Updated 2.5 patch notes, Sunder charms nerfed

15 Likes

Cold Mastery still gets a pass? Season 2, 80% Blizzard sorceresses.

13 Likes

Developer’s Note: We have heard much of the community’s thoughts on how the new Sunder Charms work with the sorceresses Cold Mastery ability. Looking at the percentage of monsters that are cold immune, the trade-offs of having to gain and equip a new grand charm, and re-checking our damage output, we feel the current behavior of Cold Mastery is not significantly more powerful than many of the other abilities affected by Sunder and does not need to change at this time.

8 Likes

I was about to post this. You beat me to the punch.

This should make some community members happy and some unhappy.

1 Like

Still nothing about S2 ladder runewords. :weary:

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if they buffed the magic sunder charm. Wearers should get +75% magic resist instead.

1 Like

Hmm, personally I like this change to the Conv/LR penalties but I really think Cold Mastery should also be penalized. Cold sorcs are already better than the competition in lots of cases, I don’t think they need more edges.

21 Likes

Thank god. With Sunder+Infinity + Griffons etc that would have been way way waaaay too much.

10 Likes

I agree with the update, but cold mastery should have been hit as well imo.

18 Likes

Hm that makes sunders quite okay. But why no penalty for every -res?

1 Like

Right, but they just limited some of the “other abilities” interactions with Sunder, so if CM didn’t stand out before, and they all get nerfed, does that mean it will now? :thinking:

1 Like

Agreed.

As mentioned I’d like Cold Mastery to be penalized too, I don’t mind that -res% from facets or other stuff isn’t penalized though since it’s a fairly rare stat.

1 Like

Love it, this was needed.

But now about cold mastery…

5 Likes

ALL sunder charms should focus on allowing a single element build to kill enemies immune to their damage type slower than what they would normally kill a monster not immune to their damage type, regardless of whatever -resistance effects they have equipped.

When the game first came out, Cold Mastery was bugged for a short period of time, allowing cold sorceresses to break some cold immune monsters. The damage was CRAAAAAAAAP even with Blizzard, but at least she could hurt them and progress.

I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if that Cold Mastery “bug” was them dipping their toe in the waters to get a reaction from the community in preparation for Sundering charms.

1 Like

I’d really like to see a blue response confirming how this will (or won’t) impact:

• Cold Mastery
  • Items that lower res (facets, runewords, and some sets/uniques)

If the 20% effectiveness nerf is only being re-introduced for sundered monsters on conviction/lr that’s a wildly different meta than if it’s being reintroduced for every effect that lowers resistances.

Personally I’m a little bummed, this is a big nerf to what was otherwise an exciting meta shakeup :frowning:

5 Likes

Not happy at all with this change. I hardly see the point in wearing an infinity if I can still be twice as strong by using a sundered with crescent moon/griffon. Most non-immune monsters are already dead before infinity debuff even applies.

Lol so they nerfed it on Conviction and Lower Resist, but the Blizzard sorc gets a free pass?
Don’t get me wrong I think a nerf is a good idea, but that includes for the Blizzard Sorc, that char had the most benefit before getting into complete endgear territory.

5 Likes

thats callled player choice…

Player choice is fine… But the player choice being mainly influenced due to imbalance? That’s a problem.

4 Likes

Yeah if they were going to do this they should have done the same to cold mastery when applied to sundered monsters.

6 Likes