game

your 110% right

1 Like

Yeah right, it’s too complicated for them to change an x,y spawn/loiter position for a NPC. They’d need to hire a full time dev just to figure that one out… Plus the fragmented source code from the original teams near fatal mishap… And the fact that it’s 25 year old code…
Way too expensive to figure that one out…

One of them could probably make the change remoted into their PC from their phone while birthing a fudge dragon.

:rofl:

1 Like

I do think their message was quite clear, As I interpret it:

L:adder will reset Feb 22nd, do not expect any changes/updates.

I mean, there wasn’t much to read into … pretty simple message.

Unless I missed something, hmmmm …

Continuing the discussion from Diablo II: Resurrected Season 6 begins February 22:

I think they know that he hate it, but the order comes from the top. So what should they say?

d1 d2 d3 d4 is done

blizzard just dont have the talent anymore for diablo game , just let it go

only reason i chat a bit today and wasting time is my traning day off
blizzard is a dead horse

your best hope is to wait for poe2

I wish this thread didn’t turn into a rip on blizzard thread. Might have gotten a response with more congeniality but I understand the frustration.

0 frustration for my part but also 0 hope

for me blizzard is not a place for gaming anymore but only posting

1 Like

When did they say that they would introduce seasonal themes? I cant remember that one… I think at this point people are making up things cuz they are so upset at Blizzard’s incompetency.

1 Like

Given some of the comments posted in the interviews here, I was hoping they would do things like take another pass at the WW 2H BP stealth nerf and maybe continuing some gentle balancing of under performing builds in the same scope as the 2.4 changes. I also wish they would consider some minor changes to Terror Zones. I think the idea was cool but implementation has room for improvement with the abundance of player feedback they’ve received.

I’d love currency tab, base weapon damage scaling, potential changes to “to hit” calculation, Unique/Set item buff to make them relevant vs. RW, etc. but I know that’s definitely out of scope.

I also wish they’d do something about Mosaic, since it’s very “D3” to me in terms of changing the skills, and clearly pushes power creep, but at this point the cat is also out of the bag, so it would suck for players who invested in the build to have it nerfed, although I think there’s room for a middle ground where it still performs very well, but not as well as right now.

Oh well, I still have had fun, and continue to have fun, with the game these last almost 3 years, so it is what it is.

You’re right they didn’t actually said, that they would make similar D3 seasons/ladders (or something new) for D2R, but they did say that D2:R will be a LIVE SERVICE GAME and in my definition of that is, updates, communication with the playerbase, feedback and testing. And all we got are TZ’s (which are ok), but the charms are pretty bad, I mean hell (besides ubers and most of act 5) were somewhat challenging (if you want to play with your brain turned on that is and not play sorc/hammerdin who both do 20+ times more damage than a Bowzon with a Faith equipped), now you can pretty much rofl through everything with almost every build.

1 Like

expect nothing, i last play are s02, nothing is interesting after that… i was hoping after 3 season there will be some meaningfull patch to return.
but jeez now there is no single fix / new change. i think there is no dev / team in d2r now. rip

absolutely nothing :joy: :joy: :joy:

mosaic players are a plague and should have their accounts deleted

2 Likes

i just want lvl 99 terror zones so that its actually worth getting up to 99 and using those characters.

lvl 96 tzones are cool and all, but just imagine… increased density + more challenge

/drool

don’t you mean

more drops

more money in your pocket?

Level 96 is the limit for normal monters. Champs can be 98 and unique monsters 99.
Getting exp and loot was never as easy as it is now.

More challenge sure… you mean more loot and more exp.
Do you guys ever get enough?

TZs, Sundercharms and Mosaic are the worst things they ever implemented.

If you like playing a gem simulator…