Werewolf and Werebear skills are useless in PTR

Make attack speed for Fury work like at D2R launch so we can benefit from equipment IAS, and reach new breakpoints like 3 FPA, not 10 max like in PTR

Although I agree (and so do the devs) druid needs a good amount of further tuning. I’m really enjoying hurricane werewolf build with summons and an A3 fire merc. I think A1 fire merc (with proper gear just like A3) could be a good choice for this build

If the double dip of wIAS is not back, Fury can’t reach 3f even without IAS cap. 4f is feasible, but require more than 200 total ias (weapon+non weapon) and Fana.

How about they increas the scaleing of the IAS bonus on the werewolf skill, so that on high skill lvl we can reach that desierd 4f spot? Or add IAS bonus ro Fury, that would be additive, for that same purpose.

as long as the EIAS is capped at 75, nothing will cahnge
EIAS provided by werewolf is already close to max

I would rather fix Trang’oul complete set cast speed. That is the set no one use since it slow cast speed greatly.

1 Like

They completely missed the mark on this change, this is why people were afraid of this patch in the first place. Whenever blizzard says we don’t intend to change any core mechanics you know what’s coming. Can’t help but agree with no change purists on this particular point they totally scuffed the shapeshifter in this update

Just read the patch update, they are literally saying that “people should just experiment with other weapons”.

These devs have no clue about playing d2.

That’s why this patch has a few good ideas but implemented very badly. Druid got hit the worst but there is also the mage skeleton buff, druid summon buff, orb / blizzard timeout removal, PvP considerations, they don’t know what they are doing.

How about they increas the scaleing of the IAS bonus on the werewolf skill, so that on high skill lvl we can reach that desierd 4f spot? Or add IAS bonus ro Fury, that would be additive, for that same purpose.

Obvious solution to this, they will get to it after they keep receiving tons of compaints. But how painful to witness this is.

1 Like

Capping fpa at 3 might not be easy overall, but it is for druids as a shaper. However you have assas as well

Druids wereshapes was capped at 3 fpa due to 200eias cap upon launch.
I Even tried with bows which has less FramesPrDirection then polearm but yet no success. The reason assa could reach 1 frame within 200eias was due to claws having 11 FramesPrDirection with animation speed of 208.

Just gonna QUOTE myself from some where else to faster explain:
Shapers:
Shapers has 1 human animation speed and 1 shaped animation speed, both are handeled when it comes to calculating attack speed.
So here we need to use full formula. The human shape makes a change in AnimSpeed.

Frames pr Direction and AnimRate:
AnimRate & WeponBase: Ref. ‘could not link in post’
So AnimRate here does vary by wep and class. Usually animrate is 256, but it may differ, like forexample assa with claw/claws its 208.
WSM IS INVERTED IN THIS FORMULA!!! (WSM * -1) prior to using it.

NeutralFrame(NU):
NU WereWolf: 9
NU WereBear: 10

Werebases:

• For the wolf and bear forms the A1 (right paw swing)and A2 left paw swing) sequence are their normal attack length WereBear=12, WereWolf=13.
  • For the S3 sequence (biting attack animation) the lengths are WereBear=10, WereWolf=10. (sound of bear is 13 ^^)
  • (MadeUpWord–>)AnimRate1 = 100, unless chilled where it becomes 50. Im unsure about how the rest of the slow acts, if it’s directly subtract to AnimRate1, or if it is a subtract to WSM or SIAS.
    Anyway, it should work the same. But if max slow ammount is 100(chilled + 50% from either skills(golem/hf) or items(Gleglaws etc). If the total ammount of slow can be more than 100, then i would assume
    that: Chilled subtracts to AnimRate1, SkillSlow Subtracts to SIAS, ItemSlow subtracts to WSM. And that each is max 50%. But this is just guesses, hope some1 can explain me the max values of slow.

Shape Formulas:
Delay = [256x(WeaponBase) / [(weapon ias+wsm+100)xAnimRate/100]]
Anim speed = [NU x 256 / delay]
Speed increase/EIAS = [120 x ias / (120 + ias)] + skill ias + wsm *(IAS is both wep and gear as usual formula)
FramesSerial = {256x7/[(AnimRate1 + Speed increase)/100xAnim speed]}
Frames WolfPaw = {256x13/[(AnimRate1 + Speed increase)/100xAnim speed]}- 1
Frames Biting = {256x10/[(AnimRate1 + Speed increase)/100xAnim speed]}- 1
Frames BearPaw = {256x12/[(AnimRate1 + Speed increase)/100xAnim speed]}- 1

• Fury use FramesSerial for his 4 first attacks, then WolfPaw for the last attack.

