This is why we need a lootfilter!

Hello Blizzard-Team,

I did hundreds of Travincal-Runs with my Hork-Barb without any HR-drop until I recognized that not every drop is shown on the floor.
Please check the video.
And there is not only that Ohm, there is another Rune!

Please check the video and give us Lootfilter-functionality and drop-notification for next Season.
Thank you!

47 Likes

Had that happen in AS with a Lem; glad you didn’t miss your Ohm!

3 Likes

Another option is to implement label priorities based on the rarity of the item. If this were so, the Ohm label would always show, and the most common “junk” item labels would disappear to make room for that Ohm and any other rare item labels to show first.

This SHOULD be the way it works.

I wouldn’t mind a basic filter that adds the ability to hide health/mana potions below a certain level, or all of them.

But as far as user configurable and specific item filtering, no. And absolutely NO to drop notifications.

9 Likes

It is your opinion. But I had luck not to find, but to see the Ohm.
We need any kind of highlighting/notfication/filtering… it doesn’t need to be configurable, but it should be solid and it should work!

I run 99% in P1 games.
Imagine 8ppl-runs, in which a lot of drops more…

But yeah, to put potions and junk in your too small inventory, just to be sure that you missed no good drop,… is a real cool feature.

Its a simple, QOL that is much needed. This is one of the very few great mod implementations that was done, that needs to be added to the OG.

9 Likes

Yup, won’t change actual gameplay but would make the little things so much better.

Loot filter. Stackable gems and runes. Make them an option, like auto gold pick up. If someone doesn’t want to use it, fine, but the rest of us do.

6 Likes

Yeah I often pick up a number of potion and just gobble them only to have a better view of the items on the ground.
An item filter would be an improvement imo.

Same here, but still get to many drops often, mostly with Horker in Travincal but it is not the only place, cows/arcane sanc (chest areas mostly), chaos, baal throne room all places where it is not uncommon even in single player.

There is one you can download and it’s real easy to configure. It makes runes really stand out.

Prefer one thats legal, in other words made by Blizzard and inserted into the game.

9 Likes

Any particular reason why you’re against a user configurable loot filter? Players look for bases quite often or do things like gem farming. And as much as you might not like to hear this, having that much on the screen is actually detrimental to people with visual impairments. Having a way to customize how and what loot is shown is a staple in games like this now.

Having to move right (and not always being able to depending on location and/or terrain) just to see more of the names on the screen is impractical. Also, the engine has a hard limit on how many items can even show. I’ve done a ton of Lower Kurast runs for super chests and consistently have to suck up all the potions, use them, and suck up more (and use them too!) just to see names when all I’m after are runes and specific items like Amazon bows.

As for drop notifictaions, having specific sounds is an accessibility feature that may well end up being added in. Being able to configure the game for better accessibility and readability is hardly something to say no to.

3 Likes

Very simple, and mainly for multiplayer… Fairness for everyone. Not everyone is going to know how to or even care to configure a loot filter. So the person who doesn’t know how or care to configure a drop filter is going to get the short end of the stick compared to someone who has all of the junk filtered out and invisible.

Autogold solved the largest part of the problem with all of the gold labels, however the deluge of health and mana potions is by far is the next biggest problem, which is why I wouldn’t mind a simple and easily configured filter only for health/mana potions.

Which is why I think they should look into item label prioritization… The rarer the item, the higher label priority it gets. If this were in the game in the OPs video, that Ohm rune label would always show if the rune itself is visible anywhere on the screen.

They’ve already touched a bit on this with the adjustments of specific sound sources. I’ve already set the item drop noise slider up to max, and reduced everything else, all just to boost the relatively quiet rune drop sound.

I was thinking of notifications such as light spires, map icons or “SoJ Dropped SouthEast”.

1 Like

Yep, known this issue for awhile. If too much stuff drop in a small space - looking at you cow level and lower kurast - item name can cover up one another.

it’s called “pressing, and holding alt” runes have a color similar to crafted items, you cant miss them unless you dont look.

EDIT: sorry for being a jerk. I should also give you a tip that I use. grab pots even if you dont need them and just guzzle them to get them out of the way. grab junk items and toss them in a corner away from the pile.

I know that takes time, but I use this and it works. this is especially useful during baal waves.

Generally this lesson is learned quickly. See: Path of Exile.

I doubt that’d ever get put in except for accessibility reasons. There was a thread not too long ago about how a blind player is able to play D2R, and those exact types of notifications would assist them greatly.

The reality is the days of “someone might do something bad” is no longer a good argument when it comes to accessibility and QoL. Players that exploit are going to exploint regardless. The main point with requests like this for the loot filter is everyone has access to it, not just those that download a third party mod in order to do have one.

One more thing on the configurable loot filter: PoE uses Neversink’s filters built in. Unfortunately I can’t use those filters even though they’re superior because the user cannot configure those filters from within the game. They have to manually edit the filters by hand and reinstall them. The transparent nameplates and tiny text made the superior loot filter unusable for me due to my eyesight. Lack of configuration can be a death knell for features that are intended to be QoL or enhancements.

This is not always an option, especially in confined areas or due to where a mob/boss dies (see: Mephisto). And it’s both inconvenient and counterintuitive to how the game is naturally played.

2 Likes

objection, thats an opinion.

but anyway, I’ve done this for years and it works. like I said, it’s slower but it’s reliable. if I can do in maggot layer, you can do it anywhere else in the game. mephisto is in an open area, so you can take junk and drop it off near one of those council boss spawns on either side.

Would be nice, but I don’t think Activision is spending anymore resources on this game.

The answer to all your hotfix concerns, Diablo 3.

Last Epoch’s loot filter system is a perfect example of a simple and easy to use/learn in-game loot filter system. Much easier to make your own filters than PoE without having to use any third party tools or sites while still offering the ability to make more complex filters and import/export.

Their stash system/UI is also a great example of how D2R could offer us a lot more stash space.

The comments opposing loot filters or even better notifications out of some questionable version of “fairness” don’t make a great deal of sense. Notifications are a basic accessibility issue. If your sound is off or you can’t hear, you are already at a massive disadvantage in D2 because it was made at a time when basic accessibility wasn’t much of a concern in development.

We also already have some players using a makeshift type of loot filter via using -direct -txt and modifying extracted files to alter drop colors and removing names of common items so their text boxes are empty and don’t take up as much room on the screen. It’s not even clear if Blizzard cares or is against this since you would assume if they didn’t want you to do this they wouldn’t allow you to play online while using modified files (there appears to be no version check or enforcement if those methods still work). Not having a built-in loot filter system is actually what is unfair since the existing solution is sketchy and inaccessible.

Official in-game loot filters including showing desired drops on map would be a huge benefit to the game and are a major basic QoL/accessibility issue.

2 Likes

How about this? What if, you sell drops in town for gold to clear some of the debris? What if you picked up items and moved them elsewhere to see all of your drops?

Nah. You don’t have time for that. You’re in hurry to leech and grab. You have a profit to make. You don’t have time to put effort into it.

You know, before you hork, move/see what’s there first, then, you’ll be able to see what drops after you hork. Really simple solution!

I mean, seriously, does your mom wipe your butt for you after?

3 Likes

The video clearly shows the problem here. And what’s your argument? It’s like i would say “Play the original 2000’s game, if you don’t like changes”.