We can all agree these sunder charms are trash

some people want to keep immunties a thing

other people (like me) hate immunites but want to remove them in a more balanced way that doesn’t COMPLETELY RUIN THE GAME BALANCE

if u want to remove immunties u need to do so in a way to NOT BREAK STUFF

regardless of if immunites are removed or not we can also probably all agree that
IF they are removed YOU DON’T BREAK THE GAME.

this was not thought out… you need to take into account, infinity, lower resist, and physical classes.

this does NONE of that.

my idea was this

reworking how the 1/5th penalty applies

making it so u don’t BREAK cold mastery and breaking infinity MORE.

now regardless of if u want immunites remove or not, at least do it in a way that doesn’t BREAK anything.

my god blizzard spend your time on QOL stuff, bug fixes,

remember how pre-launch people didn’t even want a CHARM INVENTORY? or LOOT FILTER because " balance"

i mean granted those are both amazing qol things that should be added but people still thought those were
“too big a balance change”

and u think ANYONE is going to be ok with THIS??

NO,
i wont be playing next season or likely ever again if this goes live… terror zones are fine… sure w/e,
but not THIS.

and i was kinda looking forward to terror zones too, but sorry,

Noping the F out if this goes live

29 Likes

Come on bro it’s all good!

Just a little bit of D3 here and there. No big deal!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

yep they are trash. no downside on energy shield sorc, paladin resistances make the drawback negligible, and it gives typical nova build the same strength as an infinity wielder at higher light resistance levels for free. this is the kind of stuff they need to make a separate realm for

2 Likes

i mean the worse part is just how BADLY this was implemented.
like they didn’t even know what cold mastery DOES, or how the 1/5th penalty applies

doesnt work on minions…
you cant even SEE the immunites which your minions still have

phsyical classes dont have - res gear meaning thier always going to be at 95% when the other 4 elements can uses facets, and conviction

assassin and druid get the short end AGAIN.
not working on traps, or summons,
and phsyical also gets - physical resist ROFL, guess stormshield is required on EVERY MELEE BUILD NOW
magic gets - magic resist? wut YOU CANT EVEN GET THIS WITHOUT A SAFETY MONARCH!!!

posion nova necroaalready HAS lower resist to break 99% of everything
and rabies… stiull has the 16+ second duration… which isnt going to get fixed by this

fire has flickering flame, cold sorc has cold mastery

infinity now function at 100% on EVERYTHING no reduction.

and melee get… OH YAY NOW WE CAN DEAL 5% DAMAGE INSTEAD OF ZERO

7 Likes

Sunder charms are the stake through the heart and soul of Diablo 2

8 Likes

They could have literally just added more magic immunes, made people work together as a party to clear out each level as fast as possible, add the Butcher as a Terror Uber Boss and it would have been one of the greatest ladders of all time.

11 Likes

and i HATE immunties

i WANT to get rid of them.
but THIS?

jesus christ no

6 Likes

It is pathetic. There is no passion in blizzard anymore.

2 Likes

These sunder charms are a terrible idea.
Instead of making the game more challenging, they instead slowly introduce more and more powercreep.

5 Likes

I can’t wait to farm Sunder charms weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

1 Like

So all this butthurt is just because some classes will end up being better than other classes? This is something completely new to D2…

6 Likes

I’ve rarely seen you have a good idea or thought on here kitten.

1 Like

Nobody acknowledges that lower resist wands could be the new meta.

2 Likes

Cold sorcs are the new meta. The will crap all over S-tier.

In S2 there will be 2 kinds of people. People who made sorcs…and people who wish they made a sorc.

3 Likes

Cold sorc is S+++ tieRwith sunburn
Lower res wand classes c tier with sunder no cold
Infinity class without sunder btier
It’s nfinity with sunder s+++ tier
Sunder alone a tier with lower res wait what? Calzone.

The Sundered Grand Charms are a good idea. I like them.

