What Else to Expect Season 6?

Continuing the discussion from Diablo II: Resurrected Season 6 begins February 22:

Is there going to be any patch notes, with updated runewords or bug fixes? Is this it?

1 Like

Nothing, D2R has officially in maintainance mode from now on. Only ladder reset every once in a while

1 Like

[citation needed]

5 Likes

OK, you’re right, there have not been any official announcements saying the game is officially in maintenance mode…

However, next to nothing as far as communication as well as lack of updates leans towards the idea being true.

It’s a given that regular updates aren’t happening. A surprise update could still happen. I’m not getting my hopes up though. Even if one does come, I’m not getting my hopes up of it being anything credible towards making this game better.

1 Like

Did they ever announce that Diablo 2 went on maintainance mode? Do we all agree that D2 1.14d is in maintainance mode for the past 13 years?

Did ya’ll even actually consider the fact that the company owners are interested in the game and having just taken over need/want to keep the game going [by resetting the ladder] but still need time to figure out “the books” and what they do or don’t want to do with what they have??? I mean look at all the games, all the staff, all of the management of the acquired company combined with that of the acquiring company and all the meetings that need to take place and all the channels every thought/idea have to go through … that’s a lot of damned mileage.

I mean they took over during the holiday season and are still getting situated. New owners = new hope for new changes … but it still takes time.

I would not be the least surprised at all that if changes are coming to the game, nothing will be announced until 2nd quarter. The reset buys them time to figure it all out, while allowing you to continue to play the game.

The fact that there will be a ladder reset at all shows that their is interest still there … think about it.

Ever stop and think about the game being a remaster, and aside from Terror Zones, Sunder charms and rune words, all we’ll likely get if anything else are quality of life updates and bug fixes? IMO that is a more realistic agenda for a “remaster” of what is a going on 24 year old game.

Why oh why didn’t they just name this game “Diablo II : Remastered”.

That’s reaching hard… Yeah, they reset the ladder countless times in the OG, and it hasn’t had any gameplay updates since 2010.

It’s not hard to push a few buttons.

Yet, they still take the time to actually push those buttons.

They did. Hence, the “R” in D2R.

Resurrected/Remastered, same thing.

But, you can argue that “resurrected” means they intend on doing more. And, “remastered” means, that’s it, we’re done.

Semantics. Used to dig deeper and harder to gouge a point.

Regardless. That was the doing of the previous owners, not the new ones. Eventually they will announce their intentions, whether you like them or not. Just have to wait and see … It is, after all is said and done, now theirs to do with as they see fit. They own it now.

This deal was in the works for quite a while before it ever was announced. A lot of shady stuff was done in the meantime to show good, strong numbers to push sales so they could get top dollar for the company, and bobby’s golden parachute.

Now time to recoup that money spent and make more money in the future. They may just axe the entire D franchise.

Here are the patch notes:

11 Likes

I was hoping Blizzard will address botting issue. Other than that, I can’t wait to create an Assassin which I’ll be focusing on Mosaic build for Ladder Season 6.

1 Like

Yep Jedi is right, they said “D2R will be a LIVE SERVICE GAME with constant updates QoL changes and seasonal themes, which have the chance to be implemented as core element into the standard game”, yet they do jack :poop: now, since :drum: :roll_of_toilet_paper: … there is no MTX shop (Path of Exile has), no useless uncreative bland Battlepass (D4 has) or P2W option (Immoral has).

1 Like

That’s my official appeal to the gaming community for a less apologetic approach. Whenever I see an opinion saying “they are trying to figure things out” I am trying to see the same understanding when we buy other products… Blizzard sucks… I don’t even know why we still play it — are we that addicted to it that we can just let it slide? The game isn’t getting simple touches, such as objects update (so many of them are useless — Atma’s Wail, I’m talking to you), skills update, three new quests for a4. Is it too many lines of code in the times when we have games like Horizon or Avatar? I mean, how hard is it?

To my knowledge, they never said this. All of the pre-release interviews were pretty consistent that they wanted to hit release with the current OG 1.14d patch intact and then listen to player feedback.

What really was said:
From there we’ll see what the community wants. We don’t really make a boxed product anymore, where we give it to you and we’re done with it. It’s a live game, a live service. We’ll continue to have that relationship between us and the community as they start playing it.

GamesBeat: Is new content on the table, like an Act VI? Is that a possibility?

Gallerani: I will never deny it. It’s not on the table right now. But it’s not off the table either. Like I said, we’re focused on getting that authentic, nostalgic experience right. Even smaller things, like retuning how the blizzard works, or maybe making a build that’s not a Hammerdin, new runewords, new items, those are all really exciting things, but we want to make sure we stick the landing first. As long as the community says, “Yeah, you did good,” then we can have the next discussion.

