UPDATE: PezRadar Blue Post on Ladder PTR - Expected to start next week

Ya Monday or Tuesday they will announce that the ptr is going back up on the following week, then 2 weeks of ptr then 2 weeks till announcement that patch is coming 2 weeks after that.

Cool, thanks for sharing!

I am actually really hoping they share some big patch notes that go beyond these past ones. As long as they don’t totally warp the game into something else or nerf good builds into the ground/make OP game breaking new ones, I am happy. I am all for some shifts to classes, changes to uniques, etc.

1 Like

Thank you for posting!
Been waiting for 20 years to have MA assassin to be really playable, so this wait has been unbearable.

Yeah, I seen that yesterday on Twitter. Was hoping for an update today, but looks like next week now. I can really only assume that the delay of this final PTR iteration hopefully means they really went through the feedback, and made updates the community wanted, probably even based on the multitude of the streams as well. If they open PTR next week, we might see 2.4 live by end of March, and first ladder in April.

I was really hoping for 2.4 earlier, not interested in the first ladder myself, but still want to it release to get the process started. I hope that the delay isn’t simply feet dragging to wait out games like Lost Ark and Elden Ring, as many D2 players are not interested in those games. In any case, now that I have Edge of Eternity done, back to Offline grail this weekend. Would have been neat if PTR released today to go into my weekend off, but oh well.

1 Like

Soon™
ppl never learn

Not true and you even quoted it. He said that ladder would come out after the game is stable and ready for ladder. It “will come shortly after once everything settles down.”

“After everything settles down” does not mean “launch”. The sentence before clearly said that ladder would come out after the game was stable.

2 Likes

You still don’t know how to read. It will come out shortly after (referring to launch in previous sentence) once …. The shortly after very clearly applied to launch date. Do you not know how to read? Stop correcting people

It’s shortly after launch once it’s stable. Aka when it’s stable here comes ladder. No one thinks he has lived up to that tweet. Well no one with an iq over 65

That is not what is written.

But when you add the word VERY in front of it…it changes…everything! Joking but serious really. I would be surprised if we didn’t hear anything by Wednesday.

1 Like

I know what it says. Shortly after refers to launch in that tweet. If you can’t realize that you are illiterate. Full stop

You are absolutely correct. I am illiterate. I can not read or write or type. :upside_down_face:
/s

Rod’s tweet reads : “We want to make sure the game is stable and ready for ladder before we turn that on. So it won’t be there for launch but will come shortly after once everything settles down.”

ladder “will come shortly after once everything settles down”

“We want to make sure the game is stable and ready for ladder before we turn that on.”
“We want to make sure the game is stable and ready for ladder before we turn that on.”

1 Like

You can’t comprehend. Just because you can pronounce words doesn’t make you literate

Let me make this very clear. If he wanted the shortly after to refer to shortly after “settles down” he would not have used the word once. It’s that simple.

Edit. It’s cute you learned font sizes. Doesn’t shown you’ve learned anything useful. Are you suggesting they are saying it will settle down and THEN a while after they will do ladder? Because that isn’t what the tweet says

The fact of the matter is, ladder was probably originally supposed to come to D2R within a month post-launch. The servers couldn’t handle the game, and thus the ladder was pushed back until the servers could be fixed to be more stable. They had to rewrite old legacy netcode with modernized code for a simple save procedure, then we got hit by constant holidays which compounded delays (hazards of a late Q3 launch going into T-Day, Christmas, and New Years).

2.4 was probably meant to be a post first ladder patch, however due to late first ladder, and dwindling playerbase due to the server issues, they decided to do the first ladder to 2.4 standards instead to help generate interest in the playerbase again.

These things are not hard to formulate with half a brain, unless that half is simply filled to the brim with negativity.

2 Likes

That’s great. The why doesn’t matter. The fact they misled whether intentionally or not and denied refunds does.

I suspect that you are right.

2 Likes

Robert Gallerani on MrLLama’s stream:

“Now that we have more stability, it’s time for Ladder.”

That was back in December. So they acknowledge the game is now stable, yet 3 months later there’s still no Ladder.

So what’s the issue?

2 Likes

Let’s see a timestamp for that. I doubt that is actually a quote that Rob said.

I am interested in seeing that video/timestamp. If Rob said that, I would have expected that the forum would have blown up with ladder soon posts.

1 Like

Rob did say that. However, the context was that the ladder will come after the proper testing for the balance changes and for the database ptr.

2 Likes

That makes more sense.