Wed Oct 13, 2021 Server Support Actions - login access and game creation limits

EDIT @ 8something am. Blizzard Tech Support post.

Good morning! We have had 4 days of server crashes during Peak Playtime. Today is Day 5 and hopefully things are better. So far Blizz has been working behind the scenes to try to stabilize servers to prevent crashes and rollbacks.

Today they are being proactive. On the Launcher and Twitter CS is a message:

Hopefully this keeps things stable. Fingers crossed.

IF the servers go down, I will refer you to the thread from yesterday about missing chars, down time, and what to expect.

EDIT: 6:46am Pacific Time (Irvine CA @ Blizzard)

• Players experiencing can’t connect message. Offline play is available.
19 Likes

Thx for the update MissC! :+1:

1 Like

I wonder if it doesn’t happen because people stop playing in anticipation of problems? :thinking:

6 Likes

I just got coffee and if things seem stable I really want to log in. I have not been able to play in the morning for …5 or 6 days.

Thinking of trying it.

Thanks for the update. My only takeaway from this is the fact they say they will be actively monitoring and reacting to the issues.

To this I would ask…what the af have they been doing this last week? Not actively monitoring?..

2 Likes

This is what hsppens when trading is allowed. Money gets envolved, scripts are written, bot accounts flood the authentication server, no one plays, item values rise.

Not communicating. That is what they have been failing at big time. Today is an improvement on that front. They are telling us what they are doing and what actions they are trying to keep things stable.

It may not work, but I appreciate them being open about what is going on as part of the efforts.

6 Likes

Diablo 2: Resurrected offline as you posted this thread lmao.

5 Likes

No luck here sadly. Just tried it – issue connecting and no online characters shown.

Hopefully though this monitoring will help them diagnose the source of the issue and address it fully.

Server seems to be down right ironically

2 Likes

Luckily for me I am based in the UK and by the time work is done, kiddo is in bed, and I can actually kick back…things are generally resolved for the remainder of the evening.

That being said though, i feel bad for all the masses who have to live with this day after day, and sincerely hope their tech gets it sorted…be it malign activity, under funded capacity…or whatever. You would just expect a better service from a AAA corporation. Not to mention the terrible comms that they generally provide.

Fingers crossed

Rip server
#20unplayablechars

5 Likes

i was able to play until like 3 minutes ago while trying to fish a scimitar for my baby paladin and now servers are screwing up again

1 Like

Sadly looks like the servers went down. I’m just never going to play in the morning anymore no point

Yeah I am trying too, but instead of connecting and showing all chars gone - it is just saying I can’t connect.

That is consistent with the Launcher Message about limiting connections during peak times.

An improvement over “all my chars are gone!”. Now, if only it would change to “servers are currently full, please try again later” or “your place in queue is XYZ”.

1 Like

Well they just crapped. Reminds me of many years ago when my Time Warner cable would go out at exactly one hour intervals.

1 Like

Well, that was sort-lived. So much for being able to play the game today.
Really sucks for those of us in Oceania, for whom this is after work and our only real time to play…

1 Like

Haha spoke too soon.
It just went down on me

So this is now an every day thing.

2 Likes

server down again, zzz.