Ugh ladder only rune words

I don’t like the sound of this at all. I realize that’s how it used to be, but I don’t want to be forced to play ladder to get special rune words, or pay exorbitant amounts in trade when they pass to non season when ladder ends(assuming they do) if they don’t, that’s like D3’s seasonal system which is even worse. I don’t like getting stuff and then losing it at the end of the season.

Everything else teased in the update seems good to me, buffing underused skills, and making other Act Mercenaries better but the new rune words just gives me anxiety as it is.

36 Likes

Nobody is forcing you to play ladder, you will get those items when season ends if you dont want to play season.

12 Likes

At exorbitant prices in trade, unless they are added to the base game or non-season at the end which seems like is not the case, since that’s not how it used to work right? You won’t be able to make the rune words in non-ladder.

4 Likes

"The downfall of D2. Coming soon with patch 2.4. "

9 Likes

So don’t RMT and participate in Ladder then.

2 Likes

There will be plenty of them when season ends. And if you want them, well play season dude. If you want stuff, you have to do something for it.

4 Likes

What a nonsense, this will immensly help to bring many players to play again.

11 Likes

People really shouldn’t respond if they didn’t fully read the opening post. Who said anything about RMT, whether you do that or not, you’ll have to trade a lot of these special rune words when they come to non-season, specially the really GG ones, sucks not being able to have a chance at finding and making them yourself.

And as I’ve said multiple times, I don’t want to be forced to play Ladder to get them, rather than being a cause for excitement, this induces stress and anxiety for me.

8 Likes

And i dont want to be forced to work to get money. Well its not how world works dude.

2 Likes

Yeah, you’re kind of focusing on the wrong things here. It’s not like you don’t have to work to make rune words in non-ladder, you still have to trade for them and/or find the runes etc to get them. But being ladder only will make them much harder to get.

3 Likes

not fun for ppl who have jobs/kids and just want to play non-ladder. blizzard always has to mess up the easiest things.
just have the new runewords available on non-ladder…wth is the difference?

14 Likes

You new? Its always been the way and they should re-lock everything they unlocked when they launched D2R now that ladder is coming back.

1 Like

I mean they said they removed the ladder only restrictions to stop builds being useless without that one key item… This seems like back tracking completely.

18 Likes

Disagree here. Ladder is for rune words. “This is the Way.”

Refer to this post.

Mmhmm, this is true as well. I enjoy making and playing the best and most fun and powerful builds in this game, that’s what I most enjoy, so making rune words that are only accessible in ladder is frustrating for players like me. I don’t care about the competition, never going to win against the hard core players anyways. I just like to get the coolest items.

5 Likes

I have a job, and kids (including a baby). I want ladder.

great. gold star for you

Yeah, you’re missing the focus here as well. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be a ladder for people who enjoy that competition aspect, but locking new rune words behind it is frustrating.

10 Likes

If you’re not referring to RMT then what are you referring to? Trading in-game items? How is that “exorbitant prices”? A game item for a game item? If I trade you a set of pixels for a set of pixels… that’s suddenly “exorbitant”? You can’t be serious.

You don’t seem to understand the economy and trading system in Diablo 2. You ever hear people say a build is expensive to make? Well, that means it has a lot of rare and costly items and or runes in it. Meaning to obtain them you have to trade high value things in return for them.

Items like these new rune words will likely cost a number of high runes to obtain. Make more sense now?

1 Like