1 Like

Clueless take by clueless people.
Light Sorc will be better than Cold Sorc once geared, just like it is to day. It will blow through those Terror Zones much faster with both Nova or Lightning than Blizzard ever could, simply due to the mechanics alone. You will start Cold and make the switch to Lightning when you get good EQ, if you’re gunning for efficiency that is. Basically exactly how you play it out today already.

The real concern with this patch is how quickly these charms can be acquired. They represent a huge power spike for many builds and could disrupt the progression curve too much. I’d like them to be rare, with an equivalent value of a HR or two. But since Terror Zones is the new feature and Blizzard probably want everyone to enjoy it, I suspect they won’t go that far.

I never stop to amaze how quickly they are able to destroy a solid working game world. It gets faster and faster.

Physical melee builds and Assassin/Druid now completely forgotten… Sorceress even more OP… no incentive AT ALL to even create a Lobby game and play with others…

I don’t think there will any player left for Season 4.

4 Likes

How is this for free? Do they hand out 7 sunder charms with the start of every char?

Or are you going to have to work for it to get one, just like an infinity?

Your idea is a bit different than what I had in mind and proposed in PTR board. Basically, my objection to these Charms has a lot to do with the fact it makes Uniques/Super Uniques and their Unique Monster Bonuses irrelevant. Namely they can be Cold Enchanted and Magic Resistant(+75% Cold Resist from Enchanted bonus and +40% FCL Resistance if Resistance is still less than 99(aka they’re not immune already)) and yet it means didly squat in the eyes of Sundered Charms. Some Super Uniques, like Frozenstein, have absurdly high Resistance. Yet with these Charms, yeah who gives a damn and eat a Blizzard and die in 1-hit despite having Cold Resistance that is presently unbreakable(even with level 25 Conviction + level 60 Lower Resist on NORMAL DIFFICULTY).

My solution was basically setting everything that is immune to a given Element to 95% Resistance. That means no Physical, Magical or FCLP Immunity on Trash. Exceptions being for Champions(Resistance bonus across the board imo, +20), Unique Packs(where boss is immune thanks to Monster Bonuses and I give bonuses to his Minions to make them challenging) and Super Uniques(Bosses that always spawn each and every game, some of which are Immune to an Element even on Normal Difficulty(like Frozenstein). Again, I give bonuses to their Minions so as to make them challenging encounters). I didn’t even bother to up the Difficulty on Act Bosses(frankly they should have stronger Resistance than what they already do).

This was in combination with Skill rebalancing. Seeing as Monster Immunity was significantly reduced across the board, Skills that are tasked with doing so(notably Conviction/Lower Resist) are now effectively 5 times stronger. As a result, they have to be nerfed. I reduced Cold Mastery to 4% on level 1 with +4% per level(from 20% and 5% respectively for ~20% Nerf). Conviction starts at 4% and +4% per level, capping at level 25(overall nerf of 33% and roughly a 50% nerf on Infinity). Lower Resist starts at 10% and slowly scales to 50% at level 25(much better than the current level 60 for -70). Overall that’s a sizeable nerf for Lower Resist Wands and roughly a 25% nerf overall but if you think about it, there are no Poison Immune targets.

As for Hammerdins, I really give them the nerf Hammer. Removed Concentration aura buff(no longer needed), removed their 150% Undead bonus perk(no longer makes those Magic Resistant Undead in Act 2 take more damage than any other Magic build) but buffed its Vigor/Blessed Aim synergies to 35%. Overall this nerfs their damage by roughly 50%. Obviously with testing, this can be nudged higher if need be.Other class changes would also be in store(Javazon skills and maybe Fire/Light Tress on Sorceress).

I then and advocated that there be some additional perks for Group Play seeing as this is a Multiplayer game after-all. I mean yeah you can play Single Player/Solo but something to encourage Group play would be worthwhile. Say additional XP or Attack Rating/Defense Rating for Melee characters. Granted, this was more so a wish-list idea compared to above.

TLDR: Overall we both agree that they didn’t think things through when doing these Charms.

1 Like