Tyrael's Might: Why is it bad?

Tyreals Might if it had either level 1 sanc aura or level 10 Might aura would make it instantly usable for most players.

Because it’s not Enigma.

I wouldn’t be against tyraels having +2 skills and teleport.

Since d2 came out I’ve probably found 5, maybe more but I’ll say 5. It’s definitely not a stepping stone with its drop odds so if it did drop with the power of an enigma it would still be rare.

2 Likes

Short answer: it isn’t

Given that Azurewrath is the only Unique item(that I know of) to grant a Paladin aura, Tyreal’s Might should, at minimum, do the same and there are only two “Offensive” auras that would do the armor justice: Fanaticism or Conviction. Fanaticism would be the go-to pick for all Physical characters save for Paladins who can field a much stronger Fanaticism themselves or gives them the flexibility to roll with a different aura altogether.

Conviction, on the other hand, is basically a must-have aura on Hell Difficulty if your primary damage is Elemental in nature. Getting that aura at a high enough level, say level 20 to match Uber Mephisto, would instantly make it the cream of the crop Body Armor for Sorceress and other Elemental builds since it’s a significant upgrade over Infinity. It’d also be worthwhile to Melee builds since it comes with -%Target Defense built-in, making enemies much easier to hit.

An aura upgrade combined with Ethereal + 50 All Resistance would make the Armor definitely viable for end-game use.

I think a Level 3-4 Salvation Aura when equipped and poison length reduction would fit thematically, with plus skills to boot…

Tyrael’s Might
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1322-1502
Required Level: 84
Required Strength: None
+120-150% Enhanced Defense
+50-100% Damage To Demons
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+20-30 To Strength
All Resistances +20-30
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements -100%
Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +1-2 To All Skills
    • Add Level 3-4 Salvation Aura When Equipped
    • Change All Resistances +20-30 to +75% Poison Length Reduction

so you put it on your uber-smiter merc when you go to UT? Because it’s still worse than easier to find options.

Not Nigma not care. It suck steaming booty :slightly_smiling_face:

In all seriousness, along with an overall revamp/upgrade for all current in-game uniques, Tyraels could seriously use like a Salvation Aura or some +skills or something juicy.

How about adding mod “Cannot be Cursed”?
No amp damage, no lower resist, no decrepify…

Ppl would complain because PvP reasons, but if they then went and made it “except for against players” ppl would complain about that to. Moral of the story? Ppl always complain on the internet.

1 Like

That definitely would have made it a go to item for ww barbs back in the days of Iron maiden, which given it drops the best in CS that’s fitting.

Edit: pretty sure it does I haven’t looked in awhile.

+2 Skill and mf per level. Then it’s fine imo. I don’t think it needs anything else. JMO. People would wear it for 100 extra magic find that couldn’t afford/find enigma runes. And make it as common as Tal’s Chest.

Slain Monsters Rest In Peace

Does Find Item work with that?

Tyrael’s Might: Why is it bad?

Because you have boght a game that has been destroyed by people that dont know how to program and dont understand the original mechanics or concepts of the game.

Just sounds like brain damaged people to me destroying this game.

ITs not that its “bad” its that its not as good as easier to obtain armors…

IT needs a serious rework to make it as godly as it is rare.

Give it IAS, FHR, +2 Skills, an Aura like Salvation or Concentration,
Make it the best melee armor to obtain and then you will really have a reason to farm for uniques, not just runes.

2 Likes

you pretty much have to give it teleport. if you try to balance tyrael’s might around not having teleport and competing with enigma, and then they decide to add teleport to a non-body armor, its going to be very overpowered. without teleport, enigma will be better 95% of the time. maybe give it a unique teleport, nova on destination, or maybe kb on destination, or static on destination, or anything that might be useful that isnt op

No, you got me :joy:

1 Like

I think regular teleport would be fine.

Everyone already runs around with nigma so tyraels would be next in that slot on every character. Meh

This item could do more to fit its namesake - Tyraels MIGHT - ( Strength ) compared to other go-to, high-level items. However, I do not think that the stats need to be comprised of standard desired go-to’s, such as teleport, enhanced damage, etc. etc. Let the stats fit the items name.

I would update as follows **

Indestructible
**30% Faster Run/Walk
**100-300% Damage to Demons
Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
**240-300% Enhanced Defense
**+157 strength ( Based on character level )
All Resistances +20-30
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements -100%

**Level 7-13 - Might - Aura when equipped ( 100 - 170 % Damage ) would be a nice bonus, also. Though, I think the above would be useful even without it.

The huge strength bonus combined with -100% requirements is the “Tyraels might” of this conceptual revision, and reason to utilize it over others such as enigma, chains of honor, fortitude, etc.

2 Likes

I think tyreal can add Level 10-15 holy shock Aura When Equipped, and + 10 first of the heavens.

Therefore, dream sorc and pala will use it and become more funny

1 Like