Toggle HUD and Life Bar on & off

Hello,

I’m trying to find out how to TOGGLE the HUD display on the game.
I have an OLED screen and can not have static bars on the screen.
Does anyone know if this is a feature or not ?
I haven’t been able to find much information on this

4 Likes

I am not even sure i know what your issue is. You want to hide all of the UI? if so, to my knowledge, you cant do that.

That’s exactly what the issue is. FULL IMMERSION. being able to toggle off all the screen elements like the life bar on the bottom of the screen.

For those players in 2021 that have OLED screens (Like me) , or want full immersion.

Whether it is an option now or not doesn’t mean it can’t be done.
I’m trying to investigate it and hope Blizzard can respond to this concern.

I wasnt trying to insult, i was honestly not sure what the issue is. I do not have an OLED, do they have bad image burn issues?

Exactly. If there is a static image on an OLED screen, it will burn-in.
Nowadays, OLEDS are the newest pc screens being used because of their richness and beauty with color.

I would think the Development team would have thought to add this feature in, being that 10 year old Diablo III has a toggle to remove all screen elements.

some immersion tips i learned yesterday: holding F+ then use scroll wheel lets u select the zoom levels freely . you can also change the legacy resolution in options to receive similar results. but yeah hiding all the ui would be a great addition

Oh really? I didn’t know that about the F+. I’ll have to try that when I’m back in.

And yeah, hiding all the UI is like a ‘needed’ addition in 2021. There’s so many choices of screens and pc setups available. People are, nowadays, looking for that full immersion.

couldnt agree more, this game looks fantastic on a 4k tv and deserves to be played with as little ui elements on screen as possible

Exactly!

If the development team throws this feature in, then this game is going to be even more incredible.

It looks beautiful on my OLED… better than how it looks on my G7 Led monitor

If you are using OLEDs in 2021 then you wont have to worry about issues with burn-in because they take years to form on the same static image. So, if you leave D2R running for about 4 years straight then you should worry.

I mean… now that’s not correct.
Of course there are many other factors, like: how long is the game running (all day, a few hours?) , how bright is the OLED screen? , am I using HDR ? (which significantly increases burn in) , the color elements of the actual game (reds tend to burn in much quicker)

Obviously, the “better” solution is to include a toggle to remove all screen elements for full immersion… .right?

Obviously, the “better” solution is to include a toggle to remove all screen elements for full immersion… .right?

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Worrying about something that isn’t an issue. Have you had a monitor that you had to replace because of burn-in? Have you played other games that included hiding the UI to ‘save’ your OLED? Maybe they should also hide your character so the middle of your screen doesnt burn-in and make a giant dot…

Do you have to plan your screen time or something? I can’t imagine a monitor in 2021 being that sensitive :stuck_out_tongue:

But I wouldn’t mind a UI toggle either, or something more customizable.

Do you have to plan your screen time or something?

kekw, yeah, has to change the taskbar from horizontal to vertical constantly. Also changing from Firefox to Chrome so the url searchbar and tabs don’t burn-in too.

1 Like

You’re saying something isn’t an issue.

You don’t have accurate information is what i am saying. This is not true.
Burn ins can happen in as little as 6 months or after 2,000 hours.
Actually, I’ve already had temporary burn-in from a game that lasted for 20 minutes because I forgot the screen was on while i made dinner.
My LG CX was purchased in February of this year.

Do you have an OLED even? have you investigated this? You will find that your opinion is wrong.

That’s the point.

So anyways, that’s why i am pushing to get Blizzard to develop a toggle for full immersion.
it’s a simple request, a valid request, and it’ll be a great addition to the game experience.

Do you have an OLED even? have you investigated this? You will find that your opinion is wrong.

Yes, your anecdotal evidence completely negates all the research published on the internet. Including sites like RTings. Yes, I will wait for you to Google anecdotal.

If that were true then you would have to constantly be moving your windows start menu around, your browser and other programs to avoid screen burn. It just doesn’t sound like a very user friendly monitor lol :joy:

Why are you texting in this subject?

You don’t care to have full immersion? okay, great

Why argue the point of allowing it though?

There are many people who would like full immersion. If you’re not one of those, that’s okay.

1 Like

I’m not trying to argue any point. I don’t want people to come in the forums here and worry about their OLED because you are spreading misinformation. That is all

Blizzard should at least make a setting that switches the UI a bit on the screen, like Left/Center/Right either with a button, or automatically every X hour to alleviate OLED risks.