• AnimRate for Werewolf/Werebear is not listed as 256, but we use 256. AnimRate for human shape we use the listed for AnimRate and WeponBase.
    Example: Assa Wielding a claw: AIA1HT1 – WeponBase(Frames pr direction) 11 – AnimRate 208.

• Formula with example(fury druid, using eth tomb reaver 100ias(10 WSM which becomes -10 in formula), lvl 33 werewolf(75 SIAS), 10 gear ias(not needed for breakpoint) :
    Delay = [256x(17) / [(100±10+100)x256/100]] = 8
    Anim speed = [9 x 256 / 8] = 288
    Speed increase/EIAS = [120 x 110 / (120 + 110)] + 75 + -10 = 122 (this would be 75 in d2lod)
    FramesSerial = {256x7/[(100 + 122)/100x288]} = 3
    FramesPaw = {256x13/[(100 + 122)/100x288]}- 1 = 5
    Resulting in a 3/3/3/3/5 frame attack.
    25/3 = 8,33 attacks pr sec
    25/5 = 5 attacks pr sec
    (8,33*4+5)/5 = 7,66 attacks pr sec.

• Formula with example(Bear Assassin, using Runic Claw 100ias(-30 WSM which becomes 30 in formula), lvl 36 Bos(57 SIAS) + lvl 15fana merc (33 SIAS) + 140 GearIas:
    Delay = [256x(11) / [100+30+100)x208/100]] = 5
    Anim speed = [10 x 256 / 5] = 512
    Speed increase/EIAS = [120 x 240 / (120 + 240)] + 90 + 30 = 200 (this would be 75 in d2lod)
    Frames BearPaw = {256x12/[(208 + Speed increase)/100xAnim speed]}- 1 = 1 FRAME! 25 attacks pr second. On regular D2LOD this would be 3 frames.

2 Likes

Can you please respond to this, Blizzard?
It’s ruining the whole class in end game when you said you would make it better in end game.
And why do you buff the already strong classes? Do u want everyone to be sorc or paladin? Plz fix or revert to its already sad state plz

1 Like

Blizzard did respond they think it’s a buff lol. By making crappy weapons slightly less crappy and making stronger ones more crappy. End of the day my Dual Dream Werebear Sorc no longer benefits from shapeshifting :frowning: because she uses her melee frames which are terrible. Nerf lowers my DPS by tens of thousands and apparently this is a buff but what do I know I only play the game.

3 Likes

I do think the game really needed a more balance updates to counter anyone who is a purist complaints about any changes which just never occurred back then and this was the time for it. So lets just hope they get it right? Guess we will see. (Of course this wasn’t the one of them needing anything at all lol)

I wonder if they are looking at mobility at all, as a melee class we definitely should move faster, we need passive skill FRW and/or teleport to be even remotely competitive

It would be very nice to have FRW on Lycanthropy.

1 Like

This is STILL NOT FIXED even though there was a patch
How are we supposed to test Maul changes when we can’t maul?
Or Fireclaws when we can’t claw?

1 Like

As per their pinned post there is apparently nothing to fix, it is working as intended, but allegedly we will get buffed in other ways

How can it be working as intended when it’s not working as it was intended?
We’ve been playing the way it was intended for years and years.

If the intention is to start nerfing skills and core mechanics, then perhaps they’re starting at the wrong end of things.

2 Likes

If this change stay i can safely ignore the existence of the druid in the game.

Attacking that slow on a characters that life in the tick of it just ruins the whole idea of playing a weredruid for me.

1 Like

If it was not fixed in the update then this seems like shapers are not gonna be a thing in d2. They might as well remove the entire skill tree then.

Shapers has always been weak, both pvm and pvp. I have given my strongest effort to make it viable for pvp, and somewhat succeded with that.

At launch the eias cap was 200 instead of 75. This was such a interesting feature, which really gave gear diversity. Ofc assa benefitted to hard from this, but for shapers this was just what was needed. It gave diversity:
Tombreaver 3fpa
Beast cadeuce summoner + fireclaw + fireskills.
A bunch off different 1 handers, some usefull botd’s and ofc many more.
U now could choose between highest possible ias, or maby u wanted a high range wepon, or maby a bearsin with 2 fpa attack, maby an ama bear?

Giving only werebear and werewolf 200eias cap would be the needed function to have diversity.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of talk about this in reddit as well, so I am really hoping they listen to the community, and give us some actual buffs, the 3 FPA cap like it was at release with the equipment IAS counting would be nice, also please give us passive FRW skill, move it from feral rage to werewolf/werebear as a bonus