Update 1.06 Causing Constant Crashes

I have been crashing repeatedly now in game since patch update. Anybody else? Can’t handle my casting rate all of a sudden now? what the hell?

4 Likes

Could you please specify on what platfrom you are?

On PS4. After constant testing, it seems to be perhaps an isolated issue with the Druid skill, Poison Vine. Just it being out, doing its thing, will cause the game to crash, along with every other player in game I believe.

So great… I can’t play my build…

(also worth noting that I have PV maxed, and its poison mats stay out longer than lvl 1)

1 Like

My game crashed and went to the black screen with the loading icon. Stayed like that for over 5 minutes and no change. Had to force quit. It happened on Act 2. I paused by a cliff to check out the view after a teleport and quick mans pot, then blackout!

Playing on PS4

1 Like

After updating to 1.06 my game keep crashing after 5-10 of gaming.
Single player, PS4.
Necromancer.
When it crashes the screen goes black, with the Diablo logo in the bottom corner. Can only go on by closing the game and start over. When i start over the necro Rolls back to before updating to 1.06.

1 Like

I confirm. After 1.06 game crashing. PS4, singleplayer.

Same here, PS4, 1.06, offline, black screen.

I can comfirm that the poison vine (playing as Druid) is causing my game on PS4 to ‘blackout’ as well after 10 minutes of play. After experiencing three of such blackouts I went online and found your post, then I removed the poison vine from my skill binds and stopped summoning it altogether.

I’ve been playing for a few hours now and I haven’t had any blackouts/crashes ever since. So thank you so much for sharing this knowledge :smile:

1 Like

Cool find, but there are other people who are playign differen classess and still have BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH issue :smiley: even while standing in town and doing nothing.
It is not issue with the skills you are using. problem lies deeper in game code

I’m getting my black screens as a barbarian with double swing, shout, howl and leap attack on my skills of option. Two times now I got the black screen on tal rasha’s tombs and once in town doing nothing. Three times I lost all progress and a little lifespan for hearing my hardcore char taking damage and trying to close de app.

I’m on PS4 and not playing this trash anymore =)

Same problem.

Load screen at start has me stuck in a queue for battle net, but never progresses. I play offline, so chose that option. Game locks up after a bit of playing, PS4, Sorceress, Act 3, Lower Kurast and Kurast Bazaar. Force quit loses all progress made, knocks me back to Flayer Jungle, all loot, Waypoints, and Exp lost.

This makes the game unplayable.

Same problem, after at least 5 minutes crash on PS4 due to „connectivity problems“

This is the general “unknown error” phrase. I hear it a lot related to games failing that have NOTHING at all to do with an open session between a server and a client. Its just a good excuse to fall back on when :poop:code crashes and burns. Like, the issue is not on your side, and we totally never do anything wrong, so must be “connectivity”…

I smell BS. :ox:

I have played OFFLINE exclusively on PS5. Today I loaded up, unaware of the patch issues, black screen within 30 seconds and the game crashed when I tried to exit. Reloaded it to find my character got rolled back over 24 hours. I repeat, my OFFLINE character got rolled back over 24 hours. I lost the whole weekend of farming.

I just want to note, the offline black screen issue and the issue with the Poison Vine skill are separate issues, I believe. Poison Vine ONLINE doesn’t cause black screen, it causes a hard crash blue screen with PlayStation error code.

Anyways I think there maybe 2 issues here, but maybe they are related. Hard for me to tell atm.

@Zombiengle

Please reply and report with details in my “WARNING” threads concerning this issue. (Can be found in multiple console sections.) Game Master advised me that we would need to make the issue known here in the forums with multiple reports. Thank You.

1 Like

PS5 Here. Single Player Offline. I can do two or three Meph kills then the game will crash on taking the Act 4 portal. Submitted 4 reports from the console and figured I add my 2 cents here as well.

It’s seems similar to everyone, 5-10 minutes of play, then crash. All since the 1.06 patch. Prior to the patch, I played all weekend with tons of Andy kills and maybe 30-40 Meph kills and no crashes.

1 Like

Similar here… I ran ALL WEEKEND on Assassin/Amazon builds offline, and worked some Sorceress yesterday… Download this god awful patch this morning, and now can’t even get through Claw Viper Temple… (Crashes no more than 15 minutes in) And of course this is all offline, and also on PS4… Did it twice, got pi$$ed and shut the damn thing off… I can make more money (glitch), and I can get around Duriel (another glitch), but I can’t play if the screen keeps going black…

Same here. My platform is PS4 and I played offline. Until recently things ran smoothly but now my game crashes constantly, especially when opening a portal to return to town. The game is not saved and all progress is lost.

I wonder if the offline error is related to the unacceptable time in queue to connect to battlenet. I wouldn’t have thought that would affect offline play, but perhaps battlenet handles the save game functionality.

If so, this is absurd. 45 minutes waiting and STILL not connected.

THE GAME IS UNPLAYABLE

If this doesn’t get fixed quickly, I will be asking for my money back.

1 Like

For those experiencing the sudden black screen during offline gameplay, you might want to try this work-around for the time being:

1 Like