Tired of hearing people asking for "New runeword! New uniques! New Set!" And seeing Blizzard cave in and improve the runeword itemization which was already Op... what about making items that already exist good in the first place and then we can talk New

Tired of hearing people asking for “New runeword! New uniques! New Set!” And seeing Blizzard cave in and improve the runeword itemization which was already Op… what about making items that already exist good in the first place and then we can talk about it

Im all for improvements to the game, but it shouldnt sweep under the rug what actually needs to be improved

As my grand father always said “you can take a bucket of crap, add another bucket of pure water to it, stir it, it’ll stay a bucket of crap”

Adding new good runewords dont make existing items better, quite the opposite, it can them worse in comparaison, just look at Mang song that was bad and is now badder because of obsession. POE has fell for that trap since its early days, always making NEW NEW NEW which made Bad old worse worse worse

these improvements can come in multiple ways and multiple aspects(power, perk,etc)

• values buff

• Direct changes to some uniques to make them better or just more interesting

ie: SwordBack hold shield now has 20% chance to cast level 10 Blade shield when you are hit

ie: Gravepalm now have 10% chance to cast level 10 corpse explosion on kill

ie: Stoneraven now turns killed enemies into ravens on death

• Removing Indestructible items cant spawn ethereal

ie: GF, Butcher’s pupil, doombrinder, stormpyre,Cranium basher,etc to spawn ethereal

• Adding corruption, this system allows you to slightly improve your unique but at the great risk of losing it

• removing item type restriction on crafting and allowing the crafting process a chance to retain the affixes of the sacrifices magic item

Ie: craft a blood weapon with a 300% 40ias phase blade has a chance to retain those affixes in the final crafted item

• expanding the “cracked, primitive, lower quality, superior quality) system to non-white items on identification and also making it apply to the affixes as well. runewords can benefit from superior while others cant

Ie: find superior 15% Mang song, it can roll up to 17% -resist

• allow rare, sets and some unique items to spawn Automod

Ie: suicide branch could spawn with +[0-3] to corpse explosion, +[0-3] to bone prison, etc

• Little more hard to swallow for purists, Allow ruenwords to be made in all Item rarity but at a greatly reduced efficacy. White=100%,Magic/rare= 70%, Unique/set =50%(placeholder values). That way original runewords stay super strong, but runewords dont invalidate magic/rare/unique/set items anymore

ie: Make a Lore in your Alder helm

ie: Make a Fury in your Eth Hone Sundan Yari

ie: make a Leaf in a magic +3 tree+3skill staff

Note: there are individual examples of how to improve the existing non-runeword itemization, there is no balance pass applied to the numbers, just concepts

13 Likes

In one sense, yeah, it seems better to rebalance existing items.
However, if the goal is to not change the existing game too much, it might be better to add instead of replace.

2 Likes

But making new ones is in direct competition with already existing stuff, i feel its even worse for existing stuff

anyway with splitMode this isnt even an argument, Faithfulness in the Resurrected mode and try to make the best and most fun game in the other mode

Allow to break gems into 2-3 lower tier pieces.
Allow to merge the same uniques for a chance of a slightly better version of the best of the 2.

2 Likes

there are like 100 uniques nobody ever uses and sell directly to charsi and of which nobody even remembers the name to. if you just make existing items slightly more usable it’s essentially the same as brand new items. maybe a combo of both, add a few runewords, fix a few lacking items.

i’d say most items that have a requirement over the level of 60 probably needs some help. example:

nature’s peace
carrion wind
wisp projector

these rings have AMAZING potential but there’s zero comparision to bul kathos (lvl 58) or stone of jordan (level 29) or nagel ring (level 7) or raven frost (level 43) all of which the higher level req rings are more rare than some of the lower rings.

nature’s peace is one stat from being an exceptional addition to the arsenal. there are many more examples of this disparity.

i’m sure there’s a very fine balance of currency type items versus specialty items but there’s also a huge disparity in items that are even worth holding in your stash. skin of the vipermagi (level 29) is more valuable than most armors up to level 99 and that’s with the context of added runewords and set perks after the fact.

in classic diablo 2 twitchthroe was a COVETED item. it was as valuable as 35 res vipermagi.

1 Like

Neither. 12 characters required.

Why are you giving your opinion on a game you stated you don’t have the intention of playing

Merge uniques to completely reroll, may get something good, may get something worse.

1 Like

You’d change the game more by adding than you would by going back and fixing the ones that already exists and it wouldn’t fix problems, it would add to them by increasing the item quantity of uniques in the game making the other uniques even more obsolete.

The idea should be better identities for the uniques so ppl use them, even if it’s for more niche builds. It would also be nice if more uniques/sets were worth upgrading to their Elite form.

These 3 items are used and usable as is. Of all the uniques that are sub-par in this game you clearly choose the wrong ones.

3 Likes

WTF are you talking about, I have multiple characters over level 90. I play. Sorry your threads are full of :poop:

3 Likes

In fact it isa good idea to “fix” some of the existing uniques, since too few people use some of them (if ever) Path of Diablo mod did this and it just works

1 Like

You expressed you have no intention to play Diablo 2 resurrected’s remake mode

There are no changes, there cannot be, this is a re master. It’s supposed to be all the same, just better graphics. That’s what we were sold. Just stop with the changes, and revert everything back.

1 Like

what about you all shut up and go play something else

1 Like

you have no idea what your talking about. Remasters often have additional content.

1 Like

here’s a devs take on the issue

i don’t know what blizzards take is on it but they have every right to define an undefined term in the gaming space how they want until someone with authority makes a ruling or law that it has to mean something specific.

2 Likes

And since I did development myself I can tell you one thing: working on code that was not made by you or your team is a hassle especially is the persons who made the code in the first place are not helping.

Add to that the fact that devlopment methods have greatly changed in the last 20 years and you’d easily understand why it is very rare for a remaster to have brand new content made for it.

That said people expecting new expansion or some grand new things for D2R are totally free to do so, I’m not holding my breath personally.

It would be nice to have more unique items and runewords for leveling.

1 Like

You’re asking for features from PD2, right? PD2 is already playable.