The Queue system is absolutely pathetic and unacceptable

It’s Temporary. It’s annoying I agree but is Temporary. My problems with the game are less to do with the queue and more to do with the random crashes, only to get popped right back into a queue and not being able to log in at all. Which has been fairly temp and seems to have been much less since the queue has started at least for PC.

Console on the other hand has been pretty yikes at least for Switch. All kinds of weird bugs.

Where have they said that the queue is a short term solution? They’ve said that the queue will keep the population under control while they work on relieving individual strain points, and that the cap will increase as each source of strain is addressed, but I haven’t seen them say anywhere that queues are temporary.

3 Likes

Dude, u lose ur token if u get DC’ed… how can u even defend that? its retarded, they have that system in WOW etc, why its not in D2r is beyond me…

2 Likes

Yeah why is this a trend in the morning time? Prime time game play throughout the day and night seems to be ok but in the mornings its garbage… I know not as many people are on in the mornings especially during the weekdays… Also I have been in que for 30 minutes and then it put me right back in que again for even longer… LAME SAUCE

2 Likes

This has me reconsidering my purchase of d4 when the time comes. To just sit around waiting with this feels like small time issue that a big company can’t handle after a month…what the hell.

3 Likes

Here you go. 20 characters

1 Like

pretty sure that sh*** is gonna be long term. They dont have any idea on how to solve this…

4 Likes

The que system doesn’t even work if it just keeps throwing you back in que once it FINALLY counts down to 0…

2 Likes

You are obviously not in software development and clueless about challenges of production load vs what they were able to test during release. It’s NOT 20yo game. It’s one month old remake of old game that uses some legacy code. Obviously it has way high volume of players then original D2 ever had. When I bought D2 in 1999 not every house had computer and cable internet. They’re talking about hundreds of thousands concurrent players. It’s morning in USA, but prime time in Asia and EU. They’re working on solution. Queues are short term. Same was with Wow before they developed sharding. It takes time to redesign and to develop. We who play after the work at 7-8PM don’t have any issues with a queues.

a short term solution… people payed good money for this game, it shouldn’t have been released in this state - what a joke. You defending it means they will only release more unfinished products because people like you think it’s ok. It is NOT ok.

5 Likes

a cant start the qests in act 2 witsh amazon !!!

Same! Wth is wrong with the servers??1

It’s not unfinished. Would you call the server issue with D3? Unfinished? That took em like three days to fix.

I absolutely agree.
The bigger problem is that Blizzard has no solution for this.
They just say " Oh, we are working on it with all staff. blah blah blah."
but they do not suggest any particular way to solve this problem.
They have to give us some timeline to solve this problem.
I bet they don’t care whether the game operate smoothly or not, because they already got paid for the package.

I actually think the problem is so big it needs all the net code redone, so a new game essentially.

They don’t have any answers, they are just going to ignore the community.

1 Like

The Queue is insane…
It takes about 30 Minutes…
I got 61. it really is…

1 Like

What in the hell is happening? 77 people in queue to play at 6 am on a Thursday? Unacceptable Blizz.

Today I logged in and was 115 in queue. My wife, who is on her laptop next to me, logged in not even 3 or 4 minutes after me and she was placed 86. How does that work? WTF Blizzard.

1 Like

I prefer Bliz did their homework its 2021 :slight_smile: I do agree the redesign team did an amazing job. But the stress testing by the hosting team was a poor effort. Surely sitting around the meeting room these topics came up. Answers were ‘nah we got this can handle 50000 at once easy’. Then off to lunch break for some bacon and egg sandwiches hehe.

So you have a problem sitting in queue so that European and Asian bots can get their loots? Yeah, I agree.