Update 1.004.000 on PS5 - Game unplayable

Downloaded the new update on PS5 (V 1.004.000) and now I am unable to ‘play’ with any of my existing characters and I can’t create new characters either. The new update has made the game unplayable.

13 Likes

I can’t play either after the update.
Nothing happens when I press the play button.

4 Likes

Same issue after 1.004 on PS5. Characters are there but the play button does nothing.

5 Likes

Yea same here, I seem to be really unlucky. The last 3 days I sit down to play d2 and I find myself unable to play as the server is down. Thought this 7 gig update would mean I would be back to killin stuff but nope.

Shocking really, but hopefully I manage online on my ps4 tomorrow when I travel home as the ps5 ain’t having any joy.

3 Likes

Same problem here. Even if I try to trick them and start the game from recent activities, there I’m only able to choose the difficulty and then the ‘creating game’ text just remains forever. Seems they solved the server issues like making the game unable to play completely :joy:

2 Likes

Re-install does not work too we need a fix soon

2 Likes

The same… I click on start the game and absolutely nothing happens. All this is on the ps 5 platform after the last update

2 Likes

Blizzard can legitimatly piss off at this point. between their servers and now this. I dont really see the point in playing this game anymore.

i cant believe …
playbutton dosnt work after ps5 update LUL

game will start on pc …

2 Likes

Same here… this game is awesone (ironic mode)… problems every day, and now nobody of Blizzard tell us anything about this error

3 Likes

Here too! Nothing happens when i press “play” in main menu.

3 Likes

Same here, after installing patch on ps5 I’m unable to play online… cannot go past character selection screen, when I press play, nothing happens.

1 Like

same issue here - it’s becoming a massive joke tbh

Playstation 5 same problem.
Unable to creat character ( forbidden Name )
Unable to start games

1 Like

Same here, not working on PS5 EU.

2 Likes

Same here. This is just unbelieveable how they do things…

1 Like

Same problem here too ,was working fine before the update now I can’t do anything

1 Like

workaround is to download ps4 version of the game on ps5

Same here and i refuse to play ps4 version on my ps5. Its ridicilous to even consider this imo.

Just fix the gsme allready!

3 Likes

yeah I know, I’m not happy about it either… but I have free time now and wanted to play, so I rather just play ps4 version than not play at all… but I agree, it’s ridicilous with all the server issues and now patch issue…