The Queue system is absolutely pathetic and unacceptable

I don’t have big pauses in my schedule. I can’t afford to wait 30 minutes to 1 hour each time to log in.

People like me who want to do some quick mf runs before work or school can’t, or during their lunch break.

I absolutely expected more from Activision Blizzard, a huge gaming company.

Can’t even let people play their games when they want to put time according to their schedules.

Edit: I actually feel bad for the artists who worked on that game because the visuals are very good. The online experience and bugs // crashes ruined it.

93 Likes

This has been my experience this morning:
Log on, join queue.
Play another game while sitting in the queue.
30 minutes later, get into D2R.
WP to Durance of Hate. Kill 1 rare.
Client crashes.
Return to queue, now for 45 minutes.

36 Likes

at least u got in, mine gets to 0 and then tells me failed to connect and i have to start again

12 Likes

So you prefer server down? It’s short term solution. They’re working on long term. It takes time to redesign things.

3 Likes

At least your que moves. My que just stays at 150 and has not moved for 30 minutes.

6 Likes

If it keeps people being able to play (which I have) then I’m all for it.

Better that than FFA servers where people are spamming repeatedly to farm games every 5 seconds and preventing others who are playing the game as intended from playing it.

been mine as well for the past 3 mornings - either the game doesnt work entirely and the login servers are down - or im spending 1 hour in queue for 20 mins of gameplay. its ridiculous.

5 Likes

Plenty of people can’t play though, my queue sits at 150 and doesn’t move.

5 Likes

yep, happened to me 2x today, Blizzard your system is garbage.

3 Likes

servers are still down , but now its even more annoying :smiley:

Before you were told “servers are down” right away … now you must wait in the queue for 40min to tell you “servers are down”

Such a big improvement and fix /being sarcastic/

5 Likes

i do prefer server down, then everyones aware of the garbage and Blizzard doesnt get non-deserved credit of " they are doing something" from people like you. we paid money for so man features of the updated game and it has been unplayable. Stop accepting Blizzards terrible system and service.

7 Likes

I prefer a game that works as intended. This isn’t a new concept that they are just learning about. There is no excuse for this 20+ year game to not be working correctly.

6 Likes

Sat in queue from 152 for 30 minutes this morning while doing some work, got to the end of the queue, watched it count down to 1 and then loaded into the offline character screen. Clicked to play online and now I’m back in the queue at 185, hasn’t budged in the past 10 minutes. Pretty silly…

5 Likes

It’s Temporary. It’s annoying I agree but is Temporary. My problems with the game are less to do with the queue and more to do with the random crashes, only to get popped right back into a queue and not being able to log in at all. Which has been fairly temp and seems to have been much less since the queue has started at least for PC.

Console on the other hand has been pretty yikes at least for Switch. All kinds of weird bugs.

Where have they said that the queue is a short term solution? They’ve said that the queue will keep the population under control while they work on relieving individual strain points, and that the cap will increase as each source of strain is addressed, but I haven’t seen them say anywhere that queues are temporary.

3 Likes

Dude, u lose ur token if u get DC’ed… how can u even defend that? its retarded, they have that system in WOW etc, why its not in D2r is beyond me…

2 Likes

Yeah why is this a trend in the morning time? Prime time game play throughout the day and night seems to be ok but in the mornings its garbage… I know not as many people are on in the mornings especially during the weekdays… Also I have been in que for 30 minutes and then it put me right back in que again for even longer… LAME SAUCE

2 Likes

This has me reconsidering my purchase of d4 when the time comes. To just sit around waiting with this feels like small time issue that a big company can’t handle after a month…what the hell.

3 Likes

Here you go. 20 characters

1 Like

pretty sure that sh*** is gonna be long term. They dont have any idea on how to solve this…

4 Likes