However, with Rob no longer with Blizzard, and the Blizzard Albany team being one of the two teams on seasons for D4, this seems to have been put on hold or terminated with no official word from Blizzard via either a dev, the Diablo GM, nor the Diablo Community Management team.

[type or paste code here](https://venturebeat.com/games/the-retrobeat-diablo-ii-resurrected-readies-for-launch-during-a-dark-time-at-blizzard/)

The future

GamesBeat: What is the post-launch support going to look like for Resurrected?

Gallerani: Right when we come out, we won’t have [a ranked] ladder. The reason we’re doing that is because we’re also going to be watching the game to continually support it as it comes out. With ladder, obviously it’s a race to hit level 99. The moment the clock turns over and everyone jumps in, we want that to be as smooth an experience as possible. Right now we can definitely commit to supporting the game, improving that experience for everyone, and hitting the start of our first — well, I don’t even know what season we’re on in real ladder, but we’ll probably call it the first season of ladder in Resurrected.

From there we’ll see what the community wants. We don’t really make a boxed product anymore, where we give it to you and we’re done with it. It’s a live game, a live service. We’ll continue to have that relationship between us and the community as they start playing it.

Here’s the article of the interview with the lead dev.

https:// venturebeat. com/games/the-retrobeat-diablo-ii-resurrected-readies-for-launch-during-a-dark-time-at-blizzard/

Wait guess we read the same one xD. But yeah in MY reading/understanding/meaning comprehension, Live Service/Live Game means not letting it rot on a sidewalk, but rather continuous upgrades/updates, experimental seasonal themes which might resolve in being implemented into the core game and so on. Hell even D3 gets more love every season, while D2R gets a (from 4 month a season) now irregular Ladder reset. It’s just sad… and I dont even wanna start getting into the botting/duping and more annis falling from the sky, than rain in London.

2 Likes

It’s like Jedi said, they don’t give a :poop: . Why? Cuz this game neither has a (mtx) shop, P2W trash like Immoral or a BP like D4, that’s why they’re letting it rot, even though they lied and said D2R will be a LIVE SERVICE GAME and to go hand in hand with the community for suggestions for improvement, which never happened.
Few examples:

• Lootfilter with integrated ilvl display (for removing complete garbage like ETH Morningstars from your vision and showing you what ilvl charms for rerolling and amus for crafting are).
  • Stackable currency stashtab for runes/organs/keys/rejuvs/gems yet, which would lower the needed amount of mules by like 4-5 (for currency alone) to 2-3 for jewels/bases/uniques/sets/charms
  • Since they can’t (and probably never will be able to) stop those scammers from D2JSP (+ other sites) and bots letting Annis rain from the sky like confetti on carnival, why not make a new cube recipe? F.e 3 Annis + 1 Standard of Heroes = Get a new Anni / Maybe a Torch one too? 3 Torches + 1 Standard of Heroes = new random Torch

I don’t get into the balancing, cause this is just a big joke in itself, when a bowzon with FAITH does less damage and is slower than a pala/sorc with double spirit.

On the whole mtx shop thing, there was a livestream with Rob through an online school where the question was posed about how D2R was being funded, I can’t remember his answer, but I remember it wasn’t much of one. I’d assume it would just be a budgeted small team from franchise sales as a whole since the other two new Diablo games (DI and D4) have a cash shop.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1512466801?filter=all&sort=time

Well I guess we can all agree on that they said, they would at least do seasonal themes and go for more QoL updates like lootfilters and just straight up lied and betrayed the whole fanbase (again).

I actually skimmed through/rewatched the video. The answer to the funding question was basically he couldn’t say, but it was a balancing act since D2 was created as a boxed game, and in today’s world, live service is expected (obviously, modern games can still be boxed games, but this is not usually so for games with online play). He said it would be easy to throw a battle pass system into the game, but then it wouldn’t feel like D2 and be accepted by the players.

While not said outright, the plan was for seasonal updates. He mentions this during the Druid wereform attack speed change where if they found most players hated it, it’s a live service game and that they could change it next season.

Anyways, thinking of playing a Skele Warrior and Bonespear Necro for season 6. Have not played Necro since pre-season, and I enjoyed playing my Summon/Bonespear Necro in D4 this season. Won’t play but a week until FF7 Rebirth comes out, but it will be a good break from D4 until Season 4.

i told you from season 3
i guess you start too understand now

I was hoping maybe they would move Cain back by the waypoint in act 5 at least.
:older_man:

7 Likes